Mentor
    01-07-2010, 11:15 AM #1

Artie Lange Stabs Himself 9 Times!

"Troubled comic Artie Lange landed in the hospital after stabbing himself nine times in an apparent suicide attempt, sources told The Post. Lange's frantic mom called 911 Saturday morning after she entered his Hoboken apartment and found the bloodied funnyman, a law-enforcement source said. Lange sustained six "hesitation wounds" and three deep plunges. A source close to Lange's management team confirmed that the Howard Stern sidekick stabbed himself, adding that his mother had come to visit him that day to drop off food. Surgeons managed to save Lange despite heavy bleeding.

Head Honcho
    01-08-2010, 01:16 PM #2
    I can't imagine him ever coming back to the show after this. Even if he did it would not be for a long time. I wonder who will fill that seat.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-19-2010, 07:28 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I can't imagine him ever coming back to the show after this. Even if he did it would not be for a long time. I wonder who will fill that seat.
    On Howards show today he spoke of talking with Artie and how
    awkward that was. Went on to mention they didn't have a close
    relationship. Also said Artie didn't sound well. I bet Charles is right. He won't be back.

03-28-2010, 05:14 PM #4
    Saw an appearance by Artie on Showtime, I believe, a few days ago. Standup routine at a club in NYC. Still fat and the Artie we know and ...
    Last edited by Atypical; 04-03-2010 at 05:04 PM.

03-29-2010, 08:12 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    Saw an appearance by Artie on Showtime, I believe, a few days ago. Standup routine at a club in NYC. Seems fat and still the usual Artie.
    Hi Atyp,

Was that a current show you saw? I was wondering if he was going back
    to Stern's show. The times I have listened lately there has been no
    mention of Artie. Shame, I enjoyed him on that show.

Julie

03-29-2010, 12:14 PM #6
    I should have mentioned that I looked to see when it was recorded and it was this year. Of course, the release could have been a bit after the appearance. I didn't get to see the entire program. Will post more info when available.