Page 18 of 77 ... 816171819202868 ...
    Mentor
    07-28-2009, 06:59 PM #171
    Bill,

Did DKAM show up on your active screen? I'm still waiting on a pump. It's Nasdaq BB.

Dave
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 07-28-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Mentor
    07-28-2009, 07:17 PM #172
    For you high rollers Buffett types that play stocks greater than $1, PACR may be on the move... lot of volume today.

Guru
    07-28-2009, 08:58 PM #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Bill,

Did DKAM show up on your active screen? I'm still waiting on a pump. It's Nasdaq BB.

Dave
    It didn't hit the most actives, but it is sure starting to look like a pump and dump....as I say....starting to look like one. Its previous hours of trading could cause a misleading read at the end of the day. Were you expecting it to take off early or later in the day?

07-28-2009, 09:01 PM #174

fishing for backtesting ideas

Im just kind of fishing for some backtesting ideas if anyone has any. I run them on the usual suspects (BEHL MGLG BCLE SPNG OCNF INTG MILL SIRI BNPD IFSL QASP) and I get a readout of how my ideas perform. So far im doing pretty poorly. I just need something, an indicator of any kind that would cause you to buy or sell. For example:
    Buy on gap up(daily), sell after 3 consecutive hourly increases.
    or: Buy on Volume above yesterday, Sell on 15 minute 8bar RSI drops below 60.
    These were both pretty major losers

I just found out it has formulas for most of the common candlestick patterns, so those can be included. Wanna see a mathematical representation of a bullish doji star???

(Bar[High,D,1] + Bar[Low,D,1]) / 2 < ExpMovingAverage[EMA,Close,10,0,D,1] AND (Bar[High,D,1] - Bar[Low,D,1] > (Bar[High,D,1] + Bar[Low,D,1]) / 2 * .015 OR Bar[High,D,1] - Bar[Low,D,1] > ((Bar[High,D,2] - Bar[Low,D,2]) + (Bar[High,D,3] - Bar[Low,D,3]) + (Bar[High,D,4] - Bar[Low,D,4]) + (Bar[High,D,5] - Bar[Low,D,5]) + (Bar[High,D,6] - Bar[Low,D,6])) / 5 * .75) AND Bar[Close,D,1] < Bar[Open,D,1] AND (Bar[Open,D,1] - Bar[Close,D,1]) > (Bar[High,D,1] - Bar[Low,D,1]) * .5 AND Bar[Close,D] < Bar[Close,D,1] AND Bar[Open,D] < Bar[Close,D,1] AND (Bar[Close,D] - Bar[Open,D]) / Bar[Open,D] <= .001 AND (Bar[Open,D] - Bar[Close,D]) / Bar[Open,D] <= .001 AND (Bar[High,D] - Bar[Low,D] <= (Bar[High,D] + Bar[Low,D]) / 2 * .015 OR Bar[High,D] - Bar[Low,D] <= ((Bar[High,D,1] - Bar[Low,D,1]) + (Bar[High,D,2] - Bar[Low,D,2]) + (Bar[High,D,3] - Bar[Low,D,3]) + (Bar[High,D,4] - Bar[Low,D,4]) + (Bar[High,D,5] - Bar[Low,D,5])) / 5 * .75)

Mentor
    07-28-2009, 09:02 PM #175
    Thanks a bunch Bill -

I'm looking for it to just take off in the next few days - they have to report soon, should be really bad, but also, they actually got their act together and got the new product out. I'm just looking to sell at even or a profit on a run up. I just noticed that they made a decent candle today on good volume - better than some of the latest run ups.

Guru
    07-28-2009, 09:03 PM #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Hey Bill and the rest of you Guys,

Wow MGLG and EVFL both finished green for me today....mabe its a start...
    Im also holding IFSL, BCLE, ASFX and SIRI...just when I thought I was out you guys pulled me back in (from the Sopranos)..........im gonna leave these alone for a while with the exception of Siri.... Gonna roll the dice on the 6th with the possibility of dumping half of the load and maybe make a few dollars.
    I talked with Mr Behl this morning on Gmail (do you believe it or what whatever he touches turns to gold...God bless Him) and Tripp tried to get me also on Gmail but I didnt see him until later.....anyway keep up the good work and talk at you soon....you know where to find me....Tony

PS..The movie shoot was good...It was filmed in Rockefella center..It was a spin off movie from Forgetting Sarah Marshall, in that movie her new boy friend was Russell Brand who now is making his own movie as a rock star.. We were just extras in the background only about 20 of us so it should be good, we should get some screen time... it was Me, my Wife, my Daughter, my son and his friend...
    Hey Tony,

I guess you will be easy to find in there. Just look for the good-looking Italian Stallion with his family and one extra kid.

I like your line from the Sopranos...Yes, Mr. Behl has the midas touch. He is incredible. That is the reason I got into EVFL. He recommended it, but don't hold him responsible for whatever happens other than thanking him if we win.

Mentor
    07-28-2009, 09:04 PM #177
    What do you see in the level II that makes it look like a possible positive - more buy orders than sell? I don't really use (haha, make it don't) level II.

Guru
    07-28-2009, 09:06 PM #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Thanks a bunch Bill -

I'm looking for it to just take off in the next few days - they have to report soon, should be really bad, but also, they actually got their act together and got the new product out. I'm just looking to sell at even or a profit on a run up. I just noticed that they made a decent candle today on good volume - better than some of the latest run ups.

Good candle, but look at the spike there...it is very sharp...I would really be prepared if I owned it for tomorrow morning. If it spikes up more I would sell and be prepared for it to fall on its ass. Just my thoughts. What kind of product are they selling?

Mentor
    07-28-2009, 09:07 PM #179
    Quote Originally Posted by thetree View Post
    Im just kind of fishing for some backtesting ideas if anyone has any. I run them on the usual suspects (BEHL MGLG BCLE SPNG OCNF INTG MILL SIRI BNPD IFSL QASP) and I get a readout of how my ideas perform. So far im doing pretty poorly. I just need something, an indicator of any kind that would cause you to buy or sell. For example:

I just found out it has formulas for most of the common candlestick patterns, so those can be included. Wanna see a mathematical representation of a bullish doji star???

(Bar[High,D,1] + Bar[Low,D,1]) / 2 < ExpMovingAverage[EMA,Close,10,0,D,1] AND (Bar[High,D,1] - Bar[Low,D,1] > (Bar[High,D,1] + Bar[Low,D,1]) / 2 * .015 OR Bar[High,D,1] - Bar[Low,D,1] > ((Bar[High,D,2] - Bar[Low,D,2]) + (Bar[High,D,3] - Bar[Low,D,3]) + (Bar[High,D,4] - Bar[Low,D,4]) + (Bar[High,D,5] - Bar[Low,D,5]) + (Bar[High,D,6] - Bar[Low,D,6])) / 5 * .75) AND Bar[Close,D,1] < Bar[Open,D,1] AND (Bar[Open,D,1] - Bar[Close,D,1]) > (Bar[High,D,1] - Bar[Low,D,1]) * .5 AND Bar[Close,D] < Bar[Close,D,1] AND Bar[Open,D] < Bar[Close,D,1] AND (Bar[Close,D] - Bar[Open,D]) / Bar[Open,D] <= .001 AND (Bar[Open,D] - Bar[Close,D]) / Bar[Open,D] <= .001 AND (Bar[High,D] - Bar[Low,D] <= (Bar[High,D] + Bar[Low,D]) / 2 * .015 OR Bar[High,D] - Bar[Low,D] <= ((Bar[High,D,1] - Bar[Low,D,1]) + (Bar[High,D,2] - Bar[Low,D,2]) + (Bar[High,D,3] - Bar[Low,D,3]) + (Bar[High,D,4] - Bar[Low,D,4]) + (Bar[High,D,5] - Bar[Low,D,5])) / 5 * .75)
    Kind of weird they have that EMA thing in there, I guess it's kind of a filter, huh? What software you running, or did it come with your broker?

Guru
    07-28-2009, 09:08 PM #180
    Quote Originally Posted by thetree View Post

I think I need a class on how to interpret that. Is there an explanation for the uninitiated?