Page 5 of 5 ... 345
    07-31-2009, 12:33 AM #41
    [QUOTE=just sirius;43972]Julie

What is your take on OEM sales...is your bank seeing an increase in financing requests for new cars?

Hi Just Sirius,

Because I don't work closely with anyone in loans, I can't speak for them as
    far as new car financing.

What I can speak about is what I have observed from my side of banking.
    I take deposits for several area dealerships, Ford's being the largest. Today
    I took a deposit for that dealership that was more than double what is was
    previously, last month. The deposit was for over a quarter of a million, and
    he generally comes in daily. I spoke to the finance manager and he said they
    are swamped. Driving by there on the way home from work, I can attest
    to that, there is a lot of activity.
    All good signs for a recovery. By the way the Ford Dealer owner drove in with
    a new Lincoln, awesome car.

After all that, I hope I answered your question.

Julie

Enthusiast
    07-31-2009, 12:40 AM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Hi Paul . . . welcome aboard!

Really just speculative conjecture on my part but I am hoping that the net subscriber losses in Q2 will have been less-worse (which of course is the new good) than expected due to growth in other revenue streams . . .

Alternatively . . . might not be a sub story at all but maybe continued expense-side improvement which moves-up EBITDA guidance once again (that is probably where the surprise could come).

Of course there will be some "one-time" expenditures such as debt refinancing and exercise of stock options that will impact the bottom line (and possibly (I throw that in for Irish) a cap-ex charge related to the Sirius Satellite that was just launched on 6-30/7-1 depending which time zone you correlate your expenses to (ha - thanks Homer))

Anyway Paul . . . I'm thinking that a raise to Greenstein at this point would either have to be incredibly bad timing, or, a show of strength based on a better than expected Q . . . I'm taking the counterintutive interpretation and betting that the raise to Greenstein is a bullish indicator.

Lets touch base again on the 6th to see how it turns out . . .
    Thanks for the welcome, Roadkill. I'm glad to be part of this group. Thanks also for your commentary. I track SIRI on a daily basis now and am wondering where the stock price is headed as we approach the quarterly report. I'll share my strategy with you.. I just started investing in SIRI this past January. Have made a few trades, basically buying in the .30s and selling in the .40s. Realized about 7K doing this.. I'm holding 73K shares right now with an acquired value of .385/share. I'm planning to sell if we hit .45 or greater prior to the 6th, then re-acquire after the 6th, as I believe we'll decline again afterward. At that point, my strategy will be to buy in big and wait for the next quarter. Maybe do the same for a couple of more quarters, or until I believe holding for the long term is the best bet.

I do not believe that we will see any solid and sustained increase in SIRI stock until first or second quarter 2010.

Anyway, that's my strategy. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Hmmm. Affer midnight here in GA! Hitting the sack. Good night all!

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    07-31-2009, 01:54 AM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    If I was lucky enough to be where you are right now I'd hop in a zodiac and go do some whale-watching in the sound . . . you've got some of the most beautiful natural vistas there . . take a break til 8/6 and go enjoy that cool fresh air

p.s. honeymooned in Victoria circa 1991
    Hey Roadkill,

Thanks for the compliment about where I live ! It is a very nice place and I try to make it down to the beach everyday with my dog, I love it here and couldn't picture being anywhere else!

Thanks for visiting in 91! Would you ever consider moving here since you liked it so much? Come be Canadian eh, think aboot it! Ahahahaha, where do you live?

Enthusiast
    07-31-2009, 11:45 AM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    whynot

Just got more information...news is actually good...they could have already sold 250,000 vehicles that the program was funded for...they are so back logged... it will take them several days to determine the outcome. Possible 250K vehicles already sold for 3rd qtr...with penetration rate of 50+%...could be 125k subs(promo) already in the bag.
    I hope you're right sir and that we get million's in OEM sales for the clunker program!

I just think that: the economic recovery, all the recent upgrades, close proximity to profitability, cost saving synergies and all of the other great stuff SIRI has going on will outshine the clunker deal.

I'm LONG and Strong on SIRI Friends!!! (BEHL too......get in there if you haven't already!).

Cheers,
    -Whynot

Mentor
    07-31-2009, 12:54 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by proactiv View Post
    I just started investing in SIRI this past January. Have made a few trades, basically buying in the .30s and selling in the .40s. Realized about 7K doing this.. I'm holding 73K shares right now with an acquired value of .385/share. I'm planning to sell if we hit .45 or greater prior to the 6th, then re-acquire after the 6th, as I believe we'll decline again afterward. At that point, my strategy will be to buy in big and wait for the next quarter. Maybe do the same for a couple of more quarters, or until I believe holding for the long term is the best bet.

I do not believe that we will see any solid and sustained increase in SIRI stock until first or second quarter 2010.

Anyway, that's my strategy.
    Hey Paul . . . I'm ENVIOUS . . wish I had done the same!

Anyway, a good guy to follow in these forums for the contrarian side of your strategy is john (make sure i'ts john with lower-case j)

john would be the first to give you a stern lecture about playing with your whole position on an interim trade and then be caught having to chase it up

but then again . . your cost basis is so low anyway that you could just close-out your position and just walk away if you didn't want to chase

Good luck with the trades . . just watch-out this time; we may not get that big pullback pattern after the CC . . the pros are always screwing with us retailers . . lol

Enthusiast
    07-31-2009, 03:20 PM #46
    I'm just buying.....screw the dips and profit taking, but I see why others enjoy it.

I TRULY believe this will be worth $5.00 in a few years, so I'm buying and holding for the long haul.

I want to have 200,000 shares at under.75 avg pps by the end of 2009......and I'm well on my way.

Cheers,
    -Whynot

Page 5 of 5 ... 345