Page 17 of 30 ... 7151617181927 ...
    Mentor
    11-09-2009, 06:08 PM #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Lol, all of my stocks were up or even except for QASP. But my account lagged (down), cause of those residual option plays - the halves that I didn't sell on the strangles, they are all next to worthless, so I'm down a whopping $46.50 in my main account.
    LT -

I posted this the same time you posted... it wasn't a response to your post! I didn't see it.

But also, if you want to stop some of the pain, maybe consider getting out of what you consider the absolute worst stock in your portfolio (or maybe half of it), and just see if you feel better. If you do, then consider taking out the other half, or maybe half of another. A lot of traders will take profits on the stocks they are up in, and hold the worst ones until they break even... From my experience - take DKAM for example - that isn't always the best choice... Trading shouldn't be excessively painful. Frustrating at times, yes, but ultrapainful, no...

11-09-2009, 09:20 PM #162
    SPNG

hey folks...

I thought that I would give you guys, and Julie, Too, a bit of a head's up. The stuff's about to hit the fan @ Spongetech & I expect to see some major changes very soon!

Yes, that's right, I sent them a scathing email today. My expectation is that it's going straight to the CEO for action!

reposted HERE for your benefit ;-)

Subject: Investor Relations
    Message: Hey Spongetech... Your "Management Philosophy" states that the company is against bringing a product to market that is harmful to the public. Well, how about instituting a philosophy of "Not Harming The Investors". I mean, really, we're losing are shirts with you guys. Why the heck don't you guys just file the darn 10K, already!?!? What you are doing is NOT cool. Sincerely, Ramsey

So, yeah, you folks just sit back and let me handle these guys...

Mentor
    11-09-2009, 10:59 PM #163
    Ramsey

We got your back...if they send out the goons...pack your shirt and shorts with spongebob sponges...the clubs will bounce right off!

Mentor
    11-09-2009, 11:16 PM #164
    Hey Guys and Julie too,

What's your take on this one? Chartwise, support is really clear.
    NPWZ
    http://www.neahpower.com/company.html

Trading under a buck right now...

Mentor
    11-10-2009, 12:14 AM #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    SPNG

hey folks...

I thought that I would give you guys, and Julie, Too, a bit of a head's up. The stuff's about to hit the fan @ Spongetech & I expect to see some major changes very soon!

Yes, that's right, I sent them a scathing email today. My expectation is that it's going straight to the CEO for action!

reposted HERE for your benefit ;-)

Subject: Investor Relations
    Message: Hey Spongetech... Your "Management Philosophy" states that the company is against bringing a product to market that is harmful to the public. Well, how about instituting a philosophy of "Not Harming The Investors". I mean, really, we're losing are shirts with you guys. Why the heck don't you guys just file the darn 10K, already!?!? What you are doing is NOT cool. Sincerely, Ramsey

So, yeah, you folks just sit back and let me handle these guys...
    Just how late is that thing anyway???

11-10-2009, 12:23 AM #166
    Ramsey... thanks for all you do... i'm in for 750k shares and i don't know what i'd do if not for this site... i'm down and in @ .14 a share... i've got a chunk tied up in this...oh well i could be wasting my money on Siri

Guru
    11-10-2009, 02:18 PM #167
    Wow, this morning is a real thriller! I am glad that I have a couple of appointments today.

The whole market is going up....and my stocks are all going down....sinking...like a torpedoed ship in the ocean.

I don't know what to say....except that "time" may help. A couple 50 gallon drums of pixie dust might help also.

Mentor
    11-10-2009, 04:25 PM #168
    It's a mixed bag for me... the big boards are mixed for sure, and my 2 gold stocks are mixed, but, I finally scored on one of my option plays. I'm was still kicking myself for that big loss that I took on the FSLR option play - where I only bought one of the options - the call, and not the call and the put... where I picked wrong. That cost me a bit. The rest of them - look at my ticker list - were basically even on stock price, but I lost on the extra premium due to the earnings reports. It was pretty tough to go in one more set, but I saw that if you hit one, it really pays, so I gave it one more shot on priceline. Bought the call and the put... just sold the call for 570% profit. The put is down 95%. So basically for every ~$500 you put down on a contract pair, you profit ~$1000 or 200%. You need a stomach though. This likely puts me at a total breakeven, but if I didn't get greedy on the FSLR play, I'd be in big profit... and huge if I had the time to take the AMZN play, and would have taken FSYS over MGM the other day. Next season though... I'm also sticking with the stocks I that I know play a little better, the techs are basically the good ones..

Mentor
    11-10-2009, 04:30 PM #169
    Also, if anyone is crazy enough to do it, waiting for the power hour for your sell is pretty key, I had a scratch on GRMN cause I woke up at 10 am, and sold the winner of the pair for breakeven, then it went well into the profit zone later. I sold the PCLN one just before power hour to ensure I got my money, but now it's powering up. Making ~$1100-1150 for the pair... the put is so worthless that it's going from $10 to $5, during the power hour, but the call went up another $100-150.

Mentor
    11-10-2009, 04:42 PM #170
    I guess my lesson there is, it's better off for me to play by the rules than get greedy!

Ok - I'm shutting out QASP for sure today. It's below my line in the sand. Good luck to you guys. If it does head lower, look for the bounce at an even 0.01, same for BEHL. BEHL has a little rally going today, another up day tomorrow would be really good.

Page 17 of 30 ... 7151617181927 ...