Page 24 of 63 ... 14222324252634 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-29-2009, 03:49 PM #231
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Here is one that you have never heard (I bet).

I called up Scottrade and told them I wanted to buy a bunch of NBVG. They told me that it was on the restricted clearing list (I knew that all ready). I asked them if they could hook me up with the stock and they told me NO.

I asked why and they told me that the stock price is too low and that it is a company that makes liquid products, so there is an extra fee...so nobody can buy it right now. It doesn't make the transaction worthwhile to them.
    A company that makes liquid products, so there is an extra fee ???? Yes Bill, that is a new one on me.

But, this is my thought on the stock itself.

There are an awful lot of bottled water products out there. It must be really hard to get shelf space in the stores for another new brand. AND, many of us no longer buy bottled water at all because of the waste of plastic. It's just better for the environment to use refillable containers.

I think a great product to develop and invest in would be powdered additives that people can just mix in with tap water to give them that bottled water experience. And then we'd be helping the solid waste and recycling problem too.

Mentor
    09-29-2009, 03:52 PM #232
    Here is one that you have never heard (I bet).

I called up Scottrade and told them I wanted to buy a bunch of NBVG. They told me that it was on the restricted clearing list (I knew that all ready). I asked them if they could hook me up with the stock and they told me NO.

I asked why and they told me that the stock price is too low and that it is a company that makes liquid products, so there is an extra fee...so nobody can buy it right now. It doesn't make the transaction worthwhile to them.
    LOL ... Bill, call them back and ask them if oil is a liquid or a solid ... ?

What in the world does that have to do with anything? I am cracking up over here !!!

09-29-2009, 03:52 PM #233
    Whats up with Qasp?? They must have only bought back 5,000 shares

Mentor
    09-29-2009, 04:00 PM #234
    Quote Originally Posted by notwal View Post
    I don't know, but all my warm fuzzies are clamoring for jackets now ...

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-29-2009, 04:00 PM #235
    Quote Originally Posted by notwal View Post
    QASP just surprised the hell out of me.

I put an order in very early today for 100K shares at .0199. I didn't really think it would fill, but sure enough it just did!

09-29-2009, 04:01 PM #236
    What is up with BEHL? Just curious.... There is a good PR and it goes down again. Any ideas? It's funny, I was just typing this while Sandy posted his post, lol.
    I know they put out too many pr's, but that wasn't a bad one IMO. Looks like they are taking the product to market in alot of directions instead of just biofuel and they actually gave info for partnerships and the $ amounts they get/expect. Actual revenue shouldn't be bad news, I know it's not alot of cash but making money is making money.

09-29-2009, 04:01 PM #237
    UPDATE:

Apparently, going to the company's website & 'mad-dogging' the screen will effect movement as much as zero point zero zero two

You ALL might would get onboard with the program -- send a SASE to my PO Box & I'll forward you my latest newsletter.

***don't forget to include $4.95 for handling***

Love,

Me.

Mentor
    09-29-2009, 04:03 PM #238

Qasp

Ah, here you go.

Truth in advertising ... ?

Posted by: pgeist Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:54:51 PM
    In reply to: locksmith123 who wrote msg# 33523 Post # of 33530

Company BUYING comes through on the ticker as SELLS. This is like reading a special ed message board. People need to relax. This is NOT A FLIP stock.

09-29-2009, 04:04 PM #239
    Wow, scottrade lists the last tick for SPNGE @.72. Somebody pick Romo off the floor!!
    Last edited by atmgeek1; 09-29-2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: nevermind, they just fixed it

Guru
    09-29-2009, 04:04 PM #240
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    A company that makes liquid products, so there is an extra fee ???? Yes Bill, that is a new one on me.

But, this is my thought on the stock itself.

There are an awful lot of bottled water products out there. It must be really hard to get shelf space in the stores for another new brand. AND, many of us no longer buy bottled water at all because of the waste of plastic. It's just better for the environment to use refillable containers.

I think a great product to develop and invest in would be powdered additives that people can just mix in with tap water to give them that bottled water experience. And then we'd be helping the solid waste and recycling problem too.
    I use refillable water bottles, unless I have no choice, mainly because the regular ones are toxic and take two centuries to break down. I am an environmentally conscious person, but I am not a greenie weenie by any shape or form. I am very particular about what I eat though. I am an organic freak, and only eat fish other than a vegetarian diet and turkey once in a while. Well, it's time to see what Neil Cavuto and then Glenn Beck have to say for the day.

I will try and find some more hot stocks and put my orders in tonight. I will post them and will be posting while I am fooling around watching T.V..

Page 24 of 63 ... 14222324252634 ...