Page 7 of 24 ... 5678917 ...
    Guru
    08-25-2009, 12:35 AM #61

Hey Guys

I just feel the "love" every time that I come in here.

You guys (and Julie) are kicking ass. Way to go, as you deserve it. Go SIRI!

Bill

Mentor
    08-25-2009, 12:51 AM #62
    Bassmaster, I use chicken bones. LOL Ill talk more tomorrow. Nighty night.

08-25-2009, 04:19 AM #63

thanks

i read the posts everyday i rarely log in. you guys do a great job thank you i am a long siri. up up and away. thx relmor john et al

Mentor
    08-25-2009, 06:52 AM #64
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Tyler,actually Royalty money goes indirectly to bottom line as it is now expensed in and those expenses will be moved out and new category for Royaslty fee will be established in general fund..it will be a surplus counted as cash on hand..and also improve ARPU by same %.
    and unless you have inside info,no one knows details of new GM deal,but Mel said it would significantly improve bottom line for SXM.
    Also XM is deal with GM and new updated filing shows 5 mil in inventory of radios sitting there,so expense of ramp up is accounted for already..
    excellent work Irish!

Enthusiast
    08-25-2009, 08:10 AM #65
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagogary View Post
    i read the posts everyday i rarely log in. you guys do a great job thank you i am a long siri. up up and away. thx relmor john et al
    Hey Gary,
    Welcome aboard from a fellow Chi-town native (grew up in Mortin Grove).
    Also long SIRI..

08-25-2009, 08:31 AM #66

thx for the welcome

love this board. lots of smart people. i live in itasca il (close to schaumburg)

go siri

Mentor
    08-25-2009, 08:41 AM #67
    Did they have to pay out royalty charges before, with no seperate revenue to help cover it? If so, then I fail to see how that doesnt affect your bottom line. Thats dollars they can now use to pay other bills. Huge benefit to having it. Why I said holding churn even was so important, and if they can do that, then they will record a profit very soon, regardless of whatever you think there OEM payments will be for Q3. As I said, it wont be as bad as usual, due to the lower need from Chrysler and Ford normall this time of year. Like I said, Chrysler has car dealer lots, that will never sell Chrysler again. They dont need new cars to be make to replace sold inventory, hence a bump in sub payments, vs. initial payments and hit to ARPU, from cash flow going out. If Im wrong to think this, explain how this is a "typical quarter", and that we should expect exactly the same type of metrics as last year on this issue.

Mentor
    08-25-2009, 08:45 AM #68
    Bassmaster, I use a lot of things to help. Price action, ranges, volume, charts, etc...
    PM action, level 2 action(not as reliable lately), etc..
    Trendlines arent a big priority in my charting. etc...
    If this trend stalls here, then I will use elliot wave theory as well, which incorporates fib retrace levels, etc...

Guru
    08-25-2009, 09:56 AM #69
    Tyler, I remember this being discussed before about an article that was put out that the new increase for subscribers because of royalty payments not adding to the bottom line because it is for royalty payments. I said then and relmor just said again, they always had these royalty payments, which were taken directly from the cash they used to make from the old revenue steams subscribers created. So how the hell is a possible 22 million extra a month not going to help the bottom line, when the payments for royalties always did but this new cash never did before. Now I know it may not appear for some time because of when it gos into effect for certain subscribers but come on.

Also I would like to know something Charles brought up before, about how the hell is an 8% charge on revenue for royalties equal an 1.98 charge to a subscriber that pays 12.95, or a 1 dollar charge for a sub that pays 6.99 to 8.99. That math just does not work out unless somehow they are going to get money back for the royalties already paid out. I mean the last time I checked 8% of 12.95 was 1.036 dollars. That does not even get into the fact that most get a less rate because of the type of contract they are in, so we really should use the ARPU of 10.66 which 8% is really only .85. Now I am not intelligent but some how when even the lowest plans royalty payment is a dollar, I have to question what is the extra money (15 cents per lowest subscriber) going for. Now I am not saying that SIRIXM is not following the FCC requirments on this but that they have found a way to add in other cost that include royalty payments, weather that be administration cost or what ever the hell else it is, it is most likely cost they had to pay on there own anyway before the new royalty increase.
    Last edited by john; 08-25-2009 at 10:00 AM.

08-25-2009, 10:01 AM #70
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    You just gotta love the number
    9.69 would be better . . .

Page 7 of 24 ... 5678917 ...