Page 5 of 11 ... 34567 ...
    02-17-2010, 10:39 AM #41
    Already had a 10% intra day correction, my friend. Is that not big enough? I entered my 5k of siri with 2% trailing parameter. Nice, run baby run! Believe it or not I have to go and evict someone from their home, never fun. Meet the sheriff at noon. Talk to you tonight paper champ. Looks to be a wild ride so far, have funs kids!

Big Ben

Legend
    02-17-2010, 10:44 AM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Havakasha....jealous of your paper gain come on buddy....I move and shake...you buy and hold...your strategy is dead my friend...my strategy produces real cash. I'm up 15% on 5k shares and just picked up 5k more for a buck. Have you shaved/realized any gains yet? If not you should keep your unrealized mouth shut...in essence you have gained nothing..paper champ, I am going to call you that going forward. I am like the old Tyson, knocking mofos down every chance I get. Do you understand that stocks don't go up in a straight line? I know you might be new to this but really what have I missed? If I slowly accumulate a position while the stock is around 1-1.25 what have I lost....if the stock is poised to move to 3-4 dollars I have tripled or more...as for the move from .06-.91 I cashed on most of those moves....so what have I missed? I am a little confused. Lets say I am right, buy the rumor sell the report...and the stock dips back to .9 and looks like it could move back to .8 range, will your strategy change? Probably not, and mine won't either but I will have cashed some in the dollar range, you will have nothing but a smaller paper gain...which means nothing. So if you want to bust my balls with some credibility look at my short positions, FAZ, FXP, both are back to screaming buy levels...I shaved half of FAZ close to 22 and only a third of FXP around 10ish...the latter move should have been a bigger sell...more shares. So, just like you I watched a paper gain erode, thats a mistake, no doubt. Do yourself a favor and put a limit order in for 10k shares at 1.05 and if it hits, sweet, when the shinny pig moves back under a dollar take your cash and move into 15k shares, you would have 75k then....if you would have been moving and shaking the whole ride up you might have 150k shares, no?

Good luck today..lets pray this thing moves far away from a dollar! We want Mels hands to be tide....and if we do and he still uses the reverse split then at least we know fosho he is not our CEO, or does not have our best interest at heart.

Big Ben

side note on my fix is in theory, it was broken yesterday and looks to be broke today...siri was pushed higher by the rest of the market...first time this has happened in over two months..good sign. 2 million traded already and a big chunk 250k on level 2 is sitting at 1.02. Interesting.
    Yes i realize that stocks dont go up in a straight line. LOL. i think you forgot i invested in SXM. Look at their chart. i just prefer not to trade in and out and get caught out. Some very experienced traders have been caught out in the last couple of weeks. You said the stock would probably go down to .68 which means you bet on it going down not up. So you didnt get burned at all? How is that possible. You say you dont know how to short SXM and i am supposed to believe it? You short other stocks all the time. You can continue to trade the way you want on SXM. i have a sell point for some of my sxm stock and its higher than where we are. Wish me luck

Up to this point i am better off for not having sold at .60's, .70's etc. i dont think that decision was rocket science.
    i figured after there release of info about their increase of 250,000 new subscriptions and reading other information that if SXM was ever going to go up now was the time in the leadup to the 4th quarter report. I dont think that was an unreasonable thought.
    Yes i understand your point about paper profits. Well taken but i will not shut up about calling you on some of your previous estimates of where the stock market or SXM will go or in giving my opinion in general. Remember you were the one who called SXM "DEAD MONEY" just a little week or two ago. Very brazen but oh my god so very wrong.
    The next weeks should very interesting. I wish all of us well.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 02-17-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Legend
    02-17-2010, 11:13 AM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Big Ben

took 10% off the table yesterday @.9525...50% profit...felt damn good from where I was this time last year.

Agree with your trading because it works for you. However, I am not available to trade on the quick dips and not savvy enough to be able to follow TA. So, buy and hold works for me. But not totally averse to hitting the sell button once and a while!

JS
    Dont blame you for taking profits but dont understand why yesterday when it seemed very clear we were going to at least have a run at $1.00 pre 4th quarter announcement? Dont let Ben influence you TOO much though he makes a very good point about taking profits. He said SXM was DEAD MONEY 2 weeks ago.
    Good luck with the rest. I am holding for a higher price (looking to sell part at $1.25 and above depending on facts that are announced at 4th quarter report).

Legend
    02-17-2010, 11:16 AM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Already had a 10% intra day correction, my friend. Is that not big enough? I entered my 5k of siri with 2% trailing parameter. Nice, run baby run! Believe it or not I have to go and evict someone from their home, never fun. Meet the sheriff at noon. Talk to you tonight paper champ. Looks to be a wild ride so far, have funs kids!

Big Ben
    10% intra day correction? Please explain. i have seen it go up close to 10% today.

02-17-2010, 11:26 AM #45
    Grats to everyone who had the courage to hold your position to $1.00. I was out with all my shares at around .70. Still a very good profit after buying most of my shares at around 30 cents last year, but I must say I regret not following through with my plan of sticking until it hits $1.00.

Congrats to everyone who held their position on some well deserved profits, after all that waiting!

02-17-2010, 11:58 AM #46
    Good Morning Guys

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUlie

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-17-2010, 12:03 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good Morning Guys

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUlie
    Hi Julie, isn't it nice to be a SIRI stock holder these days?

The smell of money almost makes this darn long winter not seem so intolerable!!!

Enthusiast
    02-17-2010, 12:07 PM #48
    So here's what I'm wondering.. I have made money over the past 4 quarters by accumulating in the days/weeks following the quarterly report, when the price always drops, and then selling at the runup leading to the next report. My gut is telling me not this strategy may not be best this time around; that the upcoming report might inspire a continued uptrend.

Would appreciate your thoughts.. Do you think there will be another significant fall off this time around?

02-17-2010, 12:20 PM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Hi Julie, isn't it nice to be a SIRI stock holder these days?

The smell of money almost makes this darn long winter not seem so intolerable!!!
    Sure does Chuck.

Look who's talking long winter. You don't know long
    until you've lived here.

Julie

Enthusiast
    02-17-2010, 12:27 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Sure does Chuck.

Look who's talking long winter. You don't know long
    until you've lived here.

Julie
    Hey Julie. I was in Chicago the week before last for 6 days and I was thinking about you up there in the frozen northern tundra! I got out of town right before the snow came.. Bet you're looking forward to spring..

Page 5 of 11 ... 34567 ...