Page 78 of 78 ... 2868767778
    Mentor
    08-09-2009, 09:52 PM #771
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    That's funny, Dave, I was just kidding with him. I re-read it after you posted this post and it didn't sound quite so nice or humorous, so I edited it for the 32nd time. So there you go! A free post! Nail this one on the wall!
    lol, I knew you were joking - I thought it was just funny to add to the numbers here.

Guru
    08-09-2009, 10:12 PM #772
    Ha all, good stuff.

frick it was steamy today, musta been relmor.

dd, thanks for the gratuitus post.

cleveland should be good this year, good for a romping that is, lol.

Guru
    08-10-2009, 08:48 AM #773
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    John,
    You make some very good points. But, I think the recovery is going to be spurred on by two things. First of all, these incetives are helping. Secondly will be spending by people like me. I haven't lost a job or any income and yet I'm not spending because of the "what if" factor. I'm feeling better about my future, so I'm starting to slowly spend again. I don't think I'm alone in this mentality. Hopefully we all will start spending again, but just not as crazily as we used to spend.
    And I'm not sure about that Foreign Company thing. I'm an American, I own stock in Toyota. I'm an American, and when I went to buy a new truck a few weeks ago, Toyota was the most American made truck I could buy. Go figure John, a Foreign Company makes the most American made truck I could find.....That company employees Americans. I don't think that's a bad thing at all.

Not to get political on this thread but what was all the MSM (except FOX) saying about the economy? Thats right they were saying the economy was terrible, even though all the metrics were saying something different. Listen when unemployment was at 4.9% the MSM was saying that the economy is in the crapper, now I know people have short term memories but when the unemployment was at 4.9% and almost everyone was saying the economy is in the crapper then at 9.4%, simple common sense tells people that the economy surely is not better then before.

As for the "Foreign Company thing", I have explained this before many times. First and fore most it is a foreign company so all the profits go to that company and back to the country where they are from. There is little to no profit in production.

Addict
    08-10-2009, 09:48 AM #774
    Why would you think it bad that people are buying cars now as opposed to later. Think about all the people in the car chain of employment. It is giving them all a badly needed boost at their lowest moment.
    You mean you dont like the govt giving out money except to all those industries YOU like. Sorry also to drag the political here but John originally said about this subject in the political section that he didnt like the program because the govt didnt have the money.

Guru
    08-10-2009, 11:20 AM #775
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Why would you think it bad that people are buying cars now as opposed to later. Think about all the people in the car chain of employment. It is giving them all a badly needed boost at their lowest moment.
    You mean you dont like the govt giving out money except to all those industries YOU like. Sorry also to drag the political here but John originally said about this subject in the political section that he didnt like the program because the govt didnt have the money.

lloyd Handwerker, go back a few post and look at what I said on this the first time and if you still dont get it, that is your problem and you cant be helped by me reposting what I already have again.

Page 78 of 78 ... 2868767778