Page 9 of 11 ... 7891011
    Legend
    02-18-2010, 10:34 AM #81

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Havpaper Champ...few things my cherry picking friend. 10% intra day correction I was referring to was the S&P 500/Dow. It has already happened and will continue to happen, especially when core prices rose and jobless claims "UN-Expectedly" rose. No one is hiring, period. Please don't give me a reference to your small niche town and reference some small company thats hiring forklift drivers, lol. As for the dead money paragraph please go and reread it, I gave charts and specific time framed examples of when it was dormant, your analysis of when it went from dead to back in play was, just after my post, which I am taking credit for, ty. You can't cherry pick info from a paragraph and make reference from it....it makes you sound a little...how do you say dumb, nicely?

As for last night, Asia was flat to down, Europe was flat to up and after our numbers just got released they started trending down. On my streamer all of the shorts are leading today, FXP and FAZ are very nice contrarian plays on the market when things look to be going down. I also wanted to note I heard from a large hedge fund the exact same reference I have been screaming....have some shorts, use ETF's, their are tons of people making tons of money on the down days, this market is not like it used to be, you can go from bullish to bearish a few times a day. Don't just be long stocks...its a sucker bet.

Good luck today,
    Big Ben
    Siri just move into the green 1c.

Hey Ben Champ,

Did you take profits yet on your latest SXM purchase?
    ah the Dow Ben! Now i understand.
    I am going to read your "dead money" comment again so i can confirm what you are saying. i mentioned it a bunch of times, and so have others, since that post. Glad you finally responded after so long.
    You did say that SXM was likely to head back to .68 though correct? lol.
    You did say you didnt know how to short SXM correct? Even though you were pretty certain it was headed down from the 80's? i always found that extremely interesting. A few of your comments and predictions over the many months made you sound a little...... how do you say dumb..., nicely?

Our conversations have all been in good fun i will have you know. Good luck with your trades.

Legend
    02-18-2010, 10:56 AM #82
    This is an amazing run!
    Ben surely you followed your own advice and took profits on the way up from
    85 ?

Enthusiast
    02-18-2010, 11:04 AM #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    This is an amazing run!
    Ben surely you followed your own advice and took profits on the way up from
    85 ?
    Truly so. This is the most aggresive runup I've seen prior to a quarterly report.. Wow..

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-18-2010, 11:25 AM #84
    Quote Originally Posted by proactiv View Post
    Truly so. This is the most aggresive runup I've seen prior to a quarterly report.. Wow..
    Yeah, it's kind of blowing my noon prediction right out of the water. I don't mind losing while I'm winning!!!!

I'm still counting on serious profit taking just before lunch Friday and a momentary drop below a dollar....LOL

Enthusiast
    02-18-2010, 11:43 AM #85
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Yeah, it's kind of blowing my noon prediction right out of the water. I don't mind losing while I'm winning!!!!

I'm still counting on serious profit taking just before lunch Friday and a momentary drop below a dollar....LOL
    Me too, I am fairly surprised that after we hit $1 that we didnt retrace a little before we moved up ... but I am glad!
    I will actually add to my position on any pullback now to that $1 level. price target for me is now 1.45

Enthusiast
    02-18-2010, 12:28 PM #86
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    I don't mind losing while I'm winning!!!!
    Well said! Me too.

02-18-2010, 05:07 PM #87
    Havakasha,

Yes all in good fun. I must tell you I did take profits today and yesterday, hit a 2% trailing stop of two 5k blocks of siri...first block picked of .85 on the 9th, let go yesterday at 1.06, and this morning sold 5k @ 1.14, picked those off at a dollar...so yes I have rung the register twice in 24hrs, ty...cash is king..always will be. Picked of 250 shares of FAZ 5 minutes ago for 18.58...Its trending up going into the bell usually a good sign.

As for our little debate about price, you defiantly have me calling a down swing in the eighties..still don't think that is unreasonable...thus the reason I sell....this pig could fall from the sky like an anvil if the street digests the numbers and does it like them. Got to run, 2 foreclosures left and I am done!

Big Ben

Enthusiast
    02-18-2010, 05:43 PM #88
    I understand now that earnings will not be reported until next week.
    Anybody know for sure?

Mentor
    02-18-2010, 06:27 PM #89

SIRI to Announce Q4 and Full Year 2009 Results

Quote Originally Posted by proactiv View Post
    I understand now that earnings will not be reported until next week.
    Anybody know for sure?
    SIRIUS XM Radio to Announce Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2009 Results

Feb 18, 2010 16:55:00 (ET)

NEW YORK, Feb 18, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio (SIRI, Trade ) today announced that it plans to release fourth quarter and full year 2009 financial and operating results on Thursday, February 25, 2010.

SIRIUS XM will hold a conference call at 8:00 am ET on Thursday, February 25, 2010 to discuss these results. Investors and the press can listen to the conference call via the company's website, www.sirius.com , and on its satellite radio service by tuning to SIRIUS channel 126 or XM channel 90.

A replay of the call will be available on www.sirius.com .

SIRIUS XM also announced that it and its two subsidiaries intend to file their Annual Reports on Form 10-K following the conference call.

Mentor
    02-18-2010, 06:40 PM #90

Overheard at koat!

good morning Sheree
    good morning Johnny
    couple more shekels Sheree and I'll be sittin on half-mil cash-money
    I'm map-que$ting Valley Forge as we speak Johnny

Page 9 of 11 ... 7891011