Page 18 of 24 ... 81617181920 ...
    Addict
    08-26-2009, 02:03 PM #171
    oh, and I forgot to mention.....the prices are way too high, especially in this recession. It's about the subs, not the hardware. I know they want to lower sub aquisition cost, but, I'm not sure I'm feeling pos vibes over hundreds of thousands plunking down over $100 for skydock. We'll see how it goes. Of course, if Apple cuts iPhone cost way down, could help sell skydock at that price. sure hope so.

Mentor
    08-26-2009, 03:18 PM #172
    Yes,your right it is confusing now,but when digested and calmed down later,we can read it better and understand it...
    Where the hell are the company press releases at?

Mentor
    08-26-2009, 03:21 PM #173
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    oh, and I forgot to mention.....the prices are way too high, especially in this recession. It's about the subs, not the hardware. I know they want to lower sub aquisition cost, but, I'm not sure I'm feeling pos vibes over hundreds of thousands plunking down over $100 for skydock. We'll see how it goes. Of course, if Apple cuts iPhone cost way down, could help sell skydock at that price. sure hope so.
    underway,remember with this Skydock,you don't need to have a big data plan for Satrad,most iphones you need to pay 100 a mon th or more to get all those free apps to stream on line stuff,this is 39.99 month phone plan and one time $120 for skydock then you have satrad radio in any car with out paying royalty to auto companies for using their radio's and SAC cost is Zero.

Addict
    08-26-2009, 03:27 PM #174
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Yes,your right it is confusing now,but when digested and calmed down later,we can read it better and understand it...
    Where the hell are the company press releases at?
    Good question. Tyler pulled some, but I'm not seeing them on aol finance site which usually has everything posted quickly. Strange.

I'm not so worried about all of us figuring it out....it's the marketplace that I'm concerned about. It's so confusing that do you have any faith that the knucklehead kid in Best Buy is going to be able to explain it all to a customer? I sure don't. I recall the time I wanted to buy my first sat radio and the kid at Best Buy sold me a boom box......and I didn't know till I got home and opened the damn thing, that it didn't come with the actual radio receiver! Add to that simple bit of 'moving parts' (the boombox needing plug in receiver and only 1 subscription option)..the current plethora of 'options'....whoa! "Do I, or do I not get MLB with this? But I thought there was only ONE sat rad company now? This makes no sense." Don't worry..you get MLB Homeplate.....just as good. Yeah right. It's this kind of stuff that dissuades customers from taking the plunge.

Head Honcho
    08-26-2009, 04:17 PM #175
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Good question. Tyler pulled some, but I'm not seeing them on aol finance site which usually has everything posted quickly. Strange.

I'm not so worried about all of us figuring it out....it's the marketplace that I'm concerned about. It's so confusing that do you have any faith that the knucklehead kid in Best Buy is going to be able to explain it all to a customer? I sure don't. I recall the time I wanted to buy my first sat radio and the kid at Best Buy sold me a boom box......and I didn't know till I got home and opened the damn thing, that it didn't come with the actual radio receiver! Add to that simple bit of 'moving parts' (the boombox needing plug in receiver and only 1 subscription option)..the current plethora of 'options'....whoa! "Do I, or do I not get MLB with this? But I thought there was only ONE sat rad company now? This makes no sense." Don't worry..you get MLB Homeplate.....just as good. Yeah right. It's this kind of stuff that dissuades customers from taking the plunge.
    The company issued the press releases to the press. It is the job of the press to get the info out there. I have gone to these events for years now, and was going to go today but decided against it in favor of being able to get the info out more quickly, (and I had a few big meeting today that i could not change). I will likely being seeing the hardware some time in the next two weeks. I like that because I am not competeing with hudreds of others surrounding the stuff today. It gives me more time to really tinker with these devices.

It is an XM sat service feed. Thus you will get MLB. If you want Stern or football you will need to get best of sirius.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    08-26-2009, 04:31 PM #176
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    The company issued the press releases to the press. It is the job of the press to get the info out there. I have gone to these events for years now, and was going to go today but decided against it in favor of being able to get the info out more quickly, (and I had a few big meeting today that i could not change). I will likely being seeing the hardware some time in the next two weeks. I like that because I am not competeing with hudreds of others surrounding the stuff today. It gives me more time to really tinker with these devices.

It is an XM sat service feed. Thus you will get MLB. If you want Stern or football you will need to get best of sirius.
    Tyler,i guess my question is if your a sirius sub with car radio,can you add this xm sky dock to the family plan?because otherwise your screwed if sirius sub and have i-phone with internet feed and you still can;t get howard or baseball unless you can add skydock xm feed as a family plan addition for 8.99

Guru
    08-26-2009, 05:22 PM #177

new radios

Still making xm and sirius radios separate? im dissapointed.

Not making the radios with longer recording capabilities? im dissapointed.

I don't see anything innovative in the radios..ill have to do some more reading but my initial take is peeuw.

08-26-2009, 05:25 PM #178

Media Report

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sirius XM Radio unveiled a dock on Wednesday that lets iPhone users listen to premium satellite radio programing, including shock jock Howard Stern, a feature missing from previous iPhone software.

The $120 XM SkyDock turns Apple Inc's iPhone or iPod Touch into a satellite radio receiver.

The dock, which will go on sale in the next few months, is powered through a car's cigarette adapter. It comes with technology that eases installation by tapping into the car's radio system. It also allows users to flag songs they hear and buy them via Apple's iTunes software.

Sirius XM hopes to boost its subscriber base of 19 million. It gets most of its new subscribers when people buy cars with satellite radio receivers built in.

The company debuted the dock at a product showcase in New York, its biggest since Sirius completed its acquisition of XM Satellite Radio last year.

Earlier this month. Sirius said it lost some 300,000 subscribers who buy their own radios in the second quarter. It gained about 120,000 users through car sales.

With auto sales slowing, Sirius would like to get some of the tens of millions of iPhone and iPod touch owners.

The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has granted preliminary approval to the dock.

Sirius' first bid for iPhone users came with a software application released in June that lets fee-paying users stream Sirius' Internet package of music and talk stations.

Satellite radio analysts and Internet enthusiasts balked when they discovered that premium content such as Major League Baseball, NFL Football and Howard Stern were not available.

Shares of the company, which earlier this year secured financing from John Malone's Liberty Media Corp to stave off looming debt problems, have risen sharply this month, after it raised its income outlook, citing cost cuts and a potential rebound in automobile sales.

The company on Wednesday also showed several new radios priced below $100, as well as a $150 tabletop model.

The stock traded at 65 cents a share, off 6.5 per cent on Wednesday on Nasdaq.

Guru
    08-26-2009, 05:26 PM #179
    well now i understand the separate radios, including the sky dock being only for xm...obviously to continue and exploit the best of programming packages to make money while the monopoly is on hold from raising rates...

true, smart move, but why not make all of the subs and people happy and make buying and subscribing as easy as possible?

another dud...

what do you think charles, maybe you said something above, i haven't read up yet...

Guru
    08-26-2009, 05:35 PM #180
    i can see making the ipod dock xm, that way their is no complaining over not getting baseball and football...and or howard...its all on xm...

Page 18 of 24 ... 81617181920 ...