Page 18 of 78 ... 816171819202868 ...
    08-04-2009, 03:52 PM #171

stock

Up Up and away up .07 before the close what will tommorow bring??? To be honest with you just enjoy today cause i think the stock may go back down into the 40's tommorow and hang there for awhile!!! True the car sales are getting better but that happened before the 2nd quarters earnings come out so i expect subs to be down BUT i expect cash flow to be positive!!!

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    08-04-2009, 03:52 PM #172
    Quote Originally Posted by TnTmadness View Post
    I am pretty new to this site but today is driving me crazy! I sold my 18,000 shares the other day on advise from "Professional" traders and I am going nuts today. I have seen a lot of ups and downs the past few months and I did make a profit but I really liked the potential of this stock and now I do not know what to do. I have always been taught to buy and hold because I would loose my shirt chasing stocks. My wife did not want to sell the stock but we listened to the advise anyway. Is there others that are waiting for a pullback and what level do you think it may pull back to?

thanks,
    Ted
    I say buy today! I have been buying each day. Just 5000 shares at a time. But, it's a great way to average your way to the top. This is a good company with a good product. It's not really a penny stock, so investing for the long haul is a good idea. You can make profit along the way by selling on the dips, and I do that a lot. But, eventually this stock should be back up to the 4 or 5 dollar range.
    But, since I'm a candlemaker, I have wax in my brains, and so there really isn't a good reason to listen to a word I say....

08-04-2009, 03:53 PM #173
    If you think it is going to go down that fast would it make sense to short sell the stock? I have not done a short sell before but I know a lot of people use the tool. My account is not set up for this but it would make sense to do this because this seems like it has gone up to fast. It does not feel right to me. (Maybe it is because I am pissed).

Guru
    08-04-2009, 03:59 PM #174
    Quote Originally Posted by TnTmadness View Post
    If you think it is going to go down that fast would it make sense to short sell the stock? I have not done a short sell before but I know a lot of people use the tool. My account is not set up for this but it would make sense to do this because this seems like it has gone up to fast. It does not feel right to me. (Maybe it is because I am pissed).
    thanks for the reminder, yes, many will be shorting it because of the runup, checks and balances, yin and yang

Mentor
    08-04-2009, 04:01 PM #175
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Personally i think the EBIDTA is wearing on people and thats not going to be enough to make a difference, plus its been said here that EBIDTA isn't a good metric anyway.
    Those who disregard EBITDA are not fitting the other puzzle pieces together . . it is not a standalone metric;

EBITDA may be instructive, though not controlling, relative to its correlation to GAAP profit

If the Company guides-up to $400mm EBITDA on Thursday . . the correlation to potential full-year GAAP profit can no longer be ignored; the analysts sitting at $0.75-$1.00 targets have already factored it in . .

Guru
    08-04-2009, 04:02 PM #176
    Quote Originally Posted by SD-08 View Post
    We had a low of .39 on 5/4 to a high of .55 only 3 days later on the 7th with 3 days of volume over 350 mil. That seemed much more dramatic than this.

Also, less than 2 months prior to that we were in the teens......very dramatic move in 60 days...........

NOW, things are CLEARLY better for SIRI and we're having trouble reaching the pre cc highs that we hit last time????????

Something is different
    the pre CC high was the day before the call, and it hit .53, we hit .54 and cleared it easily 2 days before the call. If you see a gap up in the morning I suspect it will, then we should see a few cents higher tomorrow than todays close.

Guru
    08-04-2009, 04:04 PM #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Those who disregard EBITDA are not fitting the other puzzle pieces together . . it is not a standalone metric;

EBITDA may be instructive, though not controlling, relative to its correlation to GAAP profit

If the Company guides-up to $400mm EBITDA on Thursday . . the correlation to potential full-year GAAP profit can no longer be ignored; the analysts sitting at $0.75-$1.00 targets have already factored it in . .
    i guess i expect that they will guide up on it, however, the lost subs and this one time charge for the debt giving us negative earnings for the Q will override.

Head Honcho
    08-04-2009, 04:06 PM #178
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Clear channel.
    What does that article have to do with SiriusXM ads being on Clear Channel? I am severely missing your point.

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Just picking on your Pandora being true competition to SIRIXN point of view.
    Which is fine but, I am not following you... I don't how any of this relates to the article I posted. The article was about how Pandora is growing so quickly that they have to outsource their ad sales and Clear Channel (terrestrial radio) stepped in to supplement their ad sales force.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-04-2009, 04:07 PM #179

stock

After hours i already down .0048 could that mean something??? I hope not i do agree this company has the potential for the future but losing subs does not help so i say tomorow when looking at this stock be very careful of what u wish for!!!

Guru
    08-04-2009, 04:14 PM #180
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    What does that article have to do with SiriusXM ads being on Clear Channel? I am severely missing your point.

Which is fine but, I am not following you... I don't how any of this relates to the article I posted. The article was about how Pandora is growing so quickly that they have to outsource their ad sales and Clear Channel (terrestrial radio) stepped in to supplement their ad sales force.

Charles it was to mess with you but just forget it.