Page 72 of 77 ... 22627071727374 ...
    Guru
    08-15-2009, 02:05 AM #711
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    i actually expected you music guys to be honoring les paul tonight.
    That news broke my heart. He played a Les Paul and a Trademark 21 60 Watt amp. I have one of the last Trademark 120's that are not made anymore. Twice as powerful. It is the best stage amps in the world (solid state). I loved Les Paul..May he rest in peace. He created a sensation. My heart goes out to him.

Mentor
    08-15-2009, 02:06 AM #712
    off to bed...gn everyone.

Guru
    08-15-2009, 02:07 AM #713
    the quality is amazing. i think this conversation has gone a little to far..LOL
    Nah, speak freely..just don't screw yourself up.

Guru
    08-15-2009, 02:08 AM #714
    Out of here..good night.

Addict
    08-15-2009, 02:24 AM #715
    btw ill be in amsterdam in a few weeks. its actually great being a poker player. i get to stay at peoples (other poker players) houses most of the time when i travel abroad. its soo much better than being a tourist. just live in amsterdam like a local. I CANT WAIT!!!!!
    I use to do teak work on cruse ships and I had a job to do in malta off the cost of Italy... their was a flight embargo on libia and every one who wanted to leave had to take the ferry and leave through malta...I was at a club with this maltese kid from the ship yard and he wanted to introduce me to someone that he knew that wanted to meet someone from america....

The kid say your from america... i said ya...I said where are you from, he said well guess but your country dosent like us...I said i dont know ..he said kadafee, i said o libia...I told him my friends worned me if i ran into someone from their i could have a problem...i told him I would like to go home and tell them that i met someone from libia and had a good time partying...well we started dropping shots of something in the maltese beer and the next thing you know we were dancing with all the girls around us and having a really great time...He ask me if i smoked and i said ya..he said i'll be right back...when he came back he handed me a big piece of black lebinese hash..
    I could wait to get back to the hotel and check it out.. I was a supervisor on a cunard cruseship job with about 25 men from the US scattered living in little shacks threw out malta.. but i got to stay in the same hotel as all the big shots from cunard cruse lines....This is where i met my wife, her family was doing all the remodeling in the cruise ship cabins and knew a few big shots from cunard so they were staying there too....anyway i got back to the room on the next day after work scrouge up a pin and a glass and a straw...put a piece of hash on the pin lit untill it was on fire put the glass over it and when the oxygen burned out the glass would fill with smoke put the straw under the glass and boom what a hit you would get.......my wife now who was a 23 girl i met from norway and i was suppose to meet me for dinner was banging on my door for over a hour when i was late to meet her...i finally herd her banging a woke up and remember still being all ****ed up still like 3 hours after i did the hit......... those were the good old days!
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 08-15-2009 at 02:28 AM.

Guru
    08-15-2009, 02:35 AM #716
    off to bed...gn everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Out of here..good night.
    ditto, zzzzzzzzz

Mentor
    08-15-2009, 03:37 AM #717
    tony, moroccan blonde is my fav. its cool you know how to do the glass and straw routine. i mostly use with tobacco tho , its more portable and the aroma is actually pretty good.

great story. living in the mediteranean is awesome.. im getting ready to get a house built on the adriatic coast (same thing)....

Mentor
    08-15-2009, 04:19 AM #718

Hasbro

ok, i admit , i couldnt sleep. since its the first time tyler posted something here that i saw. i was eager to check out his rec for the watchlist.

HASbro, and what a pick it is. the charts are screaming BUY BUY BUY..the only problem for me is its in the 25-30 dollar range and i would need about $125- 250k to play this one. dont let that scare you, i just have high standards..LOL thats why i play pennys with 5- 10k each

daily chart. this thing went on a nice run in july and has held its gains so far. trading in a tight channel that is slightly uptrending. it managed to survive a long legged doji after that run. there also appears to be a golden cross aproaching.

the weekly chart is the one that got me mesmerized. that one to me is a little more telling. i am a heavy buyer at $23.75. i just dont know if itll hit since it broke that channel. i also buy at EOW closes of 28 and 30 - . didnt look at indicators yet, maybe over the weekend. the only thing that puzzles me is the constant barrage of reversal signals that havent confirmed. but perhaps with the fundamentals tyler brought up, it becomes a battle between chartologists and fundamentalists. i actually wish the charts would win this one as a lower buy in would be more profitable. it may fill the gaps, i would hope it does as that would set up an amazing display. and timed with christmas season , improved economy, film success and a convergence of the 50 and 200 . what else can you ask for?

what you think DR d , and what do you think of playing the options on this one?
    Last edited by bassmaster; 08-15-2009 at 04:27 AM.

Mentor
    08-15-2009, 04:51 AM #719
    Hah! Bass - you're a stock addict!!!!

I'll look at it closer tomorrow.. just got home. If I remember right though, it was kind of cup and handlish, but with the lows rising in the handle.... usually a weaker sign, but we'll look at it. Sounds like a good place to park some extra money if you had it, which I kinda don't... I have so many charts flying thru my head, I may be thinking of another one... but, manana...

Mentor
    08-15-2009, 08:35 AM #720
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post
    Hey Tib, though a Raven fan over here I will be watching tonight. My boss lives in Co. and is a huge Denver fan. He travels here every other week and all we talk is football. I'm also consumed by my fantasy league so I try to watch as many games as possible and Denver could be interesting this year as well as the 9ers. I think Hill will get the job over Alex Smith this year.
    I hope you are right atm, the sentiment around these parts is just the opposite which is baffling to me ... I mean the guy has not one but 2 wide open receivers and he still throws it at his big toe ...

Apparently I dozed off before half time, woke up after all the blood had drained out of my arms, sending my body into some sort of panic ... Who won? I still don't know ... Not that it matters in these glorifed practice drills ...

Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Check this out. I am 60 years old. People used to buy pot in a Prince Albert tin tobacco containers. It had a lid on the top. It cost $5. The term "Lid" came from the lid on the tin tobacco container. Take it from there sportsfans!

How much does pot cost now for an ounce or an eighth? I don't have a clue. How much does a kilo cost?
    Too damn much Bill! I have a close ...associate that is hooked on it like it's crack and though I quit many years ago, it's still running about $30 for an 1/8th, $60 a quarter ... I think. Besides, the potency is off the scale, even ten years ago it was like taking acid to me ... I personally hate the stuff now for what it can do to people, to their brains ... can really screw up a marriage, a life, finances. Legalize the stuff? Yeah, brilliant! More stupidity is just what we need ... OK, enough of my rant ... the casual user ... not necessary to go there. I get it, smoked the stuff daily for a good 20 some odd years. But the lid thing ... Never knew that! We have come a looong way from the days of Mohicain (sp) and Colombian Gold ...

Some good reading on back track this morning, shoot even Tyler is watching this space? Would love to hear your take on the pennies and all us crazies. Been reading your stuff for awhile, even on SA .. you used to cover my company at times in days gone by ... if I recall correctly.

Just about ready to give the local Ford dealership a piece of my mind. Not happy with the shenanigans over the Ford Focus purchase a couple weeks ago. I take all and full responsibility for the outcome, unequivocally. What is trying my nerves is the playing off the wife just being there mentality and this annoying sales guy by the name of "Majik" (Imagine my luck ...) who's overriding concern and constant harping was on making sure he got a good grade on the customer survey .. to the point of even sending a "Thank You" post card with more of the same gibberish, "Please call me first, blah, blah, blah ... if you have any concerns" Oh, are you going to get me better financing after the fact ... lower the price when you "couldn't" the day of the deal? They pissed me off playing off the wife and manipulating the credit reports, I have one showing a 736 score (which I showed them) and they come up with another agency showing a 686 something ... that's a huge disparity, besides I didn't need their stupid loan in the first place - just needed a couple more days to clear my account after sellling some co. stock ... Dang! I wrote all this here? Well, now I can just cut and paste it I guess. I'm an idiot, in hindsight I should have sent the wife off for a coffee after deciding on the car she wanted - A warning to future car buyers, don't do what I did! What's worse is I know better, I haggled for 8 hours when I last bought my JEEP ... Read a good book on how these guy's operate, studied my butt off before hand.

Got DirecTV coming in today to preform the exorcism on Comcast, hoping it's not too bloody ...

Page 72 of 77 ... 22627071727374 ...