Page 6 of 16 ... 45678 ...
    Guru
    09-11-2009, 10:05 AM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Grazie don Socal!

how do ya like these guys john/163888 . . comes along and predicts a $0.38, $0.39 and $0.41 retracement and then disappears . . but still lurks over his shoulder to see if we forgot!

we never forget pluc . . once in, you never get out

Sirius Roadkill, I dont have a problem with anyone making a call and getting it wrong I have done it also. What I have a problem with is someone who makes that call, gets it wrong and then comes back after weeks of silence and says I did not follow my own advise and did just the opposite, and only after the fact it was evident he was going to be wrong. It is one thing to say, hey I was wrong and will be changing my trading habbits accordingly and totally another to do what Big Ben did. What you get when you do that is noone believes what you say again even if it maybe true and that is a big maybe.

The reason for that is what Big Ben says he did had absolutely no sense or logic to it, and to believe Big Ben a lier about this issue makes absolute sense. I will just say, I have found for the most part if something does not make sense then it is not true.

Guru
    09-11-2009, 10:08 AM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    ho, if anybody wants to double-check anything john said this week . . . I have just noticed that homer985 is in the house (6:28 PM EST) . . he-he

As for this little tid bit, YOUR A BASTARD!

Actually it was very funny. but you are still a bastard.

Guru
    09-11-2009, 10:29 AM #53

Well Well Well

Been away all week. First I have to thank JohnnyIrishXM for a hilarious recap of last week on page 1. Well done!!

The "dialog" between Satwaves, MF and SB has been amusing to say the least. The way I see it is that there has been a decline in journalism with the advent of the internet news (i.e. MF) and the decline of traditional news. I suppose it has the same fundementals as cyber bulling - say whatever you want, try to piss someone off........ Maybe I'm off base??

BTW, I refuse to go to AnnArbor.com which replaced the daily Ann Arbor News. I'll take my Thursday and Sunday "real" editions, but there is no way I'm visiting the site for local news.

Getting back on topic, it looks as if the market is "taking profit" from the previous run up as we are down about 2 cents on really, really light volume. My question to the experts is how can you take profit on a 6 cent gain? It seems like chump change to me.

I had my finger on the "buy" button when SIRI was at $0.05, but said enough is enough (I had diluted down at $0.15 and was considering further dilution). Damn, could have had one foot out the door on this thing.

Guru
    09-11-2009, 10:39 AM #54
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Been away all week. First I have to thank JohnnyIrishXM for a hilarious recap of last week on page 1. Well done!!

The "dialog" between Satwaves, MF and SB has been amusing to say the least. The way I see it is that there has been a decline in journalism with the advent of the internet news (i.e. MF) and the decline of traditional news. I suppose it has the same fundementals as cyber bulling - say whatever you want, try to piss someone off........ Maybe I'm off base??

BTW, I refuse to go to AnnArbor.com which replaced the daily Ann Arbor News. I'll take my Thursday and Sunday "real" editions, but there is no way I'm visiting the site for local news.

Getting back on topic, it looks as if the market is "taking profit" from the previous run up as we are down about 2 cents on really, really light volume. My question to the experts is how can you take profit on a 6 cent gain? It seems like chump change to me.

I had my finger on the "buy" button when SIRI was at $0.05, but said enough is enough (I had diluted down at $0.15 and was considering further dilution). Damn, could have had one foot out the door on this thing.

First I have to ask I thought two brothers bought them out and then were going to compete with The News and Free Press with another parper next year and start to have home delivery again.

Not an expert opinion here but 9% in a week means if you can do that every week for a year the you are looking at 468% return. You have to remember it is still a sixty something stock and 5 cents is alot whne we are talking about a 60 cent stock.

Addict
    09-11-2009, 10:40 AM #55

cause 6 cent gain is over 10%. True, you have to sell a lot of shares for it to be real money, but, if you are day trading, you probably don't want to leave that 6 cents (10%) on the table. I just sold a little, but a drop in the bucket to my overall SIRI holdings. I'm in it for the long haul. I want a huge amount of shares for the big hit multiple when this thing breaks a buck and heads north to $3. It will happen!

Guru
    09-11-2009, 10:45 AM #56
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    First I have to ask I thought two brothers bought them out and then were going to compete with The News and Free Press with another parper next year and start to have home delivery again.

Not an expert opinion here but 9% in a week means if you can do that every week for a year the you are looking at 468% return. You have to remember it is still a sixty something stock and 5 cents is alot whne we are talking about a 60 cent stock.
    Don't know that to be true, but another daily would earn this customer. Heck, I'd pay more.

I see what you're saying. I'm up 50% with SPNG, it's a nice number, but it translates to 600 bucks. I'm going to sell it to avoid the forthcoming RS, but otherwise I wouldn't. I suppose my time horizon is longer; that and I'm too lazy to be trading all the time.

Addict
    09-11-2009, 11:00 AM #57
    Don't know that to be true, but another daily would earn this customer. Heck, I'd pay more.

I see what you're saying. I'm up 50% with SPNG, it's a nice number, but it translates to 600 bucks. I'm going to sell it to avoid the forthcoming RS, but otherwise I wouldn't. I suppose my time horizon is longer; that and I'm too lazy to be trading all the time.
    This RS stuff is very interesting. Don't want it to happen to SIRI. But I hold a little of VRNM (now VRNMD post RS). The damn thing did a 12 to 1 RS yesterday and actually went up over the last two days! Surprised the heck out of me. Good news is that I didn't sell it because my risk is so low I wanted to see what would happen. weird stuff.

Guru
    09-11-2009, 11:16 AM #58
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    This RS stuff is very interesting. Don't want it to happen to SIRI. But I hold a little of VRNM (now VRNMD post RS). The damn thing did a 12 to 1 RS yesterday and actually went up over the last two days! Surprised the heck out of me. Good news is that I didn't sell it because my risk is so low I wanted to see what would happen. weird stuff.
    SPNG approved a 100:1 split. The news was met with a massive sell off, but the last two days have been green, and it appears to be working it's way back up to more "normal" sp. I appreciate you sharing a positive RS (so far); maybe I'll see it through. Like yourself, not much to lose.

Enthusiast
    09-11-2009, 11:19 AM #59
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Would SIRI attract more investors after rising above $1.00 thereby making it a more viable stock option in the eyes of certain investors? Or would the bottom fall out?

Look where AIG is today after the original RS went into effect.

Enthusiast
    09-11-2009, 11:33 AM #60
    Why doesn't Goldman Sachs just shut down all their computers for one week and let this flippin' stock accelerate up to where it should be?!

Page 6 of 16 ... 45678 ...