Page 9 of 11 ... 7891011
    Guru
    09-24-2009, 03:36 PM #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    I would bet the same as well.

Since the quarter is almost over, lets start talking about the metrics we should see...positive and negative.

1. $$ for clunkers will boost subs, but how will it affect cap ex for equipment?
    2. All auto makers ramped up production in August, how will that affect sub numbers and cost.
    3. What kind of sub numbers may show up from Iphone app?
    4. Did anyone ever determine if we will see an opex cost from Satellite launch?
    5. Is SAC projected to continue decreasing?
    6. What additional synergies from the merger may come into play this quarter?
    7. How much will the refi deal help?
    8. What else?

Are we going to start a pool on if SXM come in at -.01, breaks even, or shocks the world with a +.01 EPS for the quarter?
    Tempting questions. I wonder if the new guy, Spencer, will take a poke at them???

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-24-2009, 04:09 PM #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    I would bet the same as well.

Since the quarter is almost over, lets start talking about the metrics we should see...positive and negative.

1. $$ for clunkers will boost subs, but how will it affect cap ex for equipment?
    2. All auto makers ramped up production in August, how will that affect sub numbers and cost.
    3. What kind of sub numbers may show up from Iphone app?
    4. Did anyone ever determine if we will see an opex cost from Satellite launch?
    5. Is SAC projected to continue decreasing?
    6. What additional synergies from the merger may come into play this quarter?
    7. How much will the refi deal help?
    8. What else?

Are we going to start a pool on if SXM come in at -.01, breaks even, or shocks the world with a +.01 EPS for the quarter?
    I've got my quarter ready.

And I'll take .01 in earnings. Or could that be .0001

Enthusiast
    09-24-2009, 06:21 PM #83
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
    Yawn...ghost town again...

For the sake of any conversation - where's everyone putting their trailing stops at with SIRI during the next run-up for the Q3 report?
    Today is a good example of the MMs picking off the stop/loss orders. I learned a valuable lesson in watching Level II and how the MMs test and retest the support levels and how they find the areas to increase volume.

Do the MMs have visibility into the stop/loss orders?

Enthusiast
    09-25-2009, 09:33 AM #84
    ...getting awfully close to the .50 range! Time to stock up!

Whoa - I'm a "Senior Member" ? I sure don't feel like one. I don't post on here all that often.
    Last edited by mrmertz; 09-25-2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: added info

Enthusiast
    09-25-2009, 09:44 AM #85
    man, sure wish my one of my sells for .75 would fill before buy at below the current value. oh well... I'll take either. Heading out to Fuji tomorrow. Weather is PERFECT in Japan right now. Should be a totally cool day tomorrow.

09-25-2009, 10:12 AM #86
    Just had to post an opinion today,as the Market is showing what it can do to a Stock. I thought I was, and many others I am sure,thought they would be making a few penny's today,but as usual Siri has come up "short" again. How much does Mel want to make anyway? Really bad Marketing with this company, as well as a Monopoly that no one can seem to figure out how to use. I know a bad Auto industry does not help,but this stock is still below one dollar. Will it be over a dollar by the end of the year is anyone's guess. Maybe Motley's articles are really on target,lets hope not.

Enthusiast
    09-25-2009, 10:43 AM #87
    thanks socal. And GOOD LUCK. I hope this little down turn stops right here. Wouldn't bother me a bit. If my sell at .75 hits, I hope it keeps going up (and hits my other sells) although I'll have buys back in at .65 (and up). I'm done worrying about these swings, but I'm also tired of seeing these 20,30,40% fluctuations pass me by. I'm not concerned about stop losses, trailing stops, etc. Just put my buys and sells in and if they hit.. they hit. It would definitely make me feel a lot better selling a portion on highs then buying back on these lows.

Had Kobe steaks tonight on the grill.... tomorrow... sushi, sake, teppanyaki, fuji, rollercoasters, beer (not in any particular order).

stdkn... don't worry. your day is coming. I've been in since 3.60 and bought all the way down at .07 and back up. My give a shit meter for these latest swings is pretty low these days. Course... guess I can be a bit cocky since I finally had the nads to finally sell some on the recent highs. I could have been pretty healthy right now had I not been so hard-headed.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-25-2009, 10:49 AM #88
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    thanks socal. And GOOD LUCK. I hope this little down turn stops right here. Wouldn't bother me a bit. If my sell at .75 hits, I hope it keeps going up (and hits my other sells) although I'll have buys back in at .65 (and up). I'm done worrying about these swings, but I'm also tired of seeing these 20,30,40% fluctuations pass me by. I'm not concerned about stop losses, trailing stops, etc. Just put my buys and sells in and if they hit.. they hit. It would definitely make me feel a lot better selling a portion on highs then buying back on these lows.

Had Kobe steaks tonight on the grill.... tomorrow... sushi, sake, teppanyaki, fuji, rollercoasters, beer (not in any particular order).

stdkn... don't worry. your day is coming. I've been in since 3.60 and bought all the way down at .07 and back up. My give a shit meter for these latest swings is pretty low these days. Course... guess I can be a bit cocky since I finally had the nads to finally sell some on the recent highs. I could have been pretty healthy right now had I not been so hard-headed.
    Otone, that's a great attitude to have with SIRI. I've been in here a long, long, time too. I actually started at over 5.00

It's been an interesting ride and one that I don't regret. You just have to ride these out and the profit will be there in the end!

Enjoy the Rollercoasters and beer!

Enthusiast
    09-25-2009, 11:02 AM #89
    Thanks candleman.... hey, what.... about another month and a half before you close out another hurricane season? I've got family and property down in the panhandle of Florida so know what this time of year can bring.

gotta get up in 6 hours, so off to bed.

good luck all.

09-25-2009, 11:16 AM #90
    I too have been around this stock a long time,too long I guess,but whats the sense if selling if not to profit? Thanks fellas for the inputut.

Page 9 of 11 ... 7891011