Page 68 of 78 ... 18586667686970 ...
    Guru
    08-07-2009, 08:16 AM #671
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post

Go Green.
    Go White!

08-07-2009, 08:17 AM #672
    May be that .50 will be the new .40, and with any luck we will sit here bouncing up and down a penny or two until the short supply is exhausted and then creep upward to the next level. Of course everyone's wish is that the upside of the Q2 report is realized for its actual integrity and the sp rockets closer to $1 and beyond where it belongs, but there is still too much negative pressure that I think will hold it down. but not drive it back to .40... Although I may be alone in this, I do think that the scrutiny Sirius is receiving can actually (theoretically) be a good thing (if you can imagine that!). The greatest point of resentment I hold, however, is that this same over analysis is not common to ALL companies. There is a multitude of companies that are trading at absurd times their value and potential that simply do not deserve even a fraction based on their actual performance. It begs the question "do these analysts and reporters share the same brain that is void of any IQ or unique thought?" It would be to their benefit to go against the grain and base their opinions on hard fact to greatly improve the quality of their occupation with the benefits spilling in all directions. The problem is that there is very little entertainment in hard fact. Contrived controversy and drama grab attention much better than the boring truth. Tabloid reporting is a disease that has infiltrated every facet of our society, polluting our minds with the filth of lies and manipulation causing us to think and act irrationally as a result. I have been so absolutely disgusted with the media, not only with the way it has handled Sirius, but the economic crisis in general. It has been nothing short of media terrorism and laws should be enforced to make anyone who publishes a piece of news that misrepresents the facts or truth in any way should be held completely liable no matter who they are or how powerful they may be.

08-07-2009, 08:21 AM #673
    10k bid @ .4605...down 3cents premarket and the dip yesterday in the morning was to .46. IF the MMs push this thing back down I am grabbing another 10k...hopefully in high 30s. GLA

Big Ben

Guru
    08-07-2009, 08:22 AM #674
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    fightin real hard to push thru $0.54 . . real hard
    i broke down and moved half my order up to .46, looks like its stalling pre market in the .51 range, in a downward movement after bouncing off .54. I assume .46 must be the next support if .51 fails? But remember i know nothing.

I'll keep checking in but not as often, gotta catch up at work...

08-07-2009, 08:34 AM #675
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...086_835663.htm

Business week article released last night. It's amazing to me how a
    journalist can take the same figures and twist them to reflect his
    own point of view. It is not at all objective, it's an editorial. Reported
    loss of 186,000 subs this quarter, last quarter 400,000, STILL NOT A
    HOPEFUL SIGN. If that's not hopeful, than what in the hell is?

Julie
    May be that .50 will be the new .40, and with any luck we will sit here bouncing up and down a penny or two until the short supply is exhausted and then creep upward to the next level. Of course everyone's wish is that the upside of the Q2 report is realized for its actual integrity and the sp rockets closer to $1 and beyond where it belongs, but there is still too much negative pressure that I think will hold it down. but not drive it back to .40... Although I may be alone in this, I do think that the scrutiny Sirius is receiving can actually (theoretically) be a good thing (if you can imagine that!). The greatest point of resentment I hold, however, is that this same over analysis is not common to ALL companies. There is a multitude of companies that are trading at absurd times their value and potential that simply do not deserve even a fraction based on their actual performance. It begs the question "do these analysts and reporters share the same brain that is void of any IQ or unique thought?" It would be to their benefit to go against the grain and base their opinions on hard fact to greatly improve the quality of their occupation with the benefits spilling in all directions. The problem is that there is very little entertainment in hard fact. Contrived controversy and drama grab attention much better than the boring truth. Tabloid reporting is a disease that has infiltrated every facet of our society, polluting our minds with the filth of lies and manipulation causing us to think and act irrationally as a result. I have been so absolutely disgusted with the media, not only with the way it has handled Sirius, but the economic crisis in general. It has been nothing short of media terrorism and laws should be enforced to make anyone who publishes a piece of news that misrepresents the facts or truth in any way should be held completely liable no matter who they are or how powerful they may be.

Addict
    08-07-2009, 08:41 AM #676
    Obviously, the street reaction to this CC is significantly better than last quarter. But, we still have a lot of msm and others who doubt the viability of the fundamental biz model (paid subscriptions to radio vs. 'free' ad supported radio). That is what's pressuring this stock. In earlier posts I was sure this good report would entice real money investors back in. But we are in the rock and hardplace spot right now.....with SP < $1, the big money funds can't invest due to their own rules. Add that to the doubters of the fundamental biz model, fueled by msm 'hit pieces', and we sit at a plateau or maybe a little decline. I thought we'd break out now, but perhaps we will have to wait for true profitability and some sub growth to prove the biz model will work in the future. Mel mentioned new products to be released very soon, so that could help revitalize sub growth. IMHO.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    08-07-2009, 09:10 AM #677
    Ok, here we go. I am ready for another great day of fun watching this thing. Yesterday was good. We held on in the fifties. The news wasn't all bad. This is actually rather exciting.

My guts tell me that we may not drop too far back into the 40's again. I feel like we're establishing a new bottom and now we can start looking up.

This forum has been really helpful. I've been a SIRI investor for many years. And is great to have you guys and Julie to bounce ideas off of.

Good luck to everyone today!

Addict
    08-07-2009, 09:19 AM #678
    Yes, don't think we're gonna drop to the 40s, or if we do, it will be high 40s and only briefly. The whole market was red yesterday, so, SIRI actually did ok. Even Ford retreated despite the 'good' news of renewal of 'clunkers' bailout renewal. I think we can climb, but as I said in prior post, will probably not truly see a breakout until next Q earnings release which will hopefully show sub growth. With financials improving, that's the real perception issue that needs to be addressed: company can grow top line by adding subscribers, proving demand for the service.

Addict
    08-07-2009, 09:21 AM #679
    I sense unwinding of the naked short selling and a big move higher on no news, similar to AIG.

Shorts wil start panicking soon if the stock doesn't give back after all the negative press put out over a positive report.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    08-07-2009, 09:29 AM #680
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    I sense unwinding of the naked short selling and a big move higher on no news, similar to AIG.

Shorts wil start panicking soon if the stock doesn't give back after all the negative press put out over a positive report.
    Interest concept SI. I'm all for a big move

Here we go!

Page 68 of 78 ... 18586667686970 ...