Page 29 of 63 ... 19272829303139 ...
    Mentor
    09-29-2009, 11:35 PM #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    QASP and BCLE before I can do any real trading. I sold my ASFX the first time it ran to .028 for a nice 2 1/2 bagger and thought about buying it back, but went instead with SPNGE at .0925 before the news broke on them pulling their investment from GetFUGU short of 1.725m , then it crashed...so now Im waiting on that as well.

Im still real green on BEHL, up about 2000% still!!! Am I being greedy?, probably, but Im not ready to take the short term capital gains hit quite yet and may hold for the long term capital gain this spring.

Not giviing up on QASP quite yet! I think this will be more of a medium to long term hold for me...I hold 411K shares and when it starts to run I may shave off a little every now and then to fund other positions.

Im about ready to call it quits with BCLE, I did shave 50K of my 200K shares to fund my last buy of QASP @ .02. I will probably continue to shave it down if Im looking to get into something quick.

SIRI....well I still hold over 21K shares at an average of .12, I should be swing trading this thing, but again I havent wanted to take the tax hit on it.

Just following my gut and all of your thoughts on all of them, I just havent found the time to read up on charts.

Maybe things will slow down soon with winter on its way!!!

Good luck all.....

Oh....I posted a few days ago that we were expecting a treat from way, way up North...Anyone care to take a guess what this is?

First one to guess right, (be specific, looking for the proper "Native word" for this). well get some of this......

Andy
    In california, the sushi restaurants came up with the California Roll, these are Texas Nigiri.

Mentor
    09-30-2009, 12:13 AM #282
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    It's Whale blubber! Blubber= maktak (muk tuk) flammablel

If I didn't know better though, I would say it is arm rests out of your Jeep! lol
    LOL!!

This morning I said it was hash ...

Oh, 'native', very well then hashish ...

Guru
    09-30-2009, 12:26 AM #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    LOL!!

This morning I said it was hash ...

Oh, 'native', very well then hashish ...
    Black Nepalese Tar Hash, or Black tar gum Pakistani Opium on sponges (for shipment). It really does look like armrests with the upholstery torn off of them.

Ah...like I said...it is Whale Blubber! Mak Tak! If I lived way up "North in Alaska", I would be eating that every chance I had. It is the most incredible health food in the world. Nothing is better for a person. That is why Native Alaskans just don't have heart disease until they start eating regular American food, then all hell breaks loose. American food and alcohol is a demise of Native Alaskans. It is a real shame that they have to come into contact with our poisons from the lower 48. (So much for my political statement, but I mean it).

I have never eaten blubber, but I sure would. I don't know what it takes to get used to it. I managed to master Scotch when I was younger...I think I could handle blubber, lol.

Guru
    09-30-2009, 12:42 AM #284

Hey Andy

If you get a lot of Salmon eggs, I will pay you to ship them to me. I love them raw and eat them quite often. I make some ass killing sushi with them. A piece of seaweed, a little rice and then an inch of roe. I also love sea eel, but that isn't native to Alaska to my knowledge.

If you get a lot of eggs, and if you don't want to keep them, just ship them down and I will pay you for your effort, the eggs and time. That is only fair.

You know years ago, when I lived in Wyoming, I owned a couple of apartments and a house. Well, in one of my apartments I had a biker who was a fish biologist. He loved to fish and he always would bring home coolers full of big ass trout. I had him show me how he did it.

He would take a nylon stocking and cut 3-4 inch squares out of it and then fill it with eggs and tie the top to contain them. He would then put a couple of hooks through the bait...and blammo! Fish after fish...He would make a little bag of eggs and attach a couple or three on a line. If somebody was coming he would just cut the line and let it all go down stream.

I have done that a lot of times since and have never come up short..Fresh eggs are the optimum, because they have the real local area fresh smell on them. Eggs in a jar from a bait place are lame unless they are local.

09-30-2009, 01:50 AM #285
    hey Bill
    sorry about my absense..I have been working trying to get ahead of winter
    ..and losing plenty doing it....lol

Guru
    09-30-2009, 01:59 AM #286
    Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    hey Bill
    sorry about my absense..I have been working trying to get ahead of winter
    ..and losing plenty doing it....lol
    No prob, great to hear from you! Running a ranch is hard stuff, especially before the winter. I am so up and down on stocks now that it is incredible. I am finally learning how to pick the real winners. I have a ton invested in some one common stock with you and it is not coming to fruition. I will wait though ( I am sure you know which one it is ). Anyway, call me anytime and it is great hearing from you ...Please email me your phone number again. I talked with Tony the other night. What a great guy! He is so pleasant.

Hook up with me...PM or email would be cool.

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 09-30-2009 at 02:02 AM.

09-30-2009, 02:03 AM #287
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    It's Whale blubber! Blubber= maktak (muk tuk) flammablel

If I didn't know better though, I would say it is arm rests out of your Jeep! lol
    Hey Bill,

As with your Stockpicks, your were spot on right again!!!! It is Muktuk, which is the skin and blubber of the bowhead whale.

Romo, its definatley has spngelike qualities and for the Alaska Natives of the north, its much like candy...a treat...and they get to enjoy it only during certain times of the year.

Just Sirius...yes it is the biggest ass fish in the sea!!!!

This muktuk came from 1 of 4 bowhead whales that were taken the other day during the opening day of the Fall Whale hunting season. Another 2 were landed yesterday!!! The town is buzzing right now in excitement, there have been some years that the Fall storms have kept the whaling crews at home, missing the whales migration south.

When I was growing up there, there was only one season, and that was during the spring. The natives hunted them the traditional way, camped along open water, called leads in the icepack and hunting them in skin boats...They crewed a boat of about 8-10 men, row using oars and are armed with a harpoon gun with a explosive tip. It used to be that they were only allowed a few whales a year, but with sound management, they have been allowed to take many more over the years. Each coastal village who traditionally hunted whales is given a quota to take whales, hunting them in the spring or the fall.

My sister, who is living in Barrow, was able to get her hands on about a gallon of fresh muktuk..it appears to be from a very young whale as it is very soft to the touch. It is boiling right now in a big pot, Im making unalik which is boiled muktuk. I will also eat it raw and frozen, but this is too fresh to pass up. The black skin tastes alot like lobster with the blubber giving it a real buttery taste. Raw and frozen is great, especially when you need that JOLT of energy when your out in the country...it will warm you up real quick!!!!!

So I guess Bill is the winner!!!! A package will be on the way soon!!!! I might have some eggs for you, I need to finish up another 8 reds sitting whole in the freezer...if theres eggs in them, there yours!!!!

Ramsey, LT, Just Sirius and Romo a consolidation prize for you too, PM me your address. Heck, anyone who wants to sample my jarred smoked salmon, PM me your address and I will get some out to you.

Ramsey.....as you can see...I need to hone the writing skills if i were to start blogging this stuff....

09-30-2009, 02:04 AM #288
    Yes, you're correct, Julie. I greatly appreciate that you have taken the time to provide guidance. In the future, I will be more aware and attentive. Frankly, I don't know what I was thinking. I will make more of an effort from here on...again, thank you for helping me to become better.

Oh yeah...she said fine

Ramsey

Did she say fine or did she say FINE!! There is a difference you know.
    Although I don't know why I'm telling you guys anything.

Julie[/QUOTE]

09-30-2009, 02:09 AM #289
    Are you kidding?!? -- You are one of the relative few that I hang on every word! Dude...you're like my hero -- come time for the next costume party, forget Superman - I'm going as "Andy The Alaska Guy"

As for the tasty treats...and how!

Rams

Ramsey.....as you can see...I need to hone the writing skills if i were to start blogging this stuff....

Guru
    09-30-2009, 02:12 AM #290
    Hey Bill,

As with your Stockpicks, your were spot on right again!!!! It is Muktuk, which is the skin and blubber of the bowhead whale.

Romo, its definatley has spngelike qualities and for the Alaska Natives of the north, its much like candy...a treat...and they get to enjoy it only during certain times of the year.

Just Sirius...yes it is the biggest ass fish in the sea!!!!

This muktuk came from 1 of 4 bowhead whales that were taken the other day during the opening day of the Fall Whale hunting season. Another 2 were landed yesterday!!! The town is buzzing right now in excitement, there have been some years that the Fall storms have kept the whaling crews at home, missing the whales migration south.

When I was growing up there, there was only one season, and that was during the spring. The natives hunted them the traditional way, camped along open water, called leads in the icepack and hunting them in skin boats...They crewed a boat of about 8-10 men, row using oars and are armed with a harpoon gun with a explosive tip. It used to be that they were only allowed a few whales a year, but with sound management, they have been allowed to take many more over the years. Each coastal village who traditionally hunted whales is given a quota to take whales, hunting them in the spring or the fall.

My sister, who is living in Barrow, was able to get her hands on about a gallon of fresh muktuk..it appears to be from a very young whale as it is very soft to the touch. It is boiling right now in a big pot, Im making unalik which is boiled muktuk. I will also eat it raw and frozen, but this is too fresh to pass up. The black skin tastes alot like lobster with the blubber giving it a real buttery taste. Raw and frozen is great, especially when you need that JOLT of energy when your out in the country...it will warm you up real quick!!!!!

So I guess Bill is the winner!!!! A package will be on the way soon!!!! I might have some eggs for you, I need to finish up another 8 reds sitting whole in the freezer...if theres eggs in them, there yours!!!!

Ramsey, LT, Just Sirius and Romo a consolidation prize for you too, PM me your address. Heck, anyone who wants to sample my jarred smoked salmon, PM me your address and I will get some out to you.

Andy,

If you like real grass fed, organic Buffalo, let me know..I will send some to you and your family. I would love to. Please let me know.

Page 29 of 63 ... 19272829303139 ...