Page 6 of 18 ... 4567816 ...
    Guru
    01-06-2010, 03:05 AM #51

If totally bored..click here

Mentor
    01-06-2010, 09:38 AM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    yes , in effect we are picking each others pockets. its very rare we hurt the MM's. somebody will take a loss. we need buyers willing to pay more than we did in order to execute a successful trade. the thing is you need to find stocks that are undervalued , buy them, and when they become fair value or overvalued you need to sell. somebody has to be willing to overpay for something. it's the game we're playing. it's part of the risk involved. there is absolutely nothing wrong with you having a moral dilemna, maybe trading is not for you. i play poker for a living, if i start feeling like im doing something wrong by winning then im gonna see my ROI go down the drain. just remember, trading the stock market is just like playing a game. everybody knows the rules and risks involved. you need to use rationality and avoid emotions. if that is impossible then just avoid trading because the ones that get hurt will be you and your family..

p.s. whats the difference between making a few dollars short term or making alot of dollars long term? someone is still paying more than you did for your shares.
    Hey Bass ...

I certainly have a knack for crashing two trains of thought, especially first thing in the morning ... I really botched that. It's the scam aspect that gets the righteous indignation up - Maybe similar to finding out you were playing against a loaded deck in a game of poker or a crooked dealer in Black Jack.
    It's once again early here so ...

Mentor
    01-06-2010, 10:29 AM #53
    Hey Bill,

Do you still have L2 on the shrub? I seem to recall you mentioning their wonderful little process of having to write a letter, send it overseas, to be able to cancel the subscription service ...

Fortunately, while tooling around I recognized this and got lucky again tracing back the emails from them to find that I was still under the trial version up until today. Pretty damn sneaky that you cannot find any of this information when you are logged in anywhere ... In one of the emails I was able to cancel it before getting charged and therefore stuck short of the whole process, writing letters etc.

Called up Etrade yesterday and they set me up on a free 60 day trial of Power Etrade - I am digging this!

Now, if somebody could tell me just what exactly all these bright colors and fancy graphics all mean, I can proceed to lose more money in high style!
    Last edited by Los Tiburones; 01-06-2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Is it a trail or a trial ...

01-06-2010, 11:56 AM #54
    LT--
    Care to share with us how you're going to play QEDN? I still have a measly 283,100 shares left over (tried to sell 1 million, only got a partial fill).
    I figured that I would just leave it in the account and see how all this merger nonsense plays out. Both companies look to be worth damn near zero...but...you know how the Shrubsters react to things like this.

I do think it could pop up by Friday as the Shrubsters get whipped into a frenzy. I'm already at 400% return on my $28.31 initial investment (LOL...really).

I'm going to gamble that it WILL hit $.001 as the merger stuff unfolds, then sell. I have my eye on a new Ruger LCR revolver...might as well let the Shrubsters pay for it.

How about you?

Addict
    01-06-2010, 12:06 PM #55
    guys, check out AGCZ.
    looks like it might be ready to take off.

01-06-2010, 03:30 PM #56

ifsl

Is anybody still in IFSL? News came out this morning. They are talking big things on the shrub. Just wanted to get your guys opinion if anybody is following.

Mentor
    01-06-2010, 04:38 PM #57
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    LT--
    Care to share with us how you're going to play QEDN? I still have a measly 283,100 shares left over (tried to sell 1 million, only got a partial fill).
    I figured that I would just leave it in the account and see how all this merger nonsense plays out. Both companies look to be worth damn near zero...but...you know how the Shrubsters react to things like this.

I do think it could pop up by Friday as the Shrubsters get whipped into a frenzy. I'm already at 400% return on my $28.31 initial investment (LOL...really).

I'm going to gamble that it WILL hit $.001 as the merger stuff unfolds, then sell. I have my eye on a new Ruger LCR revolver...might as well let the Shrubsters pay for it.

How about you?

Hey Greg,

Just got out this morning. Had 1 Mil @ .0004 and sold it at .0006, almost paid for my Shark tix's -

After the whole moral dilema business ... I don't feel bad making a few bucks on it, even if it is a dirty rotten smelly highly suspicious ....

Funny, think some of those guys over there deserve whatever they get as future bagholders - I posted the links, which they of course took down and gave them a little piece of my mind about squashing democracy in a supposedly open forum ... Denial must be a a pixe dust atribute.

But, yeah - They will probably drive it up some more before the anticipated merger, that's a pretty nice gain there on 20 some odd bucks!

Mentor
    01-06-2010, 04:44 PM #58

Cbai

Dr. Dave,

Whats your take on CBAI? I keep anticipating a retrace and I guess I am really chasing a top ... almost flipped it at .017-ish.

Lot of news out in the last couple of days - Still ... wondering at the O\S - A\S ... debt. etc.

01-06-2010, 04:57 PM #59
    Took some profits on NEP, PUDA and CHOP today but still holding all 3. Will re-buy on a pullback.

Watching IDI and CCME for good entry points.

Enthusiast
    01-06-2010, 05:10 PM #60

I'm in IFSL

Quote Originally Posted by Skivail View Post
    Is anybody still in IFSL? News came out this morning. They are talking big things on the shrub. Just wanted to get your guys opinion if anybody is following.
    Hey Ski:

I've been in and out of IFSL, picking pockets for awhile. It's been a steady, slow descent since Q3 was a disappointment to the shrubbers.

I think there's upside here but it won't 'shoot the moon' like the shrubbers are hoping. My gut tells me they are positioning themselves to be bought out by a bigger 'online money management site' like Quizzle or Mint. Just a W.A.Guess on my part.

To their benefit, if the PR is true and they are now debt-free and did really do a buy-back and retired those shares, there should be some money to be made.

Watching closely.

Sandy

Page 6 of 18 ... 4567816 ...