Page 4 of 21 ... 2345614 ...
    09-01-2009, 12:21 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Why, do you like that kinda stuff?

Julie
    Just a little. 3:30 kick off, I will be at the tailgate by 10am, RV, big screen with sat TV, bbq, adult beverages, the works. I'll have my Sirius Sat radio at the tailgate and the game of course!

09-01-2009, 12:35 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    Socal,

Where did you get this and when was it written ?

Just to comment on the sub#'s stated - I see growth from 3rd Q this year and on, so I don't see how they end '09 at 18.2 and then lose another 200k in '10. This is just wrong and these estimates will get blown out of the water.
    I'm not sure of subs, but vehicle volumes seem to be going up. We use CSM data to forecast volumes in the automotive industry. This service has been conservative in the past with it's volumes. The link below is global, but shows volumes pointing higher over the next 5 years. This is just a forecast, but it shows volume pointing north directionally, which is a positive sign.

For North America, CFC sure helped Aug and interest for the balance of the year. Here is the latest forecast by year for vehicle volumes. Who would have thought 15m could be achievable again a few months ago. Again, just a forecast, but positive non the less.

Seems if vehicle volumes go up, subs should point north too.

2009 8.4m
    2010 9.9m
    2011 11.9m
    2012 13.6m
    2013 14.7m
    2014 15.1m
    2015 14.7m

http://www.csmauto.com/news/csminsig...dy+for+Revival
    Last edited by MichGoBlue; 09-01-2009 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Fact correction

Addict
    09-01-2009, 01:09 AM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    ---------------------------------------
    It's on Ameritrades news, under Siri quote. And yes, their numbers look low, better yet I say.
    Maybe the low subs is done for a reason. When the price hits $1.00, then they say "we see much more positive trends in net subs and we're raising our estimates and price target again" . I mean, if we're looking at only 18M subs by end of next year and $1.00 target, then the reality will push this stock significantly higher.

Guru
    09-01-2009, 07:54 AM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by MichGoBlue View Post
    Just a little. 3:30 kick off, I will be at the tailgate by 10am, RV, big screen with sat TV, bbq, adult beverages, the works. I'll have my Sirius Sat radio at the tailgate and the game of course!
    And by 6:30 you'll be crying in your beer when Western upsets the scandel laden UM team LOL. We are...................

Mentor
    09-01-2009, 10:36 AM #35
    In English please. There's more than you two here. Quit talking in secret code.
    Julie
    secret code?? OOH-FAH!

go decode this Kojak . . TIJ4UJ2-WLYB

Guru
    09-01-2009, 11:24 AM #36
    In English please. There's more than you two here. Quit talking in
    secret code.

Julie
    He's talking about running a race. 5k = 3.1 miles. Socal loves running in Pittsburgh I recall LOL.

Guru
    09-01-2009, 11:27 AM #37
    MGB,

Kick off what?

Julie
    Football Julie, UM. The college season starts this weekend. Most men have it gentically engrained into our DNA.

Enthusiast
    09-01-2009, 12:34 PM #38
    [QUOTE=Siriustunes;49867]I was looking at downward pressure on the buy side and .63 looked to stay pretty steady. Also, I look back at the retraction trends relative to volume lulls. Didn't materialize, but that is a good thing.

I was just early by 24 hrs. Hopefully .63 remains our lower resistance. With the car sales numbers, the S&P upgrade to a target pps of $1.00, the Skydock and the active marketing for new subs, I would think we would see .85 - .90 within a few weeks. There is nothing but positive news surrounding SXM, which is not the case with many companies right now.

Question: Why is the S&P pps upgrade announcement not widely distributed? I can only find it on TD Amer and on a few boards. Can anyone find it on the S&P site?

Guru
    09-01-2009, 01:38 PM #39
    I just have to remind people that the higher car sales will mean that the *short term* SAC and other metric numbers will be terrible. There is going to be good and bad parts to the OEM increases. I also have to remind people that this will be a short term increase and the aftermath of the "cars for clunkers" will be less OEM sales in the future. The 3rd quarter has always been terrible for the metrics because they have much of their cost for the chipsets in the 4th quarter included in the 3rd quarter. So be prepared for that people. The good part of that is that those cost will not be in the 4th quarter numbers. I would look for a bad FCF number in the 3rd quarter and for the 4th quarter to more then make up for it.

Guru
    09-01-2009, 02:23 PM #40
    Now some may think this bit of information should be in another place, I do not because it directly effects SIRIXM.

People weather you are democrat or rebublican better start to get a clue about Obama and who he really is. If you care about SIRIXM.

Have any of you ever heard of "Mark lloyd"???????? He is the newly appointed "FCC Diversity Czar".

Do you know what he has said about what he wants to do??????? He wants to have more regulation on all media to include satellite (thats right his own words included satellite). To get his ideas financed he expects to fine and fee the media business to death. First he wants the fees to be as much as 100% of operating cost of each company and the fines will be almost impossible to avoid.

Have you heard what he thinks about what Hugo Chavez and what he did with the media in Venezuela. First he thinks Chavez created a great democratic revolution. Second he believes what he did by nationalizing the media was the best thing to do and that is what we should do.

I suggest you all Google him and listen to some of the things he believes.

For the people that think this would be impossible, you must not have been here during the merger process and seen what the cost of the "diversity" issue was.

For the ones that think the relationships Obama had with Rev. Right and Bill Aiers (one of the heads of the Weather Underground (a terrorist group)) not a big deal, better start to get a clue and look at the people that Obama has put into his advisory rolls (Czars, ect., ect.). Is it a quintessence that the other person that was responsible for forming the Weather Underground is on the board of the main orginization that helped write the stimulas bill.

Dont believe it, hear it for yourselves goto Glen Beck, you dont have to believe Beck ether because he puts up the video of what these people have said.

People better start to think because weather you are a republican or democrat, if you are not in the circle of Obamas group then you are going to be SOL.

After you hear some of the people (in their owns words right out of their own mouths) Obama has put into his advisory rolls, ask yourselfs, is that even close to the way I think Amarica should be. I think most will say, NO.
    Last edited by john; 09-01-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Page 4 of 21 ... 2345614 ...