Page 8 of 16 ... 678910 ...
    Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    09-13-2009, 11:05 AM #71
    So how much of a hit to the SP is everyone anticipating from the notice?

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-13-2009, 01:04 PM #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    So how much of a hit to the SP is everyone anticipating from the notice?
    I've owned stocks that have gotten "the notice" before. If the company was on solid footing and moving forward like Sirius is, it didn't mean a thing. So, in my opinion it shouldn't affect the SP much at all. Remember that this is old news. We've been told long ago that this was going to happen. So, I think the news is already built into the current price.

09-14-2009, 09:17 AM #73
    To all the longs...buy, hold, and hope is dead! Last week the MMs were giving away free money to any takers. I missed the move from .6-.65...500$ I won't be missing it this time....SIRI is ready for a real retrenchment this week..last Monday I called the .57-.59 range and this week I am calling for at least that range...maybe .55...the good old double nickle will shake some of the longs out from the tree...as it should. The Asian markets are got smacked and the European markets are following suit down around 1%..we will follow and might start the down swing. All of my short positions are up 2-3% in premarket...that never bodes well for the market. In my unprofessional opinion I would start to move money to short positions or cash. Nothing has changed with the markets since the Haynes bottom, countless problems on the horizon...protect your cash! If you are one of the fortunate ones to have enjoyed this up swing 50%...take some off the table before your hand gets smacked.
    Side note...I was in a making home affordable program for the past few months...if you have any ??'s about the government program or BAC program feel free to ask. Believe it or not I have derived a more pessimistic outlook for the housing market. I have strong credit, back up cash, good paying job and my credit union shopped my loan and told me there were no takers! Good luck housing....yr f'ed. Meredith Whitney called it right on housing earlier in the week....25% more down to go....she is one smart cookie and I would not bet against her! Supply side is out of control! Foreclosures are pumping through my fax at an "insane rate Harry"....dumb and dumber! GLA GTR...move to cash

Big Ben ......yep I did it again! Sorry Tennessee...good game though and I feel bad for the next team that Tennesse plays....they man handled us in the trenches.

09-14-2009, 02:33 PM #74
    Advice, for better or worse! What's a good buy into this stock?

I have traded this stock in and out for a year now and became so frustrated a few months back that i sold in the low 50's and missed the pop.I made money because i bought in the teens but knowing what i know about this stock and how it goes up and down, i be damned if i purchase in the 60's. So what's a good price to buy back in?????

Mentor
    09-14-2009, 03:23 PM #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Jworld View Post
    Advice, for better or worse! What's a good buy into this stock?

I have traded this stock in and out for a year now and became so frustrated a few months back that i sold in the low 50's and missed the pop.I made money because i bought in the teens but knowing what i know about this stock and how it goes up and down, i be damned if i purchase in the 60's. So what's a good price to buy back in?????
    J, if you're any kind of a long term investor, then today is a good day to buy. This stock has no place but up to go from here. If you're a swing trader, I still say now is the time to buy. You could wait for the fifties and they may come and go so quickly you won't notice it.

Yes, SIRI may go down some more, but in the long term, it will be over a buck within a few months.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it......until I change my mind

09-14-2009, 04:20 PM #76
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    J, if you're any kind of a long term investor, then today is a good day to buy. This stock has no place but up to go from here. If you're a swing trader, I still say now is the time to buy. You could wait for the fifties and they may come and go so quickly you won't notice it.

Yes, SIRI may go down some more, but in the long term, it will be over a buck within a few months.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it......until I change my mind

I still want to believe that buying in at the 30's is a good safe buy but with this stock, you never know and perhaps those days are long gone.I will just have to meditate and pray to the SIRI Gods and decide yes or no if i want to pull the trigger in the 50's

Enthusiast
    09-14-2009, 05:07 PM #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Jworld View Post
    I still want to believe that buying in at the 30's is a good safe buy but with this stock, you never know and perhaps those days are long gone.I will just have to meditate and pray to the SIRI Gods and decide yes or no if i want to pull the trigger in the 50's
    I think you hit the nail on the head...30's are long gone - unless something severely drastic happens but with the 3Q coming up I think it will continue more or less to do it's 'Siriusly Sideways' thing daily until it gathers steam for November.

Don't think you'll see it dump below the .50's - if it even hits the .50's between now and the 3Q release. But there are plenty of people here with more insight than me on here so fire away.

Good Luck.

09-14-2009, 06:40 PM #78
    Jworld,

Here is some info you might not find on here from all the pom pom cheerleaders, a reverse split is still very possible....it is on the table and once the delisting notices take affect it could very well happen. If it was so easy to get a stock to the dollar menu then believe me Mel would have done it. The moves you made buying in the teens and selling in the .5s is the right move...never ever figure you missed anything with the pop to .77. Pick a stock, pick a price, and when your stock goes through that price, sell that shit! Losers calculate what could have been and you don't sound like most of the losers on here. Looking back on Monday morning and saying I should have picked up the blitz or I should have hit the first check down is for the media. Your in the actual game, you make decisions in real time and you must live with them...everyone kicks ass on Monday in the film room. The time to get long with SIRI is after the reverse split, once the stock splits and the shorts grab it by the balls you will see a nice pull back without 4 billion shares outstanding, this will be the time to start accumulating a long position, until then trade the shit out of these gimme swings as I call them. I missed 500$ last week, not a big deal but I missed my buy by half a penny. I still believe we are in a bear market rally and once all the idiots have their money off the sidelines and back in the market, look out for the pull back that all the smart people know is coming. When that happens SIRI will get pulled back to at least the mid .5s. Oh yeah another thing, SIRI is still losing subs..you won't find that info on here. Good luck ace. I post most of my moves as I am doing them or before I enter them into the open market.

Big Ben

Mentor
    09-15-2009, 08:51 AM #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Jworld,

Here is some info you might not find on here from all the pom pom cheerleaders, a reverse split is still very possible....it is on the table and once the delisting notices take affect it could very well happen. If it was so easy to get a stock to the dollar menu then believe me Mel would have done it. The moves you made buying in the teens and selling in the .5s is the right move...never ever figure you missed anything with the pop to .77. Pick a stock, pick a price, and when your stock goes through that price, sell that shit! Losers calculate what could have been and you don't sound like most of the losers on here. Looking back on Monday morning and saying I should have picked up the blitz or I should have hit the first check down is for the media. Your in the actual game, you make decisions in real time and you must live with them...everyone kicks ass on Monday in the film room. The time to get long with SIRI is after the reverse split, once the stock splits and the shorts grab it by the balls you will see a nice pull back without 4 billion shares outstanding, this will be the time to start accumulating a long position, until then trade the shit out of these gimme swings as I call them. I missed 500$ last week, not a big deal but I missed my buy by half a penny. I still believe we are in a bear market rally and once all the idiots have their money off the sidelines and back in the market, look out for the pull back that all the smart people know is coming. When that happens SIRI will get pulled back to at least the mid .5s. Oh yeah another thing, SIRI is still losing subs..you won't find that info on here. Good luck ace. I post most of my moves as I am doing them or before I enter them into the open market.

Big Ben
    Ben,
    I've been watching and actually buying a little of FAZ and FXP. I like to play both sides of the isle. But, they just keep going down, down, down, in value. In your opinion....where is the bottom for these two? And, what will it take for them to be profitable? And, what kind of a time frame are you looking at for these two?
    Thanks,
    Chuck

09-15-2009, 09:49 AM #80
    FAZ is taking a beating, where is the bottom on this, no clue...I do believe in the shorting the banks but as you can see blind optimism is running wild on Wall Street again. I would not be surprised to see the dow run all the way through 10k. I might add to that position if it continues to slide, currently down 15% on 300shares.

As for FXP, I think it is near the bottom of its range, if you were going to start a position for a trade anywhere in this range would be good. This stock runs back to 11 pretty quick when it starts to move and last time it broke out to the upside a little bit. Next time it hits 11 I am cashing out 1/3 of my position and waiting for the dip to come. Currently down 7% on 300shares. I would leave FAZ alone and wait for the crack in the markets, with FXP I would pull the trigger anywhere around 9ish.

Big Ben

As for our darling SIRI it seems to be stuck in the mud.

Page 8 of 16 ... 678910 ...