Page 25 of 39 ... 15232425262735 ...
    10-15-2009, 08:17 AM #241
    Good morning Market Watch gang,

Bill, thanks for the great track story. There sure are a lot of wonderful storytellers here! It's nice to take a break and read all the various
    life experiences. For guys, you sure are an interesting bunch.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Julie

Mentor
    10-15-2009, 08:31 AM #242
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    You know that you can only get slapped in the head with a 2x4 so many times before you start to try and figure out what in the hell is going on. Even a dog will just lay down and piss after a while. Everybody and everything has to win once in a while for confidence.

I used to love (and would still love to) go to the horse races. To me that is an absolute rush. The first time that I went, I thought it was the most boring thing that I had ever been to, because I was ready to slap money down every 5 minutes...but the races ran every 45 minutes. I didn't have a mentor, so over a period of time I got to meet some trackie friends and we would meet on Saturdays and Sundays for the race day.

Well, my track buddies taught me how to handicap horses (no, not by breaking their knees). They gave me the basics and then I got some books and took it from there. Well, low and behold, I barely had enough time in between races to get to the window to make a bet. Sometimes we would carry each others' bets to make up for time lost. We would send somebody else for the hot dogs and beer ...and so on.

Well, after a period of time, you get a pretty good idea of who is hanging out at the races and how well they are doing. Everybody has their eyes on everybody that matters. Small players..big players...it doesn't matter, just as long as you are familiar and/or a regular.

Well, I used to keep my eyes on this one Chinese guy. He dressed very nicely in a suit...had slicked back hair (was either a businessman or a gangster) and carried WADS of money. I never saw him lose. I used to get behind him to read his racing form if he flashed it. I mean this guy went to the $100 tote window and picked up stacks of money.

After a while, he became aware of me. He would really hide his racing form from me and it was really uncomfortable. I finally got to the point where I could ask him a couple questions and he would tell me what to do...and I made money every time, but that was close as it got.

I actually had status at Long Acres in Seattle. I had it made. I would drive through the toll booth for free (I had a special pass) and then about 20 feet more and then the parking attendants would lift up the rope for me and I would park my car in the very first lot with the officials and owners. All of the other people would drive half way to Oregon to get a parking place. I always offered the guys food and lemonade or tea for the next week, but they wouldn't take it. The parking attendants would give me their employee passes and I would carry money in for them for certain races. They would give me all of the tips from the jockeys that they talked to. Everything was free for me...drinks..you name it, except the races. It was a good time. My dad used to say, "That is the only place that a guy goes to make an ass out of himself, chasing a horse's ass and loving it."

Anyway...it was fun...DAMN! The stories never end, sportsfans! Do I qualify for Nurtisystem?
    Good stuff Bill. Good underlying lesson and good morning!

Good grief .. good luck ... it's all good ...

Mentor
    10-15-2009, 08:33 AM #243
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good morning Market Watch gang,

Bill, thanks for the great track story. There sure are a lot of wonderful storytellers here! It's nice to take a break and read all the various
    life experiences. For guys, you sure are an interesting bunch.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Julie
    Good morning Julie also (too)

10-15-2009, 08:55 AM #244
    Good morning to all. Question to start the day...looking at the streaming quotes on Scotty and behl has some premarket action, the ask is .039 and the bid is .03, with this info what is likely to be the opening pps? What did the premarket trade execute at?

10-15-2009, 08:58 AM #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Hey Geek. They are trading on the grey market right now, I guess it's kind of the underworld of the netherworld. They get up when they feel like it to trade. I did put a GTC order for a nice fat fingered penny out there (same with EVFL) ... Figured why not, must have been bored or annoyed that day.

We are shadowing each other so closely on our prices it's uncanny or we're just really exceptionally bad at this ... But I am a hopeful sort even if the patience thing is like water-boarding, we may yet look like geniuses for hanging in there ...
    Do you use Scotty? I put a GTC order in @ .001 a week ago and it was cancelled yesterday. Is your order still open? I knoew it was on the greys but something must of happened.

Addict
    10-15-2009, 09:16 AM #246
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post
    Good morning to all. Question to start the day...looking at the streaming quotes on Scotty and behl has some premarket action, the ask is .039 and the bid is .03, with this info what is likely to be the opening pps? What did the premarket trade execute at?
    Its been awhile since I've felt able to say this, but...GO BEHL!!

I really want this company to do well. I think it's got a great product that can really do some good in the world. Unfortunately, the stock has been getting beat down lately. I hope this turns it around.

The wide spread concerns me tho. I think that .039 may sell, but it will drop after that. If you're trading this one, have your finger on the trigger today.

Addict
    10-15-2009, 09:21 AM #247
    Bill, I see the ask on MPPC is .005.
    Is that you? If so, I hope it fills for you.

10-15-2009, 09:25 AM #248
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Its been awhile since I've felt able to say this, but...GO BEHL!!

I really want this company to do well. I think it's got a great product that can really do some good in the world. Unfortunately, the stock has been getting beat down lately. I hope this turns it around.

The wide spread concerns me tho. I think that .039 may sell, but it will drop after that. If you're trading this one, have your finger on the trigger today.
    Good call shots, it looks like someone slapped the ask and now the ask is .038!

Guru
    10-15-2009, 09:30 AM #249
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Bill, I own this. It's not been one of my better investments...LOL

Could you explain why you think it might be a good one. The price is low now and if it is going to turn it may be a good one.
    I am just saying to keep an eye on it and if the MACD crosses over or starts to cross over, then it might make a really nice buy. The chart looks pretty fair for recovery at this point. Maybe not, but it could be fruitful here in a short time.

Guru
    10-15-2009, 09:33 AM #250
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Bill, I see the ask on MPPC is .005.
    Is that you? If so, I hope it fills for you.
    Great, lol. That reminds me of the college kid who writes home:

"No Mon, No fun, Your Son"

and the Dad writes back.

"Too bad, So sad, Your Dad".

I am out of money at the moment. Darn it. We can see how the day plays out.

Thanks for the great tip! I appreciate them.

Page 25 of 39 ... 15232425262735 ...