Page 4 of 5 ... 2345
    Enthusiast
    11-06-2009, 01:43 AM #31
    I understand you want to play the "glass is half full" song. It's not working for me. This company has been set up to be run by Mel and the other co-conspirators. They have the poison pill. 40 percent owned by Malone. Leaving it impossible to make any management changes. They have basically made themselves autonomous. They no longer answer to shareholders as they have eliminated them from having a voice. They cash out their options monthly. And I'm just looking for an exit point and then I'd be out for life. You can recite and recant historical facts, figures and BS forever. The story is bad. The ending if hopefully better. Take a younger executive to run this company with a true vision of how to run this company and you would see amazing things. Here we have about four generation gaps by a management team that couldn't work an ipod or utilize their new products. Let me know when you see one of them actually utilizes their product and it's features. The Buzz left Sirius years ago. And they haven't found another alternative. Charles please consider a new name. "Buzz Killer". Sirius XM.

How's the weather????????????????

Enthusiast
    11-06-2009, 02:37 AM #32
    Can somebody with a lot more knowledge than me (which should include everyone here - but me) chime in here...

November 5 - SIRI beats street expectations for Q3 report and that during a less than luke-warm economic climate and yet the stock at the end of the day can barely inch past .63 with volume above 83 million?

There was/is some sort of dynamic play going on here that I just don't understand. I was expecting better performance by way of a higher support range. I'm beginning to think the shorts are on to something - particularly with this stock.

Excuse me for saying so, but I obviously don't know shit from Shinola.

Enthusiast
    11-06-2009, 02:38 AM #33
    Oh yeah...weather here is in the mid to upper 80's. Supposed to drop into the 70's by the weekend.

Brrr.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    11-06-2009, 09:44 AM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
    Can somebody with a lot more knowledge than me (which should include everyone here - but me) chime in here...

November 5 - SIRI beats street expectations for Q3 report and that during a less than luke-warm economic climate and yet the stock at the end of the day can barely inch past .63 with volume above 83 million?

There was/is some sort of dynamic play going on here that I just don't understand. I was expecting better performance by way of a higher support range. I'm beginning to think the shorts are on to something - particularly with this stock.

Excuse me for saying so, but I obviously don't know shit from Shinola.
    Sirius is not that much different from any other company Mertz. We had a good report and the stock rose 5% or so. That is normal behavior. If IBM, APPLE, DELL, GE, CITI, GOOGLE, etc. have a 5% day, investors would be very happy.

Any of us that bought in 10 days ago in the low fifties have made 20% so far. Tradition suggests that the price should run up over the next week or so while buyers digest the news. We may see 70 or 75 cents a share in the next 10 days. That may be a good time to cash out and then buy back in when it drops back 10 cents. I have been doing this with SIRIUS for years and it has proven to be a very profitable strategy.

SoCal makes some valid points about managment. But, that doesn't detract from the fact that this is a traders stock and has been for years. So, there are two ways to look at SIRI stock. Buy and hold for a few years and don't pay attention to the monthly swing in prices. OR, buy it and trade it on a monthly basis and make yourself some quick money. Either way is a winning strategy!

And by the way. As for the weather here at the beach on the East Coast....it's cold a windy! Almost makes me want to live in Michigan....

Guru
    11-06-2009, 10:16 AM #35
    Giving it all back today, and maybe then some. Can't win with this piece of $hit

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    11-06-2009, 10:19 AM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Giving it all back today, and maybe then some. Can't win with this piece of $hit
    The whole market is going to be down today because of the jobs data, and it's Friday. That makes it a nice day to buy more SIRI and let it rise next week.

Addict
    11-06-2009, 10:56 AM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    I understand you want to play the "glass is half full" song. It's not working for me. This company has been set up to be run by Mel and the other co-conspirators. They have the poison pill. 40 percent owned by Malone. Leaving it impossible to make any management changes. They have basically made themselves autonomous. They no longer answer to shareholders as they have eliminated them from having a voice. They cash out their options monthly. And I'm just looking for an exit point and then I'd be out for life. You can recite and recant historical facts, figures and BS forever. The story is bad. The ending if hopefully better. Take a younger executive to run this company with a true vision of how to run this company and you would see amazing things. Here we have about four generation gaps by a management team that couldn't work an ipod or utilize their new products. Let me know when you see one of them actually utilizes their product and it's features. The Buzz left Sirius years ago. And they haven't found another alternative. Charles please consider a new name. "Buzz Killer". Sirius XM.

How's the weather????????????????
    All big company management is insulated from shareholders, unless a shareholder has a very large amount of stock to influence BOD seats. Organizing enough shareholders who have large holdings to vote out Board members, and thus change CEO, is not easy. This is why we have all the problems in American public companies, across the board. The BOD members are in incestuous relationships with each other's companies, despite new rules since Enron. Mel has actually done a good job in righting this ship. But, the massive debt is still around, and will be for a while. I do believe the SP will beat $1 soon, assumimng Q4 is better than Q3, which is expected.

Enthusiast
    11-06-2009, 01:03 PM #38
    Thanks for the feedback candleman! Appreciate it. What you suggested is what I was more or less planning until Q4 comes around. Looking back now I should have had a trailing stop at yesterdays open but hindsight is always 20/20.

Just some brainstorming here for everyone (this will show my ignorance too)...

Now, with the groundwork (apparently) being laid for a good Q4, does anybody have any bets on when any upgrades might hit the wires? Anytime before Q4? Or will they wait it out until after Q4 to see more positives results? Or a mix of both?

November 15th is the start of this SIRI marketing blitz thingy. Hopefully the costs will be outstripped by additional subs. Traditionally SIRI I think has been asleep at the switch in this department so this would be refreshing. Just my 2 cents.

I wish you could post a poll in here. Mine would be; $1/share before Q4,
    $1/share right after Q4 or $1/share after R/S. I'd take $1 after Q4 but the question would be could it find support over $1. How long does a stock have to remain above $1.00 to avoid de-listing?

74.1 degrees under sunny skies.

Enthusiast
    11-06-2009, 04:00 PM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
    How long does a stock have to remain above $1.00 to avoid de-listing?
    Ten trading days.

Guru
    11-06-2009, 05:08 PM #40
    Only closed 4/10th's of a cent down. Not too bad.

So now what? One day after the 3rd quarter conference call, and we're waiting for the 4th quarter CC.

Well, I suppose we'll witness this advertising campaign. Should be interesting.

In December, SIRI should use cash to pay $80MM or so of debt off. That should be newsworthy.

Subs absolutely have to increase. You heard Mel. 70 cents of every dollar of subs goes to the bottom line.

Would love to see some "synergies" with DTV come out.

Page 4 of 5 ... 2345