Page 3 of 16 1234513 ...
    Head Honcho
    09-08-2009, 06:58 PM #21

Disclosure

I have maintained for quite some time that I observe a 3 day "quiet period" between when I write an article and when I would trade an equity. I have received some emails asking whether I am trading the equity again, and thought it prudent to address the issue here for everyone.

I will not be making any trades in Sirius XM Radio or Liberty Media until at least Friday, September 11th. This notification is not an announcement of an intent to trade, but simply a clarification of what could be my first trading day.

Cheers all
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

09-09-2009, 12:14 AM #22

FM-5 PR is out

Sorry I dont have a link since i just copied it from the news at TDA-

SIRIUS XM Announces SIRIUS FM-5 Satellite has Been Placed Into Service
    12:01a ET September 9, 2009 (PR NewsWire)

SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) announced today that SIRIUS FM-5, the newest addition to the SIRIUS XM satellite fleet, was recently placed into service on the SIRIUS network. The new satellite, which was manufactured by Space Systems/Loral, provides improved signal penetration and reception to millions of SIRIUS subscribers nationwide.

FM-5 is now fully operational and broadcasting SIRIUS XM programming and data services to SIRIUS radios in North America. The satellite launched June 30, was guided to its final orbit position, and has successfully completed all post-launch testing.

SIRIUS FM-5 is one of the world's most powerful communications satellites and is the first geostationary SIRIUS satellite, complementing the SIRIUS fleet of three non-geostationary satellites. SIRIUS FM-5's addition to the current SIRIUS fleet significantly increases the broadcast power of the total SIRIUS network. SIRIUS FM-5 is designed to provide more focused power in areas of peak population, such as metropolitan areas on the east and west coast, as well as significantly improving reception when driving under heavy foliage. Its location in a geostationary orbit position over North America (approximately above Texas, at 96 degrees west longitude) assures that home receivers can aim at a fixed point in the southern sky to receive a signal on a constant basis.

"For our SIRIUS subscribers, FM-5 brings significantly improved performance to their cars as well as their homes and offices, or wherever they use their SIRIUS radios," said Terry Smith, Chief Engineering Officer of SIRIUS XM Radio. "We expect FM-5 to provide exceptional service for many years to come, while improving the overall performance, reliability and longevity of our satellite fleet. We congratulate our engineering team on a successful launch and implementation."

The satellite was launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan aboard an International Launch Services (ILS) Proton.

About SIRIUS XM Radio

SIRIUS XM Radio is America's satellite radio company delivering to subscribers commercial-free music channels, premier sports, news, talk, entertainment, and traffic and weather.

SIRIUS XM Radio has content relationships with an array of personalities and artists, including Howard Stern, Martha Stewart, Oprah Winfrey, Jimmy Buffett, Jamie Foxx, Barbara Walters, Opie & Anthony, Bubba the Love Sponge(R), The Grateful Dead, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, and Bob Edwards. SIRIUS XM Radio is the leader in sports programming as the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, Major League Baseball(R), NASCAR(R), NBA, NHL(R), and PGA TOUR(R), and broadcasts major college sports.

SIRIUS XM Radio has arrangements with every major automaker. SIRIUS XM Radio products are available at shop.sirius.com and shop.xmradio.com, and at retail locations nationwide, including Best Buy, RadioShack, Wal-Mart and independent retailers.

SIRIUS XM Radio also offers SIRIUS Backseat TV, the first ever live in-vehicle rear seat entertainment featuring Nickelodeon, Disney Channel and Cartoon Network; XM NavTraffic(R) service for GPS navigation systems delivers real-time traffic information, including accidents and road construction, for more than 80 North American markets.

This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about the benefits of the business combination transaction involving SIRIUS and XM, including potential synergies and cost savings and the timing thereof, future financial and operating results, the combined company's plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," " are expected to," "anticipate," "believe," "plan," "estimate," "intend," "will," "should," "may," or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of SIRIUS' and XM's management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond the control of SIRIUS and XM. Actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.

The following factors, among others, could cause actual results to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statement: our substantial indebtedness; the businesses of SIRIUS and XM may not be combined successfully, or such combination may take longer, be more difficult, time-consuming or costly to accomplish than expected; the useful life of our satellites; our dependence upon automakers and other third parties; our competitive position versus other forms of audio and video entertainment; and general economic conditions. Additional factors that could cause SIRIUS' and XM's results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in SIRIUS' Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2008 and XM's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2008, which are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov). The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and SIRIUS and XM disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.

G-SIRI

Contacts for SIRIUS XM Radio: Patrick Reilly SIRIUS XM Radio 212 901 6646 patrick.reilly@siriusxm.com Sal Resendez SIRIUS XM Radio 646 313 2405 sal.resendez@siriusxm.com

SOURCE SIRIUS XM Radio

Guru
    09-09-2009, 06:14 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    I have maintained for quite some time that I observe a 3 day "quiet period" between when I write an article and when I would trade an equity. I have received some emails asking whether I am trading the equity again, and thought it prudent to address the issue here for everyone.

I will not be making any trades in Sirius XM Radio or Liberty Media until at least Friday, September 11th. This notification is not an announcement of an intent to trade, but simply a clarification of what could be my first trading day.

Cheers all

I just have to say chulk another one up to common sense and logic.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bassmaster
    "tyler thats bullshit. you're punishing us. im not expecting you to post here in the forums but your articles are important. where the f**k are we supposed to get the right information from. you actually let brandon destroy this site if you dont write articles from time to time. and you're right its not about winning or losing , its about going someplace that has the facts straight. gl in w/e you decide, but its still bullshit."

My reply Yesterday to what bassmaster said:

"Hey, maybe he would like to trade the stock again. He may even have a life to get back to."

Comon Tyler you have to admit it, when you seen what I wrote the you were thinking, how did he ever get that idea.
    Last edited by john; 09-09-2009 at 07:45 AM.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    09-09-2009, 11:50 AM #24
    Wow, what happened to the forum it is like a ghost town and the stock is at .69 !

Enthusiast
    09-09-2009, 12:18 PM #25
    Okay, I'll post! Anybody wanna look into their crystal ball and guess where the week will end? Low .70's?

Enthusiast
    09-09-2009, 12:24 PM #26
    ...your'e right. It is a ghost town in here...zzz...

09-09-2009, 01:05 PM #27
    if we can get a close above .70 the next resistance is .85 and hopefully it will hold the .70 support level. I told my wife last night I thought we would see .70 by the end of the week. If we don't get it today maybe it tomorrow. I'm happy holding at this level for another 6 weeks when we start seeing the bigger gains.

09-09-2009, 02:41 PM #28
    Where is everybody? Labor day was last weekend. Just leave your work, nobody will notice.

You all should be sitting at your desks posting on SB.

Julie, who's on her lunch hour.

Mentor
    09-09-2009, 03:28 PM #29
    Hello everyone. I think the no mention today on the Apple newswas disappointing, but certain apple experts warned me not to expect anything. FM radio in the IPOD is interesting. Seems liek the total radio now. Power little gadget.

Mentor
    09-09-2009, 03:29 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by aosborn View Post
    if we can get a close above .70 the next resistance is .85 and hopefully it will hold the .70 support level. I told my wife last night I thought we would see .70 by the end of the week. If we don't get it today maybe it tomorrow. I'm happy holding at this level for another 6 weeks when we start seeing the bigger gains.
    Take a look at these charts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 16 1234513 ...