Page 3 of 5 12345
    11-05-2009, 11:33 AM #21
    I'm glad to see some good news on the SIRI front too but, the thing that I'm wondering about is, why would Mel want to get an extension from the NASDAQ to buy more time unless he doesn't think SIRI can get to $1 by March 10th. lol Kinda confused on that one. I guess he's playing it safe just in case the market does indeed go lower, because he figures SIRI probably won't hit a buck anyway if that happens.

Addict
    11-05-2009, 11:38 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by S50Fan View Post
    I'm glad to see some good news on the SIRI front too but, the thing that I'm wondering about is, why would Mel want to get an extension from the NASDAQ to buy more time unless he doesn't think SIRI can get to $1 by March 10th. lol Kinda confused on that one. I guess he's playing it safe just in case the market does indeed go lower, because he figures SIRI probably won't hit a buck anyway if that happens.
    It's the prudent thing to do. Work on two parallel tracks: do the right things to grow stock price via good biz management, while at the same time, work on the legal/regulatory front to hedge your bet on the $1 SP requirement. He would be doing the WRONG thing if he did nothing on the NASDAQ front. No one can accurately predict with 100% certainty that the SP will clear the $1 hurdle by the deadline for delist, so, try to get the waiver or the rule changed while moving the ball forward on the biz front. Good strategy.

Enthusiast
    11-05-2009, 11:50 AM #23
    Agreed.

I just look at it like an insurance policy. It's the old adage "People don't plan to fail - they fail to plan".

Now all we need to get is some "buy" reccomendations from some big boys between now and the Q4 report.

Guru
    11-05-2009, 12:20 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
    Agreed.

I just look at it like an insurance policy. It's the old adage "People don't plan to fail - they fail to plan".

Now all we need to get is some "buy" reccomendations from some big boys between now and the Q4 report.
    I'll triple that. You can't control investors or sentiment, but you may have some say in the rules. I wouldn't read into it that Mel doesn't believe in SIRI.

11-05-2009, 02:43 PM #25
    After finally watching the segment on CNBC I hope that Mel gets things reworked with NASDAQ because of the market cap of SIRI. Like he was implying, SIRI has a very high market cap compared to stocks under $1, and that should also be a factor for them to look at to extend the deadline, not just because the stock is under $1.

Enthusiast
    11-05-2009, 03:23 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    We'll break a buck this year. Once analysts start covering and issuing upgrades, then the big $ funds jump in, and voila....over a $1. It will happen soon.
    I like your optimism and I hope you are correct!

Enthusiast
    11-05-2009, 04:18 PM #27
    That's what I'm waiting for now. The upgrades.

During the past hour though the profits are evaporating. Did the Fool post another neg spin article? Or theStreet.com?

11-05-2009, 06:07 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
    Has anybody else read the Q3 report yet but me? Oh well...

Why am I the only one in here with pom-poms?

My arms are getting tired...

BRB, have to do some work at work now. I'll continuw talking to myself later.

(Like the smiley's, Julie?)

I sure do mrm.

You're doing a great job. Look at all the posts today.

Julie

P.S. We are allowed four smileys per post.

I have learned to take full advantage of that.

Enthusiast
    11-05-2009, 07:59 PM #29
    No love to Mel here. Heard it all before. Heard the excuses before. Officers cashing out their options monthly and yet nothing for the shareholder. Stock price has done zero for 16 months but decline what 500%. I have no other measurement for success than closing share price. .63.

Put me down as "Unimpressed". Blow smoke up others asses all you want. My butt plug is "In".

11-05-2009, 09:30 PM #30
    I'm not a real big fan of Mel either but the thing is, this stock is in the position like it was 6 years ago when Apollo bailed them out and refinanced the debt. It actually has more potential this time though than all the hype for nothing like it did then.

As far as the share price being down 500% or whatever, SIRI is actually up over it's 52 week high from last year at this time by about double. Look at the chart, it was .26 last Nov. 5th.

You have to start from the Liberty Media bailout below .15 or whatever it was, just like the Apollo bailout at .38 was the beginning back then. I was part of the first SIRI buyers after Apollo way back then at .74, let's see if they can get it right this time. LOL So far not to bad, I only wish I had a shit load of shares from when it was .26 last Nov. 5th.