Page 7 of 78 ... 567891757 ...
    Guru
    08-03-2009, 10:31 PM #61
    Market overview for today
    4:15 pm : Better-than-expected economic data helped to bring about broad-based buying, which took the S&P 500 to fresh highs for the year and helped it close above the psychologically significant 1000 mark for the first time since November.

The ISM Manufacturing Index made its seventh straight increase by coming in at 48.9 for June. While the sub-50 reading still connotes contraction in the manufacturing sector, the reading was still better than what had been expected.

Construction spending data for June made a surprise 0.3% increase. It was expected to fall 0.5%. The data was released at the same time as the ISM, so the pair of pleasing reports helped to fend off an early challenge from sellers, who had actually halved the stock market's opening gains.

Emboldened buyers helped to prop up the broader market, but materials stocks provided the most leadership and saw the richest gains. The sector's 3.5% advance was helped along by a sharp rise in steel stocks (+6.5%) and diversified metals and mining stocks (+8.0%).
    http://finance.yahoo.com/marketupdate/overview?u
    Last edited by imromo24; 08-03-2009 at 11:04 PM.

Enthusiast
    08-03-2009, 10:58 PM #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    to your point . . .

Mel K

"so obviously we are aware that we have an awful lot of radios that are out there that have the radio in them, and there’s opportunities for our shareholders to monetize those in the future . . . we are aware that we always have the ability to light up some of these radios. We do it from time to time to try to recapture some of them as subscribers"
    Exactly. My thought is at $4.99/mth is this something that they have always done "from time to time"? Given the hefty GM per radio "forever royalty" that is part of the contract would this really be a feasible promotion? If this $4.99/mth promotion has not taken place before then I would speculate that the GM renegotiation significantly lowered the per radio royalty.

If so, it will mean a large boost in bottom line revenue. When did they renegotiate the contract? June?

08-03-2009, 11:34 PM #63
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Did everyone see that the after hours high was .49....it was for 250 shares.

and around 200k+ shares traded at .48 to close AH.

Tomorrow should be fun.
    Hi Romo,

Your('re) up late tonight!

Julie

Head Honcho
    08-03-2009, 11:37 PM #64
    but if you click this link:

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:SIRI

which is where a Sirius XM stockholder would most likely go for up-to-the-minute news briefs . . . that article does not appear to scroll-through the sandwich board to the right of the chart . . other SB articles have hit there quickly but not this one?

in fact . . the last title to cycle-thru there was the Q2 preview from July 21 . . the Moritz and Palin pieces should definitely have been cycled-thru . . would have picked-up nice hits

that's where you need to pop-up in the news-flow (no searching required) to get the hits on the article . . imo
    The moritz pieces are opinion vs. opinion. It does not come as a shock to me that they were not picked up. The Palin piece is speculative, so again, perhaps they decided not to pick it up. It is interesting what they do and don't pick up.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

08-03-2009, 11:48 PM #65
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    Hey everyone....

2 special edition radio shows this thursday. Read the article, and let me know what you think of the idea.
    Hi Tyler,

It's going to be a great show. I'll be listening.

Julie

Head Honcho
    08-03-2009, 11:59 PM #66
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post

Are you going to join me on the show?
    Unfortunately I will be working but, I will be sure to listen in.

that's where you need to pop-up in the news-flow (no searching required) to get the hits on the article . . imo
    You figure out Google's algorithm and we'll get all of our articles on that page! There is no rhyme or reason to which articles wind up on that page imho. I have seen short articles about our radio show get up there but a 20 paragraph article about an earnings report get passed over.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

08-04-2009, 12:02 AM #67
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Charles, You have a life outside of Sirius Buzz?
    What a concept!

Julie

I think I just reached 400 posts. Will I be receiving
    my free toaster in the mail soon?

Mentor
    08-04-2009, 12:03 AM #68
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    How soon do you think the ad supported channels on XM that are run by Clear Channel will be turned on in the cars that don't pay a sub (Pink for instance)

here's what Mel K says:

"Thanks for the question romo. We currently have zero plans to have a free advertising driven service. We like our business model and we think that the subscriber revenue is a very important part of it, though we do reserve the right, obviously, as years go on and as more and more subscribers are out there to consider having an advertising driven business, separate and apart, as well."

ok, well he really didn't mention you by name romo . . I made that up; the rest, however, is pure mel as only he can spin a sentence . . but he was probably thinking of you . . .

Mentor
    08-04-2009, 12:25 AM #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    When did they renegotiate the contract? June?
    Sometime in Q1

Mel from Q1 CC:

"I would also like to mention that we have executed a new contract with General Motors, extending our agreement until 2020 with very improved economics for us. We will continue to review each contract we have with talent, distribution, or automakers to ensure the best arrangements for all of our stakeholders, particularly shareholders and listeners."

Guru
    08-04-2009, 01:10 AM #70
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post

You figure out Google's algorithm and we'll get all of our articles on that page! There is no rhyme or reason to which articles wind up on that page imho. I have seen short articles about our radio show get up there but a 20 paragraph article about an earnings report get passed over.
    Hey Charles,

When you figure out Google's algorithm out, please let me know. They suck to the nth degree with websites. I had them figured out for a long time, but am suffering now..

Bill

Page 7 of 78 ... 567891757 ...