Page 7 of 11 ... 56789 ...
    09-24-2009, 08:30 AM #61

GM plant - Fairfax started OT monday

Just learned from my cousin who works at Fairfax that they started OT this last monday. Their schedule is 2 weeks of 5 - 10 hour days, then 1 week of 4 - 10 hour days. Then repeat. He also confirmed a 3rd shift is starting there in January.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-24-2009, 08:47 AM #62
    Quote Originally Posted by aosborn View Post
    Just learned from my cousin who works at Fairfax that they started OT this last monday. Their schedule is 2 weeks of 5 - 10 hour days, then 1 week of 4 - 10 hour days. Then repeat. He also confirmed a 3rd shift is starting there in January.
    This goes right along with positive news out this morning on the national employment rate.

Unemployment rate was lower this past week than was originally expected. Even continuing claims were down.

Our economy is starting to turn around. Some parts of the Stimulus Plan are working. The GM bailout is obviously working and putting people back to work.

This is all great news for SIRI owners. Obviously, the more people that have work, the more people that can pay for subscriptions to the service.

Enthusiast
    09-24-2009, 09:45 AM #63
    Yawn...ghost town again...

For the sake of any conversation - where's everyone putting their trailing stops at with SIRI during the next run-up for the Q3 report?
    Last edited by mrmertz; 09-24-2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Mentor
    09-24-2009, 10:06 AM #64
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post

For the sake of any conversation - where's everyone putting their trailing stops at with SIRI during the next run-up for the Q3 report?
    LOL

As soon as I figure out the trailing stop idea....I'll let you know.

It certainly looks like a good day to add to the position. We're trading just above .65 now.
    Last edited by candleman; 09-24-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Enthusiast
    09-24-2009, 11:25 AM #65

Ahhh...there is a good question. Given the last pre CC run, it seems there was at most a 12% dip before the Qtrly CC. Don't know if that will happen again, but we have had almost a 10% dip within the last couple of weeks. I.E. .70 to .64

Do you see it better to use a trailing % or a fixed amount?

Enthusiast
    09-24-2009, 11:30 AM #66
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    LOL

As soon as I figure out the trailing stop idea....I'll let you know.

It certainly looks like a good day to add to the position. We're trading just above .65 now.
    Well, I jumped over to LVLT and rode the stock up this last time with my 3% trail on it. It popped up to it's high, then came back down, triggered my trailing stop order and sold off. I sold .03 down from the high that day and continued all the way down to close over .30 lower from where I sold! I walked away with a net of $918. for the two days.

Then I popped on over to C and bought in at $4.37 and set my trailing stop at 2%. Yesterday it hit its high of $4.74 - once it hit 2% down from that it triggered my trailing stop and sold at a little over $4.64. Look where it is now.

The trick is not setting it too shallow to allow for the stock's natural retractions while on the way up, but also not allowing too much room so you don't loose more than you have to when it drops.

It's just a matter of personal style and crunching the numbers. Some people like going with a dollar amount instead of a percentage. I just started using them a short while ago (being a rookie) but in that short time I have become a big fan of them. They have definately helped me maximize my net profit line.

Good luck!

Mentor
    09-24-2009, 11:33 AM #67
    Well, I jumped over to LVLT and rode the stock up this last time with my 3% trail on it. It popped up to it's high, then came back down, triggered my trailing stop order and sold off. I sold .03 down from the high that day and continued all the way down to close over .30 lower from where I sold! I walked away with a net of $918. for the two days.

Then I popped on over to C and bought in at $4.37 and set my trailing stop at 2%. Yesterday it hit its high of $4.74 - once it hit 2% down from that it triggered my trailing stop and sold at a little over $4.64. Look where it is now.

The trick is not setting it too shallow to allow for the stock's natural retractions while on the way up, but also not allowing too much room so you don't loose more than you have to when it drops.

It's just a matter of personal style and crunching the numbers. Some people like going with a dollar amount instead of a percentage. I just started using them a short while ago (being a rookie) but in that short time I have become a big fan of them. They have definately helped me maximize my net profit line.

Good luck!
    Mertz, thanks for the information. I'll give that a try sometime soon. I like trading C, it bounces so much that it's been a huge money maker for me this year.

09-24-2009, 11:39 AM #68
    Good work Mertrz/Hertz! Please explain to the novice investor that cashing out is the most important move in protecting gains. Long way from .75-.77 range...most people should have been trimming the hedges heavy in that range but most are brain washed. As for the short positions today..doing very well..FXP, FAZ, DOG....they still look good at this entry point..especially after the housing numbers....real bad... read the report....same thing foreclosure Ben has been saying for two years. Markets are about to get smacked and smacked hard...5-10% correction...could go more. Protect your cash....last time I am saying it. GLA

Foreclosure Ben

Enthusiast
    09-24-2009, 11:44 AM #69

Good luck!
    Great buy with LVLT. I have traded LVLT a couple of times and wanted to get in a couple of weeks ago as it seemed to begin a move. My brother works for them and I asked if anything was cooking and he said don't get excited there was nothing he knew of. So I didn't jump. Last time I ask his opinion.

So with a .60+ pps on SIRI, where do you set the stop? I almost think you have to time it so you place the stop at say 3 to 5% just several days before the CC. Otherwise you will get zapped with a dip and lose a position for the run up.

Enthusiast
    09-24-2009, 11:58 AM #70

Precarious mkt

We have a market that is balancing very precariously and talk is that today or tomorrow may prove a late day sell off. May or may not be today or tomorrow, but whenever the mood is like this it seems to come pretty quickly.

Does anyone think that SIRI will break down below .65? Yesterday it was being held at .67 pretty well until late afternoon then they let it go as the mkt sold. I figured they got their profit at .67 and couldn't take it up. .65 seems to be the hold today and we have bounce off this a couple of times in the last week.

Anybody got a feeling they would like to share?

Anybody have any technicals they want to share?

Page 7 of 11 ... 56789 ...