Page 12 of 21 ... 21011121314 ...
    09-03-2009, 07:46 PM #111
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Sounds great Julie, just the thought of vacation and Sirius is behaving better already.
    You'll have to go down river about 130 miles and then turn east another 6 or 7 hundred. I'll be waiting for you. By the way....does she do bathrooms?

Throw in another weeks vacation and you bet she does.
    In fact, are there any neighbors that need any work done around the house?
    No sense in her limiting herself to just one house. In the meantime
    when I'm on the beach watching the dolphins play, I can be searching for
    shells, a win/win for you. Hard working mother daughter team.
    Maybe when February rolls around your refrig will need cleaning again.
    We can only hope.

Julie

09-03-2009, 08:27 PM #112
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    I can clean a refrigerator in about 15 minutes. Productivity here is suspect.

Depending on how well you want to do the job. Anybody can jump in and clean a refrig in 15 minutes. It is the pro, the one who really cares about
    the job, who first sits down and draws up a game plan. Sitting on the beach of course, where the light is much better. After much contemplating and
    analyzing the large task ahead, it's time for lunch. Two hours later, it is
    on to brainstorming. A must to get several opinions as to the most effective way to tackle a job of this magnitude. And of course the brainstorming is done on the beach. Where else can you find so many people
    in one place. Several other steps are needed until project can be completed
    but I won't bore one so eager to do such a haphazard job.
    Remind me not to hire you.

Julie

Mentor
    09-03-2009, 11:36 PM #113
    just wanted to disclose -- i am stacking up on $1 march call options. i have 245 of them at a cost of $ .20 plus commission and fee's.... im fairly confident they will be worth alot of money by the next CC even if it doesnt hit the strike price. but i also have until next march, thats when they expire. so i figure i have 2 CC's of run ups to make money on them. may be worth taking a look if you are the gambling type and have faith in the future of this stock. dont go in blind , make sure you understand how these things work they are very risky.
    if you think sirius is going down some more, you may be able to pick some up at .15 ( which is actually $15 per contract of 100 shares plus commission and fee's).

Guru
    09-04-2009, 12:37 AM #114
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    just wanted to disclose -- i am stacking up on $1 march call options. i have 245 of them at a cost of $ .20 plus commission and fee's.... im fairly confident they will be worth alot of money by the next CC even if it doesnt hit the strike price. but i also have until next march, thats when they expire. so i figure i have 2 CC's of run ups to make money on them. may be worth taking a look if you are the gambling type and have faith in the future of this stock. dont go in blind , make sure you understand how these things work they are very risky.
    if you think sirius is going down some more, you may be able to pick some up at .15 ( which is actually $15 per contract of 100 shares plus commission and fee's).
    Like in the British Parliament...slapping my hand on the desk and going, "Here, Here!"...."Spot on!"

Mentor
    09-04-2009, 12:46 AM #115
    Julie

If it took your mom 3 days to clean your refrigerator...

1. Your mom is the pickiest human on the planet!
    2. Your mom is the slowest human on the planet!
    3. Your refigerator was the filthiest on the planet!
    4. All of the above!

Have a great day tomorrow!LOL

09-04-2009, 08:28 AM #116
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Julie

If it took your mom 3 days to clean your refrigerator...

1. Your mom is the pickiest human on the planet!
    2. Your mom is the slowest human on the planet!
    3. Your refigerator was the filthiest on the planet!
    4. All of the above!

Have a great day tomorrow!LOL

Jeff and Socal,

Obviously I won't be telling my mother what you gentlemen (term used loosely here) have said about her. Pickiest and Slowest are very harsh words
    indeed. I choose to call it discerning. And as for #3 on your list of insults,
    I am truly shocked. As a fellow Sirius invester, how can you possibly think
    I would have a refrigerator that was disgusting?
    I will now go to the corner where I will assume the fetal position and hopefully
    recover from the barrage of insults that were hurled at me. I can only
    pray this traumatic experience will dim from my memory as time passes.

You guys just go about your merry way. I'll be just fine.

Julie

Guru
    09-04-2009, 08:47 AM #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I am all over the economy/stock markets/oil markets/foreclosure markets....honestly I have never been so in tune with the world and finance. I feel bad for the avoid the tax man crowd and the buy, hold, hope crowd.
    Wow, you ought to take yourself out for a date tonight LOL.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-04-2009, 09:18 AM #118
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    I am very curious if anyone else in our forum in buying options on SIRI.
    I have only a very limited amount of experience in this end of investing. But, in the case of SIRI, it does seem to have a good possibility of profit making using this method. If anyone wants to start up a discussion on the subject of options and SIRI, I'm all ears! And I'll bet that other members would be happy for the education.

Enthusiast
    09-04-2009, 09:24 AM #119
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    I am very curious if anyone else in our forum in buying options on SIRI.
    I have only a very limited amount of experience in this end of investing. But, in the case of SIRI, it does seem to have a good possibility of profit making using this method. If anyone wants to start up a discussion on the subject of options and SIRI, I'm all ears! And I'll bet that other members would be happy for the education.
    Hi candleman,
    and good morning to all. Just got back from a nice week in beautiful Savannah, GA - one of my favorite places.. I do not have any experience with options, but I recently set up a "play" options account at the CBOE site and have been taking some online lessons. I would definitely be interested in a discussion on this subject and a separate thread might be the way to go.

What do you think? Anybody else interested?

Mentor
    09-04-2009, 09:54 AM #120
    Quote Originally Posted by proactiv View Post
    Hi candleman,
    and good morning to all. Just got back from a nice week in beautiful Savannah, GA - one of my favorite places.. I do not have any experience with options, but I recently set up a "play" options account at the CBOE site and have been taking some online lessons. I would definitely be interested in a discussion on this subject and a separate thread might be the way to go.

What do you think? Anybody else interested?
    we already have a thread in the market watch sub-forum called dr daves options thread. post any questions and opinions regarding options there. dr. dave and siriusowner - the resident options experts should be able to answer any questions you guys have. it may not be immediately (some people do have lives outside this forum) but you will get your answers.

Page 12 of 21 ... 21011121314 ...