Page 2 of 4 1234
    Enthusiast
    11-12-2009, 09:01 AM #11
    For what it's worth, I'm still here!

The others pop in and out occassionally and make 'special guest appearances'. Haven't had a weather report from Julie in God knows how long. Must be busy with the 'frig or somethin'.

Good news with the upgrade! We'll see how we open. Pre-market looks up so far. If only this damn stock could find support each time in a higher range and stay there. And yet another satellite launch. You have to wonder why a company that is supposedly doomed to go belly-up in the future would keep investing moolah in space shots. It just doesn't compute.

Anyhoo...yes, the place here is like a ghost town. But I look for it to pick up especially if we get more upgrades and move in closer to Q4. If we can manage to start to nestle up towards the dollar range by then this place will be buzzin'.

Cheers
    Jeff in AZ aka mrmertz

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    11-12-2009, 10:58 AM #12
    And Sirius XM is still going strong!

Yep, it's a major Noreaster here on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. 5 inches of rain in the last 12 hours. Winds of 50 to 60 mph at times. Lots of folks without electricity overnight. And Sirius never stopped working! Cable TV is out, the Dish Network isn't working but Sirius is still rocking!!!!

How's that for a weather report?

And to top it off, we're over 65 cents this morning!

Enthusiast
    11-12-2009, 07:48 PM #13
    A couple more pieces of news..
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Murray Arenson of Janco Partners has resumed coverage of Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) with an ACCUMULATE rating and a price objective of .80., stating a belief that Sirius XM has in fact turned away from a subscriber growth story to a cash flow growth story that stems from Sirius XM posting four consecutive quarters of positive adjusted EBITDA. Mr Arenson was also impressed with the statement from Sirius XM that .70 of every incremental dollar of revenue now falls to the bottom line given its fixed cost infrastructure.

Mr. Arenson also cited growing cash flows, a return to positive subscriber growth, incremental revenue additions, lower operating expenses, extended debt maturities and overall balance sheet improvements. He also noted the value of the company’s attempts to capitalize on the certified pre-owned auto market.

Under Janco’s rating system, an accumulate rating is defined as:

The Company possesses solid fundamentals, above average growth opportunities and/or is expected to outperform the market averages by 5-20% over the longer term. In addition, in the Analyst’s opinion, there is only a moderate risk of long-term capital loss even if there is potential for short-term trading volatility due to specific event risk.

--------------------------------------------------------------

In a report issued Monday by Barrington Research Associates, Senior Investment Analyst Jim Goss maintained his OUTPERFORM rating on Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) while upgrading his 2010 and 2011 price targets following the company’s third quarter earnings report.

Mr. Goss raised estimates on better than expected revenue and improving metrics going forward, such as improving subscriber numbers due in part to the cash for clunkers program, increased ARPU and continued cost consolidation. Increased EBITDA projections and faster implementation of the royalty recovery fee were the main drivers of his raised 2010 base target price to 1.25 and his 2011 base target price to 1.50.

Barrington Research Associates provides information intended for institutional investment firms. As such, the suitability of any analysis should not be taken as a recommendation to buy or sell shares of Sirius XM Radio on an individual basis. Investors should seek the advice of a professional before acting on any recommendation, to determine the suitability of a particular investment for their own individual needs.

11-13-2009, 01:26 AM #14
    Wow, big after hours news for the stock. Gary Parsons gone! You can never tell with this stock, but I think it might react positively.

Big news here too:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0091112?rpc=44

This won't be a significant issue for a long while, but it could make a difference down the line. I'd say there's a chance Liberty will one day buy out Sirius. They are making an absolute killing on the deal so far, and the company is performing well.
    Last edited by Dlite; 11-13-2009 at 01:35 AM.

Enthusiast
    11-13-2009, 08:50 AM #15
    Hmmm...an article about a SIRI spin-off and Parson's departure. What will today bring - if anything? We shall soon see...

Enthusiast
    11-13-2009, 08:55 AM #16
    Early pre-market indictates news as positive but all can change 5 minutes before the bell and it's a Friday. But then again, this is SIRI stock too! Never expect the obvious. GLA as we close out the week.

candleman - that's one helluva great weather report! Very detailed and with a smiley to boot! U da man.

Enthusiast
    11-13-2009, 09:14 AM #17
    LXRX is on my watchlist and of course it moves and I'm not in on it. If I wasn't at work I'd start drinkin' right now. Oh well, double the reason to start when I get home though.
    Last edited by mrmertz; 11-13-2009 at 09:15 AM. Reason: No particular reason. I'm just bored right now.

Enthusiast
    11-13-2009, 09:42 AM #18
    OMG. For once an article at Motley I agree with.

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...sirius-xm.aspx

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    11-13-2009, 09:45 AM #19
    It's Friday the 13th!

Lots of great SIRI news today. I'm thinking that we'll touch 70 cents at one point or another today.

The storm has been GREAT here at the beach. Not a lot of wind....50 to 60 mph at the most. But very serious ocean overwash. Lots of roads closed. Houses falling into the surf! But, other than that just lovely......60 degrees and cloudy!

Guru
    11-13-2009, 11:45 AM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    No worries, The markets big green is just a head fake ... a big head fake but none the less it is unreasonable at this point. Siri will be just fine by next years end. Gotta be makin money first! Then the sky is the limit. Be patient.
    The week is ending quite positively on interesting news. You are an oracle LOL.

Page 2 of 4 1234