Page 31 of 63 ... 21293031323341 ...
    Guru
    09-30-2009, 09:26 AM #301
    Universal Detection Technology’s Border & Zone Security Systems Partner Nominated as a Semi-Finalist in European Global Sec...
    Date : 09/30/2009 @ 4:00AM
    Source : Business Wire
    Stock : Universal Detection Technology (UNDT)
    Quote : 0.01 0.0 (0.00%) @ 9:22AM

Universal Detection Technology’s Border & Zone Security Systems Partner Nominated as a Semi-Finalist in European Global Sec...

Universal Detection Technology (www.udetection.com) (OTCBB: UNDT), a developer of early-warning monitoring technologies to protect people from bioterrorism and other infectious health threats and provider of counter-terrorism consulting and training services, reported today that its partner in the development of border and zone security sensors, Precision Sensors Instrumentation (PSI), has been nominated as a semi-finalist in the 2009 European Global Security Challenge.

The Global Security Challenge (GSC) is a central hub for security innovators, startups and investors that hosts events around the globe. The GSC aims to empower entrepreneurs in the security technology space and run the leading business plan competitions to find the most promising security and defense startups in the world. In 2009, PSI submitted a proposal for its Passive and Remote Border Security Control System to the GSC European competition, and it was chosen out of several hundred as one of the semifinalists.

PSI adapted one of today’s most sensitive seismic sensors into an ultra-sensitive position sensor. The sensor remotely detects intruders into a security zone by detecting the unique seismic signature they produce either on foot or by vehicles. The sensor is also designed to be totally passive and undetectable and can function without the need of line of sight visibility. The sensor can optimally be used for border protection or the physical security of a perimeter such as an army base or a port.

The U.S. Border & Perimeter protection market is expected to be one of the fastest growing market segments in Homeland Security. According to Homeland Security Research Corp’s (HSRC) landmark research, 2007-2011 U.S. Homeland Security (Government & Private Sectors) Market Outlook, this market is expected to accumulate to $13.9B between 2007 and 2011. The market demand is composed of both Government and Private sectors, with the majority of the growth coming from the Federal Government.

“The nomination from the European Global Security Challenge is the second time PSI’s technology has garnered international recognition,” said Mr. Jacques Tizabi, UNDT's Chief Executive Officer. "PSI’s Passive and Remote Border Security Control System is one of the most sensitive in the market," he added.

More information regarding UNDT can be found at www.udetection.com or via email at info@udetection.com.

About Universal Detection Technology

Universal Detection Technology is a developer of monitoring technologies, including bioterrorism detection devices. The Company on its own and with development partners is positioned to capitalize on opportunities related to Homeland Security. For example, the Company, in cooperation with NASA, has developed a bacterial spore detector that detects certain biohazard substances. The Company is also a reseller of handheld assays used for detection of five bioterrorism agents, radiation detection systems, and antimicrobial products. For more information, please visit www.udetection.com.

Forward-Looking Statements

Except for historical information contained herein, the statements in this news release are forward-looking statements that involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which may cause the Company's actual results, performance and achievement in the future to differ materially from forecasted results, performance, and achievement. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly release the result of any revisions to these forward-looking statements that may be made to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof, or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events or changes in the Company's plans or expectations.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-30-2009, 09:55 AM #302
    My oh my, this is a pretty ugly start to the day! The big board is down over 1%.

I was able to pick up more GSAE at .88

Both GSAE and UNDT have dropped considerably this morning. But, then again, what hasn't????

Guru
    09-30-2009, 10:00 AM #303
    I was just watching GSAE and it took a fine dip on a sell off. It is worth keeping an eye on. I am still watching UNDT.

Mentor
    09-30-2009, 10:02 AM #304
    Get this, there is not ONE stock on the DOW 30 that is trading in positive territory.

This is the day to play the pennies.

Mentor
    09-30-2009, 10:04 AM #305
    UNDT is trading with really high volume.

I was able to pick up the gold stock PMU today.

09-30-2009, 10:08 AM #306

A s f x

Morning there good peoples . Just wanted to mention this one again , it is getting legs . Might want to watch it closely.

Guru
    09-30-2009, 10:09 AM #307

Gsae

I just picked up some GSAE @ .85. So when do the dividends come out?

That is the most expensive stock I have bought in a long time, lol! I don't know where it is going, but hopefully up again. It took a dive this morning.
    Last edited by billhart22; 09-30-2009 at 10:17 AM.

Guru
    09-30-2009, 10:14 AM #308
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    Morning there good peoples . Just wanted to mention this one again , it is getting legs . Might want to watch it closely.
    BTR....Good eye! These all get the early morning surges then pull back. Just about every single stock. Selling them in the morning, while they are climbing, is the best time.

09-30-2009, 10:19 AM #309
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    BTR....Good eye! These all get the early morning surges then pull back. Just about every single stock. Selling them in the morning, while they are climbing, is the best time.
    Actually I am in for the long haul on this one with 1MM shares .......
    Up over 20K just this week. California bill due to be signed in early october could make this a double from where it is trading today.

Guru
    09-30-2009, 10:23 AM #310
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    Actually I am in for the long haul on this one with 1MM shares .......
    Up over 20K just this week. California bill due to be signed in early october could make this a double from where it is trading today.
    Outstanding! You are making a killing with this one. There are others in here that have ASFX. What is that bill all about? I haven't looked at the stock myself other than a chart or two.

Page 31 of 63 ... 21293031323341 ...