Page 13 of 24 ... 3111213141523 ...
Results 121 to 130 of 237
  1. TSavery is offline
    Head Honcho
    TSavery's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 524
    08-25-2009, 06:56 PM #121
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I know, he said before that that was the reason he would not write Main page articles here at Sirius Buzz. He has made it clear before that, that is what he does. He will not say because he does not think it to be right that he uses other boards to bring readers to his articles. I think Tyler and him went to the same ethics school.
    A few things on this subject:

    1. Homer has been a respected participant in many sites over the years. He has no association with SiriusBuzz other than participating in forums here from time to time, much like all of you. SiriusBuzz is not his home site

    2. Homer has chosen to keep what he does, and who he works for private. I can respect that. I have spoken with, debated with, and conversed with Homer many times. I respect his desire for his privacy.

    3. Homer carries an opinion that sites such as this carry a strong responsibility. I agree with him. As a writer about the sector, I need to conduct myself in a way that steps above being a "message board poster". To that end, I tend to stay away from message boards these days. If I do post on one, I do not link back to my articles, or even discuss my site. It is about being proper, having class, and being reputable. I also need to make certain disclosures so that readers understand whether i may or may not have a motive for the content in what I write. If I write about the stock and trade the stock, readers deserve to know that. Homer believes that writers need to take extra steps in accuracy. I agree. If a writer tends to make mistakes, then that writer needs to take pause before publishing to verify facts.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

  2. john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    08-25-2009, 07:11 PM #122
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    A few things on this subject:

    1. Homer has been a respected participant in many sites over the years. He has no association with SiriusBuzz other than participating in forums here from time to time, much like all of you. SiriusBuzz is not his home site

    2. Homer has chosen to keep what he does, and who he works for private. I can respect that. I have spoken with, debated with, and conversed with Homer many times. I respect his desire for his privacy.

    3. Homer carries an opinion that sites such as this carry a strong responsibility. I agree with him. As a writer about the sector, I need to conduct myself in a way that steps above being a "message board poster". To that end, I tend to stay away from message boards these days. If I do post on one, I do not link back to my articles, or even discuss my site. It is about being proper, having class, and being reputable. I also need to make certain disclosures so that readers understand whether i may or may not have a motive for the content in what I write. If I write about the stock and trade the stock, readers deserve to know that. Homer believes that writers need to take extra steps in accuracy. I agree. If a writer tends to make mistakes, then that writer needs to take pause before publishing to verify facts.

    Thanks for reposting that comment Tyler. You think I like the fact I said this "I think Tyler and him" which should have been "he and Tyler".

    Thanks, you bastard I'll remember that.

  3. TSavery is offline
    Head Honcho
    TSavery's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 524
    08-25-2009, 07:13 PM #123
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    A few things on this subject:

    1. Homer has been a respected participant in many sites over the years. He has no association with SiriusBuzz other than participating in forums here from time to time, much like all of you. SiriusBuzz is not his home site

    2. Homer has chosen to keep what he does, and who he works for private. I can respect that. I have spoken with, debated with, and conversed with Homer many times. I respect his desire for his privacy.

    3. Homer carries an opinion that sites such as this carry a strong responsibility. I agree with him. As a writer about the sector, I need to conduct myself in a way that steps above being a "message board poster". To that end, I tend to stay away from message boards these days. If I do post on one, I do not link back to my articles, or even discuss my site. It is about being proper, having class, and being reputable. I also need to make certain disclosures so that readers understand whether i may or may not have a motive for the content in what I write. If I write about the stock and trade the stock, readers deserve to know that. Homer believes that writers need to take extra steps in accuracy. I agree. If a writer tends to make mistakes, then that writer needs to take pause before publishing to verify facts.
    How SiriusBuzz became engulfed in that debate is beyond me. I think things said on that thread were not accurate, and it was actually quite sad to see some of the things that were posted.

    Homer IS RIGHT. It is "adjusted EBITDA" no EBITDA There are many factors to consider in the financials, and unfortunately, many people never even bother to look.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

  4. TSavery is offline
    Head Honcho
    TSavery's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 524
    08-25-2009, 07:22 PM #124
    For The Record:

    1. I make every effort to maintain a level of accuracy in what I write. I do make mistakes from time to time, and am not afraid to acknowledge that.

    2. I make every effort to offer the level of my opinion. If it is speculation, I state that. If it is an opinion based on research, I express that. I try to ensure that people understand my opinions vs. facts.

    3. I do not trade SIRI. I have shares, but made the decision to cease active trading when I began to write about it. I do this so as to be free of my finances reflecting my opinion.....or even a perception that this may be the case.

    4. If I do trade the equity, I will disclose that fact, and will not publish work for three days prior or after my trade. I believe that ALL readers of a piece have a right to know if a writer is trading.

    5. SiriusBuzz exists along with many other sites. I think people should see various opinions and pieces so that they can measure the value of that writer.

    6. I will not self promote SiriusBuzz on any other site under any name. If my work is good, people will find it anyway.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

  5. SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,698
    08-25-2009, 08:13 PM #125
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    John, don't take this the wrong way, but I am really starting to enjoy your
    posts. Actually have been for a while. Wrong first impression of you. Either I'm toughening up or your softening up, either way I value your insights.
    Just please don't use your nasty words on me, I wouldn't be able to keep up.
    Besides, I couldn't handle it.

    Julie
    SHHHHHH you're gonna jinx it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  6. relmor2003 is offline
    Mentor
    relmor2003's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 1,937
    08-25-2009, 08:15 PM #126
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    relmor, You say that the site (Stawaves) is a good site because it gives people that invest or are interested in SIRIXM a place to go. Well so does the Yahoo message boards. The problem with the Yahoo boards is that the few good posters are drowned out and buried by all the crap that is put up after.



    P.S. I dont care about different IP names UNTIL the person uses those various names to agree with himself as Brandon has done in the passed and has most likely done now. You see the difference dont you.
    Yes. You make good points. I wasnt even mad at homer, in fact, if i could have deleted those posts, I probably would. Sometimes my emotions get the best of me. I just get mad this site would get discredited because of something Tyler did, or charles. Like Brandons site, or orbitcast, etc...

    If I had to use only products by moral owners though John, I dont think Id be using many products. I agree, when the product is information, it should be handled a little better, and with more credibility. But id still say if you only read brandons articles, you still get a better picture of the company, than Motely Fool, street.com, barrons, everything digital, and most other large media journalists. As for the other authors, they usually arent as speculative, or as contraversial. I think If you buy or sell off any one author, your not doing your due diligence though. So if i read an article by Tyler, Charles, Brandon, Gino, Jim Cramer, Rick A, Newman, Demian..etc.. I think I get a really good grasp of the company. NOw if i just read charles, i might be a bit negative. If i read only Brandon, I might submit myself to a padded room on all the back and forth. If I read only Rick A, i probably would never buy a share of it. Etc.. Same with Cramer. You get my point.
    Basically, Id rather see the outrage directed towards Cramer, and CNBC, and Rick A, and street.com, and everything digital for slamming, and lying outright about facts ,than I would a speculative journalist write ups on some blog site. To focus so much energy and attention on that issue, with all the other media issues surrounding this stock, especially with Homers background, seems like a waste. Im my opinon. But homer can do and attack when and where he wants, hence my regret for those posts, and why I would remove them if i could.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 08-25-2009 at 08:22 PM.

  7. SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,698
    08-25-2009, 08:22 PM #127
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    By the way, i refuse to chat on orbitcast in protest, because i hear they have a forum, but after 5 attempts to find it, i have given up. Link? LOL
    He use to have a forum, it was taken down quite a while ago... as far as I know.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  8. relmor2003 is offline
    Mentor
    relmor2003's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 1,937
    08-25-2009, 08:26 PM #128
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    A few things on this subject:

    1. Homer has been a respected participant in many sites over the years. He has no association with SiriusBuzz other than participating in forums here from time to time, much like all of you. SiriusBuzz is not his home site

    2. Homer has chosen to keep what he does, and who he works for private. I can respect that. I have spoken with, debated with, and conversed with Homer many times. I respect his desire for his privacy.

    3. Homer carries an opinion that sites such as this carry a strong responsibility. I agree with him. As a writer about the sector, I need to conduct myself in a way that steps above being a "message board poster". To that end, I tend to stay away from message boards these days. If I do post on one, I do not link back to my articles, or even discuss my site. It is about being proper, having class, and being reputable. I also need to make certain disclosures so that readers understand whether i may or may not have a motive for the content in what I write. If I write about the stock and trade the stock, readers deserve to know that. Homer believes that writers need to take extra steps in accuracy. I agree. If a writer tends to make mistakes, then that writer needs to take pause before publishing to verify facts.
    I saw Homer rip someone on SA the other day, I was very happy to see him out and about posting around. He is like a knife with his retorts, guts you, and goes right for the throat, exposes the lie, and gives you the facts. Excellent post on SA the other day. So he is getting around and using his knowledge more and more other than just attacking the Duke, whom he hates, lol.

  9. SiriMonkey is offline
    08-25-2009, 09:50 PM #129
    I hope this isn't a rerun, here is a good article on Motley Fool.


    http://msn.fool.com/investing/genera...hed=2009-08-25



    Julie

  10. MichGoBlue is offline
    Member
    MichGoBlue's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Ann Arbor MI Posts: 59
    08-25-2009, 10:07 PM #130
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    I hope this isn't a rerun, here is a good article on Motley Fool.


    http://msn.fool.com/investing/genera...hed=2009-08-25



    Julie
    I read this today too. Hopefully tomorrow's news can get it back in the 70's and give it a bump to start to push that Buck!

Page 13 of 24 ... 3111213141523 ...