Page 6 of 78 ... 456781656 ...
    Head Honcho
    08-03-2009, 07:21 PM #51
    Hey everyone....

2 special edition radio shows this thursday. Read the article, and let me know what you think of the idea.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

08-03-2009, 07:34 PM #52
    I like the idea of that Tyler

Head Honcho
    08-03-2009, 08:12 PM #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Tyler/Roc . . why is Google not running the Palin article through it's news menu??

showing dated material from 7/31

You just need to sort the news results by date and you will see that it is there; http://news.google.com/news?um=1&ned...=all&scoring=n

Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    Hey everyone....

2 special edition radio shows this thursday. Read the article, and let me know what you think of the idea.
    How are you going to listen to the call and talk about it at the same time?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    08-03-2009, 08:53 PM #54

What could be good news?

Hello all. I have been thinking about the the positive things that should come out at this weeks CC. We have all expressed our frustration in the past with what seemed to be an anemic marketing effort from SXM. I think that is over and here is why:

1. The iphone app released and heavily downloaded
    2. Strong sales push in the dealer used car market ( I am anxious to hear these numbers)
    3. Significant campaign for existing on the road SatRad units that are lying dormant.
    4. Billboards in key metro areas
    5. Rosie coming onboard
    6. Renegotiation of GM contract (Hopefully the lifetime per radio number has been lessened or deleted.)
    7. Broader instal into Toyota

The one that really excites me is number 3. Lets just say that since 2000, 40 mil vehicles have been installed with Satrad. (Someone correct me if I am way off. I could not find any hard numbers to confirm)
    Given there are 19 mil subs, we will just say they all have auto installs. That leaves 21 mil dormat rads out there waiting to be turned on. The promo I recieved was 6 mos for $4.99 per month. So $30 bucks. I jumped on it. When I called the cust care, I asked if they were busy with the promo. He said yes it was busy. So lets just say it was 5% busy. If SXM direct marketed 21 mil possible sales and received a 5% response, that is over $31 mil in the next 6 months. Now factor in it looks like that there will be a 750,000 boost in new auto sales, with probably 80% of those with Satrad and the stage is set for a sub boost now until the end of the year.

Nothing but exciting prospects ahead. I just hope Mel gives some metrics to support my theory.

Mentor
    08-03-2009, 08:55 PM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post

Hmmm, this is a little perplexing . . are you going to stream the conference call through Sirius Buzz Radio so we do not need to make the link through the Sirius XM site??

Mentor
    08-03-2009, 09:07 PM #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    3. Significant campaign for existing on the road SatRad units that are lying dormant.
    to your point . . .

Mel K

"so obviously we are aware that we have an awful lot of radios that are out there that have the radio in them, and there’s opportunities for our shareholders to monetize those in the future . . . we are aware that we always have the ability to light up some of these radios. We do it from time to time to try to recapture some of them as subscribers"

Mentor
    08-03-2009, 09:13 PM #57
    You just need to sort the news results by date and you will see that it is there
    but if you click this link:

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:SIRI

which is where a Sirius XM stockholder would most likely go for up-to-the-minute news briefs . . . that article does not appear to scroll-through the sandwich board to the right of the chart . . other SB articles have hit there quickly but not this one?

in fact . . the last title to cycle-thru there was the Q2 preview from July 21 . . the Moritz and Palin pieces should definitely have been cycled-thru . . would have picked-up nice hits

that's where you need to pop-up in the news-flow (no searching required) to get the hits on the article . . imo
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 08-03-2009 at 09:20 PM.

Head Honcho
    08-03-2009, 10:08 PM #58
    You just need to sort the news results by date and you will see that it is there; http://news.google.com/news?um=1&ned...=all&scoring=n

LOL....It will be tricky, but I will make it happen. In essence, having the 10Q released ahead of time gives me the agenda for the call. Thus, while certain things are happening, I will be able to comment.

I will be playing the call in one ear, and broadcasting with the other.

Are you going to join me on the show?
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Guru
    08-03-2009, 10:16 PM #59
    How soon do you think the ad supported channels on XM that are run by Clear Channel will be turned on in the cars that don't pay a sub (Pink for instance)

Guru
    08-03-2009, 10:19 PM #60
    Did everyone see that the after hours high was .49....it was for 250 shares.

and around 200k+ shares traded at .48 to close AH.

Tomorrow should be fun.

Page 6 of 78 ... 456781656 ...