Page 40 of 77 ... 30383940414250 ...
    Mentor
    07-30-2009, 04:14 PM #391
    I got my original purchase out at 0.073 today. Storywise, I like this stock the most, and I thought of keeping all my money in, but I want to stick with my gameplan. I'll still make more plays as I see them coming, but like many, I used to have problems being disciplined. So, it's a little more important that I follow the plan, and I'm comfortable (another important thing) if it goes to $30 some day, and I don't have that initial amount in. Luckily, I got to keep more in than I anticipated though, and to keep the numbers even, I can get a steak dinner with my meager profit on the sale, haha.

07-30-2009, 04:14 PM #392
    lol i had to post again.. man while you were watching that money grow you must have felt amazing.
    i'm excited just thinking about making $1000.00 and acting all cool like " yea.. you know it was nothing... i'm just a professional stock broker..."
    lol

Mentor
    07-30-2009, 04:17 PM #393
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    i just started going back to work and then i was like holy smokes and had to post again.

A MILLION DOLLARSSS man thats crazy
    o wow that was a big gamble, maybe we'll see you on 60minutes or dateline NBC or some good news show in the future

Hahaha - yeah, like I thought I was all cool when I actually had over a million shares of EVFL! Never had a million of anything before!

07-30-2009, 04:23 PM #394
    Congrats again RAY that is AMAZING!! Even if I never see that type of success I can tell your story to my grandkids!

Mentor
    07-30-2009, 04:25 PM #395
    Yes!!!! I actually trade some accounts for other folks - I said before I don't like to go into earnings without a lead - I bought some FSLR stock for one of them, had an ok lead but it was on the line as far as holding it. It came thru with flying colors! EPS estimate $1.62, actual $2.11.

I shudder to think what that call option I had would be worth tomorrow. Seems like when you get risky, you burn your fingers, and when you are cautious, you're cold.

Though, I have to say, this board has been good luck. My account keeps getting better and better.

I should see if there is another solar to buy AH, before the others catch on.

Guru
    07-30-2009, 04:28 PM #396
    hey dave you got another one of those cool charts? good to see you took some profits, and at the ask no less! what a good guy

Mentor
    07-30-2009, 04:32 PM #397
    ESLR didn't come thru today - maybe not the best move - don't overtrade dave!

Mentor
    07-30-2009, 04:38 PM #398
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    hey dave you got another one of those cool charts? good to see you took some profits, and at the ask no less! what a good guy
    For some reason I can't get into stockcharts.com at the moment - I'm curious to see if it hit the end of the target line I drew though.

Yeah, that sell scared me, I had to take a nap, couldn't sleep last night - I put the sale in for 0.072 limit, and get this - 100 shares went thru, and I was like, oh sh*t, there's 9 mins left, what will happen to my order if I change it to AON? I didn't want it to get trapped in the ether, so I called scottrade, and they got me a central broker really quick since the local guys were on the phone - just before we got set up for him to push it thru at the bid, the sale went thru, and we got a laugh, as I'm still not exactly playing high dollar on these guys yet.

We'll gotta hop in the shower, head to work. Looks like I shoulda cashed that FSLR out, its dropping a little now, but hopefully tomorrow morning it should run a little.

Mentor
    07-30-2009, 04:40 PM #399
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    lol i had to post again.. man while you were watching that money grow you must have felt amazing.
    i'm excited just thinking about making $1000.00 and acting all cool like " yea.. you know it was nothing... i'm just a professional stock broker..."
    lol
    "Yeah, they call me Budd around the office, my boss Gordon says I'll be VP someday."

You're too funny Sean!

Guru
    07-30-2009, 04:53 PM #400

Congratulations Ray

Hey Ray, as you know I am not surprised in the least. Congrats to you and M.B.!
    Now you are all ready working on the second one. Way to go buddy!

Now loosen up and buy those kids some shoes, lol!

Page 40 of 77 ... 30383940414250 ...