Page 4 of 11 ... 23456 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-22-2009, 01:14 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagogary View Post
    thank you....Is this forum gonna to remain here? I would hate to lose contact with all of you.
    I will be here as long as the forum is open. The owner implies that he has no intention of shutting us down.

I get completely lost trying to follow the other forums. Geezz, when I go to investorhub....the shrub...it makes my head spin

09-22-2009, 01:20 PM #32

what about satwaves if this closes

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-22-2009, 01:30 PM #33
    I think Satwaves is an ok choice.

This place seems more like being in a living room with your neighbors. Satwaves doesn't have that feel, at least not for me.

But, this isn't closing. So, you have nothing to worry about.

Mentor
    09-22-2009, 01:33 PM #34
    This site isnt closing, I guess is Tylers point. Nothing will change but HIS focus.

Mentor
    09-22-2009, 01:34 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    I think Satwaves is an ok choice.

This place seems more like being in a living room with your neighbors. Satwaves doesn't have that feel, at least not for me.

But, this isn't closing. So, you have nothing to worry about.
    Wish there were more sites like this. Personal flavor is important. Be a shame if people who love this site cant get it anymore. But i think tylers point is hes going to shift his focus only, and nothing else will change.

09-22-2009, 01:35 PM #36

i hope it stays open

you guys are awesome!

Guru
    09-22-2009, 01:42 PM #37

I would almost rather not even post anymore, then go to a site that has Brandon as its main contributor. He needs to make sure what he puts out is more correct the wrong. While it looks as though he is watching that aspect of it, I will wait for a little longer. He has had to long of a track record for being misinformed for that to be lost so soon after. It would be like if someone like Lloyd Handwrecker (AKA; Havakasha) (Funny but wasn't that the same thing Brandon did and was made fun of for doing.) was Tyler. I would spend so much time correcting the misinformation I would not be able to post my own opinions on the stock.

Guru
    09-22-2009, 01:47 PM #38
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    This site isnt closing, I guess is Tylers point. Nothing will change but HIS focus.

Really for those that have been here for a long time, the focus has already changed several times already, anyone remember. If you ask me this is just another change that will not really change anything, what that means is the site has in general gone with the flow of the people that post on it. I believe Tyler and Charles can agree with that in general.

Addict
    09-22-2009, 02:05 PM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Well then how about Agere Systems, While the company itself does not exsist anymore (they were bought out) when they did a split it put them up to 12 and within 6 months and a year they were up to 16 and 22.
    No doubt...like I said....90% go bad. Some do ok. It's about the likelihood, that's all. If the biz model works, the SP will rise over time, RS or not. That's why the next two quarters will be very telling as to the future of this company. I believe, and have bet a significant amount of $ on this, that S-XM will prosper. But, I'd rather not see a RS. It will cause our investments to shrink and potentially delay significant gains if the SP rebounds following a period of time after RS. I am hopeful the need for RS will naturally disappear as SP rises over a buck on its own.

Mentor
    09-22-2009, 02:05 PM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Really for those that have been here for a long time, the focus has already changed several times already, anyone remember. If you ask me this is just another change that will not really change anything, what that means is the site has in general gone with the flow of the people that post on it. I believe Tyler and Charles can agree with that in general.
    I dont know the changes, but to focus more on the product and the company, is good with me. I think I focus too much on price action sometimes, and not enough on the fundamentals and learning the product. I am excited to see Spencer's first article with a focus shift. Should be fun.

Page 4 of 11 ... 23456 ...