Page 70 of 78 ... 20606869707172 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    08-07-2009, 10:19 AM #691
    back over .50!

08-07-2009, 10:23 AM #692
    I disagree. I think the takedown already happened. There has been plenty of time to digest q2 info and I don't think we will see any significant slide downward from here on out IMO.

08-07-2009, 10:29 AM #693
    I just set a bid for 13000@0.46. I don't think there is a chance to see it back to low 40s.

Addict
    08-07-2009, 10:33 AM #694
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp View Post
    I disagree. I think the takedown already happened. There has been plenty of time to digest q2 info and I don't think we will see any significant slide downward from here on out IMO.
    I agree. It should be stable at around .50, perhaps down to high .40s, but that's it, barring big overall market drop, or horrible SIRI specific news. Any pos news by the company between now and next CC should push SP up towards .60, then there will be big run up prior to next CC, anticipating good news on a full turnaround and positive subs. IMHO.

Addict
    08-07-2009, 10:34 AM #695
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlucksirius View Post
    I just set a bid for 13000@0.46. I don't think there is a chance to see it back to low 40s.
    don't think you'll get this one filled today.

Mentor
    08-07-2009, 10:34 AM #696
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlucksirius View Post
    Good luck with that one. It feels to me like we are setting a base at the .50 level. We've had pretty good volume at that level today so far.

Guru
    08-07-2009, 10:55 AM #697
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    I agree. It should be stable at around .50, perhaps down to high .40s, but that's it, barring big overall market drop, or horrible SIRI specific news.
    don't forget there is probably alot of new investors in siri that don't know about the R/S and the delisting notice coming in september. Thats going to make headlines. It needs to be over .60 to stay over .50 when that happens, again imo, and i know nothing. im not saying they are going to happen, itll just be in the headlines.

08-07-2009, 11:00 AM #698
    But don't they have an entire year to get the sp above a buck before they become delisted? Or did I hear Mel incorrectly? If that is the case, a notice in September means nothing since the sp will be over a dollar in less than a year so long as they follow the current progress.

Mentor
    08-07-2009, 11:06 AM #699
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    don't forget there is probably alot of new investors in siri that don't know about the R/S and the delisting notice coming in september. Thats going to make headlines. It needs to be over .60 to stay over .50 when that happens, again imo, and i know nothing. im not saying they are going to happen, itll just be in the headlines.
    This delisting thing is really not such a threat.

Here is why I don't think it is a big worry right now.

I own stock in the Meade Telescope Company. MEAD

It has traded on NASDAQ under a dollar for over a year now. So, using that as a quide, I think we have quite awhile before we have to worry about SIRI being delisted.

Addict
    08-07-2009, 11:08 AM #700
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp View Post
    May be that .50 will be the new .40, and with any luck we will sit here bouncing up and down a penny or two until the short supply is exhausted and then creep upward to the next level. Of course everyone's wish is that the upside of the Q2 report is realized for its actual integrity and the sp rockets closer to $1 and beyond where it belongs, but there is still too much negative pressure that I think will hold it down. but not drive it back to .40... Although I may be alone in this, I do think that the scrutiny Sirius is receiving can actually (theoretically) be a good thing (if you can imagine that!). The greatest point of resentment I hold, however, is that this same over analysis is not common to ALL companies. There is a multitude of companies that are trading at absurd times their value and potential that simply do not deserve even a fraction based on their actual performance. It begs the question "do these analysts and reporters share the same brain that is void of any IQ or unique thought?" It would be to their benefit to go against the grain and base their opinions on hard fact to greatly improve the quality of their occupation with the benefits spilling in all directions. The problem is that there is very little entertainment in hard fact. Contrived controversy and drama grab attention much better than the boring truth. Tabloid reporting is a disease that has infiltrated every facet of our society, polluting our minds with the filth of lies and manipulation causing us to think and act irrationally as a result. I have been so absolutely disgusted with the media, not only with the way it has handled Sirius, but the economic crisis in general. It has been nothing short of media terrorism and laws should be enforced to make anyone who publishes a piece of news that misrepresents the facts or truth in any way should be held completely liable no matter who they are or how powerful they may be.
    YOU hit the nail on the head..it is so pathetic the way the MSM handles all news...especailly negative news...they are starving for bad news to slant.

Page 70 of 78 ... 20606869707172 ...