http://247wallst.com/2009/09/19/siri...-certain-siri/

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-21-2009, 08:30 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    check this out....another moron weighs in:
    Thanks Underway.

I still don't see this as a problem. Right now, I own around 200,000 shares. It it splits, I'll own 20,000 shares. I might be missing something. But, to me it should make no difference.

And with that being said, I still think we are on track to top out over a buck before year end anyway.

09-21-2009, 08:46 AM #4
    check this out....another moron weighs in:
    Where do these morans crawl out from?
    Well, I guess it's true about everybody has a opinion,
    and what they're worth.

All except for mine and you guys, of course.

Julie
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 09-21-2009 at 10:31 AM.

Addict
    09-21-2009, 09:09 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Thanks Underway.

I still don't see this as a problem. Right now, I own around 200,000 shares. It it splits, I'll own 20,000 shares. I might be missing something. But, to me it should make no difference.

And with that being said, I still think we are on track to top out over a buck before year end anyway.
    The article itself isn't a problem really, just annoying. But, even though RS is just a math conversion, with total shareholder value remaining the same at the time of the split, RS has a very negative connotation and MOST companies that do an RS, lose significant market cap as a result. There are a few success stories (priceline.com is one), but most are a disaster because it is seen as a sign of weakness and investors sell off shares. An earlier post here which was explaining the basics of splits, seemed to indicate that splits don't have impact. NOT TRUE. The 'good' split, 1 share becomes more shares, is very positive, because it typically drops a very high SP to permit more buying by a wider group of investors. The RS is always viewed by investors as negative, a hail mary pass to prevent delisting. Of course, not all RS's are equal, and SIRI market cap is significant, which is one powerful argument for NASDAQ to change the stupid rule of $1 minimum. I believe SIRI will break a buck on its own, and the RS won't happen. Just sayin'.

09-21-2009, 09:20 AM #6
    Anyone owned a stock that has performed a reverse split before? I have and let me tell you it is the death nail. I wrote a nice few paragraphs last night explaining this only to lose them in the process of downloading spell checker on my laptop. Quite peeved as it was radio gold, taking shots at everyone, even the great Relmor/O-b-one. Candleman, the reverse split of 10-1 would be met with heavy shorting! For example, you and some other folks on here have 400,000 shares worth .90c per (I use .9 just to illustrate we almost got there). Value 360k. Your share count will be reduced to 40k and the stock price will be "propped" up to 9$per. In all this your value has changed none. 360k before and after. Its simple right...if you have a pencil and break it in half you still have the same amount of pencil. In comes 124m shorts also adjusted for the split and the bear party begins! Shorts whack 20% or more out within hours of the open and you will see them lining up in premarket. Everyone will be running for the exit at the same time and we all know what happens then....bad things man. So by 11am you have to ask yourself what do I do now? My 360$ is reduced to 288$ and its sliding out the door rapidly...do I trust in Mel and wait another 8 years to recover or do I protect my fleeting cash? Stock price would be around 7$ This is a very possible scenario and when I used to buy stocks on the OTC(very risky junk) it happened all the time. Its a way for the company to take your cash and buy sometime to feed you more bullshit only to take more of your cash on the way out. The stock could slide all the way back to 1$ and then someone with half a brain will buy up the shares and steal the company from you! At this point you are excited to sell your shares to Liberty or Apple or anyone because the premium they offer you is 2$/share....your pumped because at least you get 80k$ out. For the record, Relmor, I voted no on the reverse split...how could I have done that if I never owned the stock. By the way O-b-one, how is the stock manipulation case going?....that sounds like a winnable fight.

I will say it one final time and won't say it again, protect your gains Mr. I am up 650% on my .09 lot. Should have trimmed at .77 like me and the rest went out the door at.7...haven't owned any for weeks. Think people if it was so easy to get to a dollar don't you think Mel would have us there? If we get to .9c I would be amazed and excited for all the longs on here. I am not a hater like some, I am a realist and I see bad things in the pipeline not only for SIRI but all markets.

In Myrtle Beach housing is dead, hell the Grand Strand is dead. You can buy blocks from the beach for fractions of what it used to cost.

Plumber update...my buddy is one 3 employees left from 14 at Hepler and he ran into an owner of a construction company last week on the job site. He asked what he was doing on the job site? His comes back laughingly with, " Last year I had 80 employees this year I barely have 80 dollars! So when I say it is bad it is real bad. GLA, DYODD

Big Ben
    Short China, banks, and Reed...two field goals? Come on buddy.
    Last edited by Big Ben; 09-21-2009 at 09:37 AM.

09-21-2009, 09:24 AM #7
    The article itself isn't a problem really, just annoying. But, even though RS is just a math conversion, with total shareholder value remaining the same at the time of the split, RS has a very negative connotation and MOST companies that do an RS, lose significant market cap as a result. There are a few success stories (priceline.com is one), but most are a disaster because it is seen as a sign of weakness and investors sell off shares. An earlier post here which was explaining the basics of splits, seemed to indicate that splits don't have impact. NOT TRUE. The 'good' split, 1 share becomes more shares, is very positive, because it typically drops a very high SP to permit more buying by a wider group of investors. The RS is always viewed by investors as negative, a hail mary pass to prevent delisting. Of course, not all RS's are equal, and SIRI market cap is significant, which is one powerful argument for NASDAQ to change the stupid rule of $1 minimum. I believe SIRI will break a buck on its own, and the RS won't happen. Just sayin'.
    Fully agree. A R/S split after SIRI's decline would most likely be seen as a sign of weakness. It would more than likely signal another round of shorting and bring the price back down to levels seen prior to the split. If SIRI did a 10:1 R/S, SIRI's stock price would be about $6.60. I could easily see shorting bringing the price down quite a bit. Result is a decrease of market cap.

09-21-2009, 09:48 AM #8
    Couple things....insider selling is 30-1 right now..not good..people on the inside know things you don't. Bernake is going to lie to us when he speaks...he has too. The Fed knows how shaky the ground is, they are probably going to paint a rosy picture for us but I hope they give it to us straight, thats what we need.

FXP is up 4% today, it is a screaming buy at 9/share.

Big Ben

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-21-2009, 10:07 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Couple things....insider selling is 30-1 right now..not good..people on the inside know things you don't. Bernake is going to lie to us when he speaks...he has too. The Fed knows how shaky the ground is, they are probably going to paint a rosy picture for us but I hope they give it to us straight, thats what we need.

FXP is up 4% today, it is a screaming buy at 9/share.

Big Ben
    Ben, I'm liking FXP. I got in last Thursday and Friday. It's nice to have, in order to help balance the rest of the portfolio.

Enthusiast
    09-21-2009, 12:22 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Anyone owned a stock that has performed a reverse split before? I have and let me tell you it is the death nail. I wrote a nice few paragraphs last night explaining this only to lose them in the process of downloading spell checker on my laptop. Quite peeved as it was radio gold, taking shots at everyone, even the great Relmor/O-b-one. Candleman, the reverse split of 10-1 would be met with heavy shorting! For example, you and some other folks on here have 400,000 shares worth .90c per (I use .9 just to illustrate we almost got there). Value 360k. Your share count will be reduced to 40k and the stock price will be "propped" up to 9$per. In all this your value has changed none. 360k before and after. Its simple right...if you have a pencil and break it in half you still have the same amount of pencil. In comes 124m shorts also adjusted for the split and the bear party begins! Shorts whack 20% or more out within hours of the open and you will see them lining up in premarket. Everyone will be running for the exit at the same time and we all know what happens then....bad things man. So by 11am you have to ask yourself what do I do now? My 360$ is reduced to 288$ and its sliding out the door rapidly...do I trust in Mel and wait another 8 years to recover or do I protect my fleeting cash? Stock price would be around 7$ This is a very possible scenario and when I used to buy stocks on the OTC(very risky junk) it happened all the time. Its a way for the company to take your cash and buy sometime to feed you more bullshit only to take more of your cash on the way out. The stock could slide all the way back to 1$ and then someone with half a brain will buy up the shares and steal the company from you! At this point you are excited to sell your shares to Liberty or Apple or anyone because the premium they offer you is 2$/share....your pumped because at least you get 80k$ out. For the record, Relmor, I voted no on the reverse split...how could I have done that if I never owned the stock. By the way O-b-one, how is the stock manipulation case going?....that sounds like a winnable fight.

I will say it one final time and won't say it again, protect your gains Mr. I am up 650% on my .09 lot. Should have trimmed at .77 like me and the rest went out the door at.7...haven't owned any for weeks. Think people if it was so easy to get to a dollar don't you think Mel would have us there? If we get to .9c I would be amazed and excited for all the longs on here. I am not a hater like some, I am a realist and I see bad things in the pipeline not only for SIRI but all markets.

In Myrtle Beach housing is dead, hell the Grand Strand is dead. You can buy blocks from the beach for fractions of what it used to cost.

Plumber update...my buddy is one 3 employees left from 14 at Hepler and he ran into an owner of a construction company last week on the job site. He asked what he was doing on the job site? His comes back laughingly with, " Last year I had 80 employees this year I barely have 80 dollars! So when I say it is bad it is real bad. GLA, DYODD

Big Ben
    Short China, banks, and Reed...two field goals? Come on buddy.
    Reverse splits don't always go this way... Check out AIG.

Page 1 of 11 123 ...