Page 8 of 11 ... 678910 ...
    02-17-2010, 08:54 PM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by proactiv View Post
    You are sittin' pretty right now..

Thanks.
    I don't want to jinx myself by counting my chickens too early but, if I am lucky enough to win your most generous offer, I'd accept only on the condition that you, in turn, would accept a token of my appreciation.

Legend
    02-17-2010, 09:23 PM #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    Your comment re agreement with John's views is puzzlng since he has none - just ideology without evidence. He is frequently incoherent and responds with sarcasm and ad hominum attacks rather than facts. He has admitted he doesn't read other's posts. Is that what you consider a constructive dialogue? You must be very proud to agree with someone like that. I'd be embarrassed.

You can only disagree with someone's views if you have objective, factual evidence to support your view. To say that do not agree with someone requires a reason not just because you don't.

Bayh was a spineless senator but your parting comment labels you as an ideologue - which is why you agree with John.

Ho.
    Very well said Atypical. Much better than i could ever express.

02-17-2010, 09:53 PM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by crews1 View Post
    Thanks.
    I don't want to jinx myself by counting my chickens too early but, if I am lucky enough to win your most generous offer, I'd accept only on the condition that you, in turn, would accept a token of my appreciation.
    And what might that be?

Enthusiast
    02-17-2010, 11:06 PM #74
    Thanks.
    I would accept of course! And you're right about not counting the chickens. I have seen this puppy do some real swings - both up and down - but I still think you're sittin' pretty for Friday noon. We'll know in about 38 hours.

The past few days have been a lot of fun.

Enthusiast
    02-17-2010, 11:12 PM #75
    And what might that be?
    See post #6 this thread..

02-17-2010, 11:22 PM #76
    Thanks for the response but I addressed it to Crews 1 who said @ 6:54 (71) "accept only on the condition that you, in turn, would accept a token of my appreciation".

By the way your offer was obviously very generous. I would enjoy hearing sometime about how you came to choose that location and what its surroundings are like.
    Last edited by Atypical; 02-17-2010 at 11:46 PM.

02-18-2010, 06:22 AM #77
    And what might that be?
    A suitable-for-framing copy of the weather report that I'll be most happy to give to Julietoo.

02-18-2010, 07:04 AM #78
    A suitable-for-framing copy of the weather report that I'll be most happy to give to Julietoo.

Dear Crews1,

Obviously you know the way to my heart, a weather report from
    a tropical local. One that I can sit and stare at as the snow
    drifts pile higher, the wind howls, and the sun remains hidden behind
    the grey clouds.
    And perhaps you could send some pictures of you lying on the beach,
    soaking up the sun, frolicking in the waves, landing that big fish and
    toasting with a large coconut drink.

That will surely bring me out of my winter doldrums.

Good luck on Fridays contest.

Julie

Enthusiast
    02-18-2010, 10:16 AM #79
    Thanks for the response but I addressed it to Crews 1 who said @ 6:54 (71) "accept only on the condition that you, in turn, would accept a token of my appreciation".

By the way your offer was obviously very generous. I would enjoy hearing sometime about how you came to choose that location and what its surroundings are like.
    Got it! Sorry - I misunderstood..
    I'll post an answer to how I chose the location and what it's like later today.
    I guess I should post on another thread - the topic is not really related to Stock Talk.. I'll let you know where I post it though..

02-18-2010, 10:18 AM #80
    Havpaper Champ...few things my cherry picking friend. 10% intra day correction I was referring to was the S&P 500/Dow. It has already happened and will continue to happen, especially when core prices rose and jobless claims "UN-Expectedly" rose. No one is hiring, period. Please don't give me a reference to your small niche town and reference some small company thats hiring forklift drivers, lol. As for the dead money paragraph please go and reread it, I gave charts and specific time framed examples of when it was dormant, your analysis of when it went from dead to back in play was, just after my post, which I am taking credit for, ty. You can't cherry pick info from a paragraph and make reference from it....it makes you sound a little...how do you say dumb, nicely?

As for last night, Asia was flat to down, Europe was flat to up and after our numbers just got released they started trending down. On my streamer all of the shorts are leading today, FXP and FAZ are very nice contrarian plays on the market when things look to be going down. I also wanted to note I heard from a large hedge fund the exact same reference I have been screaming....have some shorts, use ETF's, their are tons of people making tons of money on the down days, this market is not like it used to be, you can go from bullish to bearish a few times a day. Don't just be long stocks...its a sucker bet.

Good luck today,
    Big Ben
    Siri just move into the green 1c.

Page 8 of 11 ... 678910 ...