Page 3 of 4 1234
    Addict
    08-19-2009, 09:48 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by tucknroll View Post
    S.O./Pocket Change.....continued GL....so why bash what is a penny stock(at the moment), seems to me you have greener fields awaiting
    Say that you were lucky enough to get in at .10. I give it to you, you are up 500%-600% in 6 months... But how much did you buy at .10 ? What was the risk ? The company traded at .10 before any BK issue was resolved... After BK it traded up to 0.25. If you got in after the BK issue got solved you are only 100%-125% up (you are beating the market yes, but other people got rich in the mean time).

Say you bought, 100K shares at .10. That is $10,000. You know have $57,000. Pretty good uh ? But tell me, what would have happened to the $10K if Siri had declared BK ? Ok it didn't and now you are sitting on $47K gains.... And it will probably grow to say $100K in 6 more months. Not bad uh ? But let me ask you this, how many of you bought $10K of shares at .10 and held on until today ? 1 person ? Most of the people her bought at $6, $7, $4 and have been averaging down... Meaning taking more risk !!!

Anyway, the issue is too risky for a buy and hold strategy and is worthless as an investment because it does not pay a dividend. For trading, it does offer some opportunities from time to time but you have to have deep pockets and be willing to risk large amounts of money.

That is why I bash... not the stock, its investors... or should I plainly say GAMBLERS ?
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 08-19-2009 at 09:51 AM.

Enthusiast
    08-19-2009, 10:46 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Anyway, the issue is too risky for a buy and hold strategy and is worthless as an investment because it does not pay a dividend. For trading, it does offer some opportunities from time to time but you have to have deep pockets and be willing to risk large amounts of money.

That is why I bash... not the stock, its investors... or should I plainly say GAMBLERS ?
    Well now.. my opinion is a little different.. Although I do a bit of short-term trading (and have done a number of SIRI trades this year on the ups and downs), I do believe that now is a good time to buy and hold SIRI. I put my money where I believe I will get a good return. I invest in some issues for short-term gain, and others for long term. During the past month, my strategy with SIRI has shifted from short to long, based in my belief that this issue will see $2-3 in the next 24 months. Am I wrong? Only time will tell.

About dividends.. I really like dividend issues for long term investment, but I must disagree that an investment (including SIRI) is "worthless" if it does not pay a dividend.

About gamblers.. in a very real sense.. we all are.

Just my humble opinion.

Guru
    08-19-2009, 11:59 AM #23
    yes i got burned out because of posts lololol are u still that dumb siriusowner? i got burnt out by WATCHING SIRIUS GO NOWHERE. had nothing to do with posters or this site i still follow this site i just dont follow sirius. grrr now ur gonna make me bash you again s.o.

beat him up already hopeful!!!

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    08-19-2009, 12:03 PM #24
    AHAHAHAHA nice to see you kicking around a bit tripp, words can only go so far man! Thanks for the support relmor and tripp!

Alright S.O. I will play along... How about you take a picture of you holding a sign that says Siriusbuzz next to your new boat or Camaro, you must be standing in the boat or have the drivers side door open of the Camaro? Speechless you will be and you won't be able to provide such a picture, I want it today otherwise I will assume you searched high and low in the city for a camaro parked on the street! Surely you will have a digital camera if 15,000 is pocket change to you...

Good luck, however I don't expect you to come up with the pic. You will probably come at me with some snide remark and call me the hulk again...
    Last edited by Hopeful; 08-19-2009 at 12:18 PM.

Addict
    08-19-2009, 12:08 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Say that you were lucky enough to get in at .10. I give it to you, you are up 500%-600% in 6 months... But how much did you buy at .10 ? What was the risk ? The company traded at .10 before any BK issue was resolved... After BK it traded up to 0.25. If you got in after the BK issue got solved you are only 100%-125% up (you are beating the market yes, but other people got rich in the mean time).

Say you bought, 100K shares at .10. That is $10,000. You know have $57,000. Pretty good uh ? But tell me, what would have happened to the $10K if Siri had declared BK ? Ok it didn't and now you are sitting on $47K gains.... And it will probably grow to say $100K in 6 more months. Not bad uh ? But let me ask you this, how many of you bought $10K of shares at .10 and held on until today ? 1 person ? Most of the people her bought at $6, $7, $4 and have been averaging down... Meaning taking more risk !!!

1 person? Count me as that person then since i bought 10,000 at .07, and 10,000 more at .08 and at .09 and .10. for a total of 63,000. i have held my 63,000 until this point. Not bragging just saying maybe there are more of us then you think. And no matter what why would you be spend time trashing such a good profit? Its one stock in a portfolio of many stocks and it was a good educated bet.

Enthusiast
    08-19-2009, 12:17 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Its one stock in a portfolio of many stocks and it was a good educated bet.
    Yes it was and good for you! Hang on long and I believe you will be richly rewarded!

Addict
    08-19-2009, 03:08 PM #27
    Thanks. The trickier part is to know when to get out. I will probably be holding at least through the end of this year unless some news comes along to change my mind.

Addict
    08-19-2009, 07:23 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    yes i got burned out because of posts lololol are u still that dumb siriusowner? i got burnt out by WATCHING SIRIUS GO NOWHERE. had nothing to do with posters or this site i still follow this site i just dont follow sirius. grrr now ur gonna make me bash you again s.o.

beat him up already hopeful!!!
    That's what you get for hanging out with losers....

Addict
    08-19-2009, 07:26 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    AHAHAHAHA nice to see you kicking around a bit tripp, words can only go so far man! Thanks for the support relmor and tripp!

Alright S.O. I will play along... How about you take a picture of you holding a sign that says Siriusbuzz next to your new boat or Camaro, you must be standing in the boat or have the drivers side door open of the Camaro? Speechless you will be and you won't be able to provide such a picture, I want it today otherwise I will assume you searched high and low in the city for a camaro parked on the street! Surely you will have a digital camera if 15,000 is pocket change to you...

Good luck, however I don't expect you to come up with the pic. You will probably come at me with some snide remark and call me the hulk again...
    Yeah sure, I'll go run to the freaking Corpus Christi and be back Ok ? Oh and BTW I'll call GM and tell them to hurry with my Camaro order because Hopeful wants a picture of it. What a moron.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 08-19-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Addict
    08-19-2009, 07:28 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    1 person? Count me as that person then since i bought 10,000 at .07, and 10,000 more at .08 and at .09 and .10. for a total of 63,000. i have held my 63,000 until this point. Not bragging just saying maybe there are more of us then you think. And no matter what why would you be spend time trashing such a good profit? Its one stock in a portfolio of many stocks and it was a good educated bet.
    You said it, good educated bet. I do not bet my hard earned money... I trade 20 bills for 100's.

Page 3 of 4 1234