Page 10 of 78 ... 891011122060 ...
    Guru
    08-04-2009, 10:06 AM #91
    https://www.nextinning.com/subscribe...p?refer=prn857

NI Technology Updates Outlooks for Cisco Systems, Avnet, Sirius XM Radio, and Towerstream
    9:58a ET August 4, 2009 (PR NewsWire)
    Next Inning Technology Research (http://www.nextinning.com), an online investment newsletter focused on semiconductor and technology stocks, announced it has updated outlooks for Cisco Systems (Nasdaq: CSCO), Avnet (NYSE: AVT), Sirius XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) and Towerstream (Nasdaq: TWER).

Editor Paul McWilliams has helped his subscribers generate huge returns on undervalued tech stocks in 2009. Out of the 80 stocks highlighted in his Undervalued Tech Stocks reports, 23 have produced returns greater than 70% and 12 have more than doubled year to date. All of these were ranked as either good "strategic" or "speculative" buys. The average return for all stocks ranked as either "speculative" or "strategic" buys was 66%, more than ten times the meager 6% return realized on stocks he suggested that investors avoid.

When asked what he saw differently, McWilliams said, "Picking the trend change was easy; there were very clear indicators we would see a rally start the week of March 9(th). However, picking the best stocks to own and those that should be avoided requires knowing not only the companies and the quality of their management teams, but understanding trends in technology well enough to explain them in simple terms."

Keeping things simple and direct is precisely what McWilliams does for Next Inning readers. To enjoy a free 21-day, no-risk sample of McWilliams picks and pans, please visit the following link:

-- What does a balance sheet analysis reveal about the potential opportunities and pitfalls of an investment in Sirius XM?

Guru
    08-04-2009, 10:08 AM #92
    break .49

Guru
    08-04-2009, 10:10 AM #93
    through .49

Mentor
    08-04-2009, 10:11 AM #94
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    And, you mention 'one time charge'. do you know of a large one time expense that is expected? I thought that was behind us last quarter....
    thanks....
    There are at least (3) 1-Time charges I will be watching for:

1. Charges due to debt restructuring/refinancing
    2. Charges due to execise of options granted as part of employee incentive
    3. One "open" payment related to launch of Sirius Satellite on 6/30

# 2 above is really semi-recurring as employee stock options are vested/exercised so I am not sure how that is treated for accounting purposes other than to know that it must be expensed in the Income Statement at the time the options are exercised.

# 3 above will cause JohnnyIrish to be feverishly texting a rebuttal post from his sand-chair on the North Wildwood Beach; It is unclear how much of a charge remains toward payment of that satellite/launch. Also, Homer985 pointed-out that the timing of the charge is also uncertain as it was July 1 in Kahzikstan (sp?) where the sat was launched but June 30 in the U.S. So this charge could show up in Q3 if not here . . Mel is guiding to EBITDA only.

Mentor
    08-04-2009, 10:17 AM #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    There are at least (3) 1-Time charges I will be watching for:

1. Charges due to debt restructuring/refinancing
    2. Charges due to execise of options granted as part of employee incentive
    3. One "open" payment related to launch of Sirius Satellite on 6/30

# 2 above is really semi-recurring as employee stock options are vested/exercised so I am not sure how that is treated for accounting purposes other than to know that it must be expensed in the Income Statement at the time the options are exercised.

# 3 above will cause JohnnyIrish to be feverishly texting a rebuttal post from his sand-chair on the North Wildwood Beach; It is unclear how much of a charge remains toward payment of that satellite/launch. Also, Homer985 pointed-out that the timing of the charge is also uncertain as it was July 1 in Kahzikstan (sp?) where the sat was launched but June 30 in the U.S. So this charge could show up in Q3 if not here . . Mel is guiding to EBITDA only.
    I think they will charge it to whatever quarter they want. We just dont know yet. I think they would hold off till Q3, when revenue will be significantly higher.

Guru
    08-04-2009, 10:17 AM #96
    is that a shooting star pattern?

Guru
    08-04-2009, 10:21 AM #97
    nasdaq showing high of .50 **fireworks**

Mentor
    08-04-2009, 10:21 AM #98
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I think they will charge it to whatever quarter they want. We just dont know yet. I think they would hold off till Q3, when revenue will be significantly higher.
    or . . . they could say . . . lets just get the bad stuff (neg subs) behind us at one time to avoid the drip-drip-drip of the media and have a clean blockbuster Q3

Addict
    08-04-2009, 10:22 AM #99
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I recall that one of the launches was already paid for, just don't know which one. There was a Sirius launch coming up and an XM launch. One of the two just happened in Russia, and the other is with SeaLaunch which is in a few months. One was already paid in full. SeaLaunch filed Chapt 11 recently, but I think will survive after restructure.

Guru
    08-04-2009, 10:23 AM #100

Page 10 of 78 ... 891011122060 ...