Page 1 of 7 123 ...
    Guru
    07-31-2009, 07:37 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Friday and weekend 07-31-09

Payday! literally, but if you have a job, not because your('re) invested in sirius xm.

Good morning all....suggestion time:

I suggest we go back to a weely SIRI thread instead of the daily, it seems a lot of good discussion is being snapped because of the start of the new day. For instance last week there was a good technology discussion going that broke at the end and wasn't continued to the next day.

Also, since the BK scare and debt dealings their(ere) hasn't been a whole lot of news.

The weekly thread was first started because the comments section under the articles was generating alot of discussion off topic to the article but good for general sxm investing. Then with the BK scare there was so much posting in the weekly thread that we had to go to a daily because the pages were huge.

Also, alot of discussion happens after i go to bed and quite frankly I don't put the effort to copy and paste from yesterday to today to make a comment on that, and its hurting my post count, lol, jk. but seriously, the night discussions are good and aren't being continued by the day timers.

Please consider going back to a weekly thread? Maybe starting monday we can post a weekly thread and Charles you can help us by deleting/merging/whatever if someone starts a tuesday thread. If im way off let me know.

Guru
    07-31-2009, 07:42 AM #2

Autonation

Mike Jackson (i think was his name) on CNBC from Autonation just said that he thinks the cash for clunkers was/is an excellent stimulus.

They saw 36% increase in traffic.

The credit scores of the people coming in were higher than usual.

He thinks that without it there is still a recovery coming to 13, 14 even 15 million vehicles soon and doesn't feel that 17 million is required, 13, 14 mill will be very profitable.

He said a lot of the buyers aren't even using the cash for clunkers, it was just a way of getting them back to the dealerships, confidence booster.

07-31-2009, 08:22 AM #3
    last day for me in the real world. that being said I'd like to hear what you think siri will do for 9 days ahead of right NOW.! As in what it will peak at so I can set a sell point. I'm somwhere in the 60's .

07-31-2009, 08:23 AM #4
    Good Morning Romo and All

Happy Friday, last day of July! Big day in bank biz, I'll be
    busy today.

Romo, I totally agree with you. A daily thread is too much.
    Weekly would be great. My most inspired posts occur late
    in the night, when most of you wimps, I mean guys, are in
    bed.

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!

Julie

Mentor
    07-31-2009, 08:53 AM #5
    Julie

You answered my question in yesterdays thread...thank you! Sounds like we are going to be seeing/hearing nice suprise for 3rd qtr...I think that 2nd qtr will ho-hum!

Have a great day!

Enthusiast
    07-31-2009, 09:06 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mypearl View Post
    last day for me in the real world. that being said I'd like to hear what you think siri will do for 9 days ahead of right NOW.! As in what it will peak at so I can set a sell point. I'm somwhere in the 60's .
    Let's see, I'm shaking the Magic "8" Ball...okay...wait a sec, not the answer I want...shaking it again...no, no...that ain't it either. Oh wait, here ya go..."Reply hazy, try again".

I don't know what the hell that means either.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    07-31-2009, 09:20 AM #7
    If we were going to see a pump and dump situation....it should have started by now. And it doesn't seem to be happening.

With only a few days until the quarterly report, I would have thought the price would have been a bit higher than it is.

So, what do you all think about this? Does it feel like a great time to sink 5 or 10K into SIRI and let it run up to .50 and dump it? Or do you think the big run up and then let down isn't going to happen? For those of us that are really long, the slow run up is good. But, if it dumps, we may be missing a wonderful money making opportunity.

Guru
    07-31-2009, 09:36 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mypearl View Post
    im betting that you should set a buy at .35, so since im always wrong, I have heard if we break .50 then .63 is our next stop

where are you going?

Head Honcho
    07-31-2009, 10:32 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Please consider going back to a weekly thread? Maybe starting monday we can post a weekly thread and Charles you can help us by deleting/merging/whatever if someone starts a tuesday thread. If im way off let me know.
    I am fine with that, but its up to everyone else around here. I was always a fan of the one weekly mega thread since the forum software is smart enough to dump you into the thread at the point of the last post you read.

Anyone else want to chime in?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    07-31-2009, 11:03 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    If we were going to see a pump and dump situation....it should have started by now. And it doesn't seem to be happening.

With only a few days until the quarterly report, I would have thought the price would have been a bit higher than it is.

So, what do you all think about this? Does it feel like a great time to sink 5 or 10K into SIRI and let it run up to .50 and dump it? Or do you think the big run up and then let down isn't going to happen? For those of us that are really long, the slow run up is good. But, if it dumps, we may be missing a wonderful money making opportunity.
    Hi candleman,
    Here's how it played out just prior to the release of the 1st quarterly report on May 7:
    April 30 closed at .39
    May 1 closed at .39
    May 4 closed at .40
    May 5 closed at .47
    May 6 closed at .53
    May 7 closed at .43
    May 8 closed at .41
    So, if the pattern repeats, then we should see a good run up starting aroound Monday, followed by a decline after the 2nd quarterly report.

Will the pattern repeat? I hope so, but who knows? Does anyone here think we'll run up again prior to August 6? Thoughts? Opinions?

Page 1 of 7 123 ...