Page 15 of 27 ... 5131415161725 ...
    Mentor
    12-14-2009, 05:04 PM #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Thanks for your expressed confidence, but are you sure you want to go with me? I mean John is the guy who says he has great common sense, does his research and has such vast stock picking experience.
    Hey Lloyd . . . if you wouldn't mind . . . I think I'd like to start calling johnnyirishxm "Havanokasha"

Legend
    12-14-2009, 06:26 PM #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Hey Lloyd . . . if you wouldn't mind . . . I think I'd like to start calling johnnyirishxm "Havanokasha"
    Very funny. Be my quest. I am honored. Lol.

Let me know his reaction.

Mentor
    12-14-2009, 07:31 PM #143
    Volatility is still pretty low on this stock... see the ATR and volume. I think Bass nailed it on the head... quiet month, folks not thinking too much about trading at the moment.

Based on this chart, had I had to give a guess today for the end of year price, I'd go with 0.64.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 12-15-2009 at 01:28 AM.

Mentor
    12-14-2009, 07:41 PM #144
    Some signs of a move up on these indexes... problem is that futures seemed to have stalled - usually you want to see those guys make the bigger move first.... though, they'll be going all night...

At some point, I'll try to look at the Russell 2000, may be more applicable to this SIRI thing.

Mentor
    12-14-2009, 07:46 PM #145
    The VIX is now trading between 20 and 25 - so things are slowing down...will we see an end of the month pop? - which would likely correspond to a small sell off for taxes and booking gains on the mutual funds? At this juncture, it doesn't look all that violent... it's ATR is on the downturn, lol, volatility of volatility... derivatives of derivatives... who can do that kind of math? If anything, it means to stay out of 2X leveraged funds at the moment...

12-14-2009, 08:07 PM #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Thanks for your expressed confidence, but are you sure you want to go with me? I mean John is the guy who says he has great common sense, does his research, and has such vast stock picking experience.
    That's true. but this is Sirius, anything is possible. It will creep up, you are in the perfect price position.

vaporgold

Legend
    12-14-2009, 08:24 PM #147
    Quote Originally Posted by vaporgold View Post
    That's true. but this is Sirius, anything is possible. It will creep up, you are in the perfect price position.

vaporgold

LOl. This certainly is Sirius. And he certainly is John.

Enthusiast
    12-14-2009, 11:31 PM #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Volatility is still pretty low on this stock... see the ATR and volume. I think Bass nailed it on the head... quiet month, folks not thinking too much about trading at the moment.

Based on this chart, had I had to give a guess today for the end of year price, I'd go with 0.64.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Dr. Dave:

First, thank you for your posts. They are awesome.

Second, I like that you are thinking a little higher with the price today.

Nice. So I'm going to take that as a positive and hope for good things.

I am counting on Vapor to decipher your chart code and then let me in on them. LOL

Mentor
    12-15-2009, 12:24 AM #149
    different patterns same signal. candles blended and its inverse hammers on the bottom of the down trend. broadening wedge. confused about the bearish flags not resulting in further downtrend but overall bullish about a possible breakout on the vix. looking at heavy resistance around 42. maybe be time to play options in the near future. forgot to add a historical support line which happens to be where the blended candles create the last inverse hammer vix.jpg

Mentor
    12-15-2009, 01:27 AM #150
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    different patterns same signal. candles blended and its inverse hammers on the bottom of the down trend. broadening wedge. confused about the bearish flags not resulting in further downtrend but overall bullish about a possible breakout on the vix. looking at heavy resistance around 42. maybe be time to play options in the near future. forgot to add a historical support line which happens to be where the blended candles create the last inverse hammer vix.jpg
    You're becoming a TA addict - you already are nuts about poker... I would stop now, before it's too late and you go crazy..

What do you think about the 35-38 zone?

Page 15 of 27 ... 5131415161725 ...