Page 63 of 77 ... 1353616263646573 ...
    08-14-2009, 09:02 PM #621
    Sandy, Im in Cleveland, there are a couple of places here, the most accessible is whole foods, who sell so much coffee that they always have a great selection of stuff roasted that day. My GF lives in columbus and there is a great coffee roaster there called stauff's coffee roasters that i love going to. It is probably a lot like your place. They have some $50-$100/lb coffees that i just cant bring myself to purchase. Maybe some day when i refine my palate a little more.
    Thanks for the info, i didn't even think of my popcorn popper. The place i get all my homebrewing (beer) stuff from, williams brewing, sells about a dozen different green beans.
    My sister just moved to wilmington NC this past weekend. I am visiting her in october, i will have to stop on my way through.

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 09:20 PM #622
    aren't we 4/4 on this thing...

hopefully, friday evenings don't count - ie. people are getting boozed up and it only takes 5 charts to get a big cloud. I wish QASP closed a tick or two higher though... candle isn't too reversely (new word)... hopefully we have an inside day on mon, or something.

Guru
    08-14-2009, 09:38 PM #623
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    aren't we 4/4 on this thing...

hopefully, friday evenings don't count - ie. people are getting boozed up and it only takes 5 charts to get a big cloud. I wish QASP closed a tick or two higher though... candle isn't too reversely (new word)... hopefully we have an inside day on mon, or something.
    Hey Dave,

QASP is looking good on there! Maybe something will happen on Monday. It definitely will before the 28th. There is just no way in Hell that it won't go up. I am just sitting here in my study watching football and the computer.

Guru
    08-14-2009, 09:49 PM #624

washed truck with spng

Whoyah, check it out, shinin' nice. I was really impressed with the car wash and wax sponge. There was no bucket of dirty water to contend with and no sloppy of a rag over the car. Just run water over the sponge until its soaked and then wash the vehicle, very simple and was WAY faster than normal. It delivers the perfect amount of water and soap to the vehicle and leaves a perfect shine. Just doing some DD!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (64.4 KB, 7 views)

Guru
    08-14-2009, 10:18 PM #625
    I think they need to split that thread into intraday for traders, and notintraday for longs... likely less fights that way. When I first logged on, I assumed the thread, based on the name was for strictly traders, ie. no reason a long term person should watch ticks all day... a daily chart is used for timing, but its the monthly/weekly they should look at, not where the price is every 15 mins. Anyway, I left a brief reply, but I don't want to argue over there.
    its not that bad, its just because we are watching one particular stock and have been doing so, many of us, for 6 or more years. The longs just read what the traders have to say for entertainment, and the traders should listen to the longs most of the time because they have been watching how news affects the stock. For the last 2 or 3 years siri hasn't traded "normal" at all.

They are all good people there too, it hasn't been heated over there since the split up of SB and SW when Brandon and Rick left to go over start satwaves, they took with them a lot of the arguments with the people here.

Guru
    08-14-2009, 10:25 PM #626
    Here's an extra bit of TA - when you see a big ass triangle like this, and you are looking for it to break up or down, sometimes the price will turn around near the middle of the price range and head to the end its going to break on... ascending triangles are bullish usually, and here the price has paused in the middle, possibly heading up... now the extra bit - draw a fib retracement from the last low that hit the triangle, and the last high - in this case, its the upper trendline - you want to see the reversal preferably at the 61.8% level. That's where this weeks candle opened. So, early in traders TA traders like lansing would actually go in now, looking for the upside breakout. Now to the elliots and retracements... some traders will wait for a close after the price makes a breakout, ie. buy as its passing the line - TA traders like bulkowski... then after it breaks, often there is a retest (but if there isn't you've missed the boat)... the retest is usually the line, in some cases, wehre there wasn't an internal pullback to that 61.8%, you'll get the retest in the pattern, usually about that level. The retest is usually a point in the elliot wave or a corrective wave on the upswing, the more cautious TA players, like raschke play this one... anyway, i noticed that lansing is looser with stops, as he gets in earlier, while the latter two seem to be tight with them. TA for the day... LOL
    DD your sick! LOL

I just jammed moving averages down my throat today and they finally make sense, now...im am totally afraid of everything you said here....I...just...don't...want...to...know...that stuff.

Guru
    08-14-2009, 10:29 PM #627
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    no need to google map this penny. just turn on a baseball game and you will see the company name plastered on every stadium. legit company, legit product easily found. just wish i had about 10-15k free to drop on this one right now.
    im thinking if you can scrounge up 5k it could become 15k for ya...

Addict
    08-14-2009, 10:39 PM #628
    That doesn't sound like it will make the stock rocket.
    I didnt post it as a pump, news is news and you have to know the good news and the bad so who ever is involed can make informative decision........

Guru
    08-14-2009, 10:48 PM #629
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    I didnt post it as a pump, news is news and you have to know the good news and the bad so who ever is involed can make informative decision........
    Right on Tony. You are a good man. Honest news is honest news...good or bad.
    Last edited by billhart22; 08-14-2009 at 10:51 PM.

Head Honcho
    08-14-2009, 10:54 PM #630

Stock To Watch

Okay guys, I have a stock to watch.

Hasbro

1. The company did not get caught up in the lead paint scare last year, and thus consumers trust the brand.

2. I have seen two movies with my kids that Hasbro helped produce, and they plaster their name on these movies. TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE.

3. Hasbro will profit from the movies.

4. Hasbro will profit from DVD's sales

5. Hasbro will profit from toy sales.

In my opinion, Hasbro has entered a very big stage in that they are more heavilly involved in big time movies, and the launch their marketing in a very smart way. Transformer toys at McDonalds, GI Joe at Burger King. Kids will love the movie, and want the DVD and the Toys.

I do not own the stock, but likely will soon. (after I do some research on the charts, and volume history)
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder