11-23-2009, 01:09 PM #1

Unhappy Stiletto 100 not charging in car dock

I have had this stiletto 100 for over a year and never had a problem. All of a sudden it has quit charging in the car dock. No changes to anything with the radio, or the vehicle wiring. Could the charging circuit of the radio, or the dock have gone bad? Is this repairable?

Thanks

Enthusiast
    11-23-2009, 01:39 PM #2
    Do you have any other equipment you can cross test this with like a home dock or another car dock. It could be the car dock itself that has gone bad but it may also be the unit. If you have any other equipment you can cross test this with i would go ahead and do so.

11-23-2009, 05:36 PM #3
    I have checked it with the home dock as well. No charging. The batteries will charge in the home dock without using the radio, just in the battery slot. I guess it is the charging circuit in the radio. Is this something repairable?

Enthusiast
    11-23-2009, 06:45 PM #4
    We use a repair guy who is very successful with most repairs, but I know he cannot do anything with stilettos. Their circuit boards were put together with precision machines and are very small. He cannot operate on them.