Page 2 of 5 1234 ...
    Guru
    07-30-2009, 11:12 AM #11
    maybe just maybe???

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Motoro...&asset=&ccode=

Helped by deep cost cuts, Motorola Inc. on Thursday posted an unexpected profit for the second quarter after several quarters of losses, and said it expected things to keep improving this year.

Guru
    07-30-2009, 11:15 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Good Morning everyone.Think getting less than 1% of savings in synergies as a raise over 4 years total is NOT UNFAIR,total saved =400 mil so far..

In a sub based bussiness model this kind of raise for a President of a $3 bil rev company is not out of line,also stock options like this are an incentive to raise the SP for everyone if he makes money from it..
    I'll agree with anyone that provides a good argument...well, still, i just think its bad "business" IMO. Not gonna hurt the company, probably help, just wish they could make an under the table deal or make him a promise to double it once things are better.

Guru
    07-30-2009, 11:17 AM #13
    but...then again...maybe this raise is a hint at the health of the company...which better be evident aug 6th

Mentor
    07-30-2009, 12:56 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    but...then again...maybe this raise is a hint at the health of the company
    romo . . that is my take on it as well . . look for a surprise at the CC

back-of-my-mind, however, this may not bode well for the company's future with Howard Stern

but hey, look . . XM has what, 7mm subscribers with no Stern

john/163888 may be right on this . . subscribers came for Stern but will stay for the overall quality of content

Greenstein being re-upped thru '13 may be a smoke-signal to Stern

Mentor
    07-30-2009, 01:04 PM #15

little housekeeping

the grammar check I posted to fah-fah fooh-hi yesterday was done strictly tongue-in-cheek (in case anyone didn't get the humor) to make the point that grammar/spelling correction is a very slippery slope for all of us that we should not go down . .

when I read these posts I try to visualize the discussion as an oral debate rather than written text . . under those circumstances, the difference between "your" or "you're" or "there," "they're" or "their" is irrelevant and I am able to judge the post on its substance

people come to this site for substantive info on Sirius XM . . not for a course in grammar, language usage or syntax . . there are other sites for that.

If grammar and spelling really bother you that bad . . their (ha) is probably a pill for that!

my 2 cents.

Mentor
    07-30-2009, 01:10 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    the grammar check I posted to fah-fah fooh-hi yesterday was done strictly tongue-in-cheek (in case anyone didn't get the humor) to make the point that grammar/spelling correction is a very slippery slope for all of us that we should not go down . .

when I read these posts I try to visualize the discussion as an oral debate rather than written text . . under those circumstances, the difference between "your" or "you're" or "there," "they're" or "their" is irrelevant and I am able to judge the post on its substance

people come to this site for substantive info on Sirius XM . . not for a course in grammar, language usage or syntax . . there are other sites for that.

If grammar and spelling really bother you that bad . . their (ha) is probably a pill for that!

my 2 cents.
    Of course S-Kill,took it no other way and your right about the grammar and spelling,as i type with 2 fingers pecking like a bird with no bird seed in sight.....

Guru
    07-30-2009, 01:10 PM #17

Greenstein being re-upped thru '13 may be a smoke-signal to Stern
    was greeny an XM guy?

Enthusiast
    07-30-2009, 01:40 PM #18
    romo . . that is my take on it as well . . look for a surprise at the CC
    Hello there Roadkill. Just curious.. What kind of a surprise are you anticipating, and why?

Perhaps you have already discussed this previously, and if so, excuse me. I'm new to this forum..

Best regards,
    Paul

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    07-30-2009, 01:48 PM #19

Guru
    07-30-2009, 02:24 PM #20
    this is an exciting stock for the most part, ok not really. But every 30 days or so it gets exciting, lucky for us its been about 30 days since the last time it was exciting.

look at the past history, when we ran up from .17 we smacked into .42 alot and then back down. So, we have smacked .63 while we were in the .30's maybe we smack .80 soon and settle in the .60's

I know that would be exciting to me.

Page 2 of 5 1234 ...