Page 9 of 11 ... 7891011
    Mentor
    07-22-2009, 06:51 PM #81
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Siriusowner, Let me get this straight, frigginregan calls you "Micfly" yet that moron has to keep changing his projected results to fit his story.

Remember and dont forget That moron was just telling us this:

"I GUARANTEE you that if Sirius added this feature, it'd shoot back up to #1 and stay there. It'd permanently knock Pandora down below it for good."

Those were his words not to long ago and what he is basically saying now is, well it will add new subs.

You know what he is trying to do dont you he has realized that he has fricked up and is getting hit for it, so now his only way out is to change his story. Mind you he not only changed it slightly the dumbass did an almost 180 and then trys to tell you, you were wrong SIRIXM will get extra subs out of this.

Siriusowner, I have to ask you did you or anyone ever say that SIRIXM would not get any subs if they did any kind of improvement. I think the arguement started because that twit said something like, SIRIXM would be #1 if they did it.

I know this tactic well, it is the same kind of tactic Brandon from SW uses.

Your trying to invalidate a very good point by one passionate remark. Maybe that is a bit over the top, but it will shoot up, for sure. It wouldnt hurt, thats for sure.

Head Honcho
    07-22-2009, 06:56 PM #82
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I agree with all your points here. John is just arguing to argue with you. He probably forgot why by now. Love your passion man. One of my favorite reads on the articles. John, be nice. Your so mean!!!
    Sirius needs to offer everything Pandora and Slacker do, and that will negate any and all debate.

There are a huge number of people out there that will always say, "I don't need to pay for radio. I can put up with the ads."

Yes, they are ignoring the vast content differences, but that is a hurdle Sirius XM has always had, and it is difficult to clear that hurdle.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    07-22-2009, 06:59 PM #83
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    Sirius needs to offer everything Pandora and Slacker do, and that will negate any and all debate.

There are a huge number of people out there that will always say, "I don't need to pay for radio. I can put up with the ads."

Yes, they are ignoring the vast content differences, but that is a hurdle Sirius XM has always had, and it is difficult to clear that hurdle.
    I agree they should offer it. Im 100 percent for it. I think it will only help them. John knows how corporate america works. You get an idea. YOu send it to committee. They think about it. They hire consultants. They do marketing research. They test this and that. They think about it again. This is were smaller companies can be more nimble, and get there products out faster, not worried about the bottom line, they kind of just go with the flow until corporate america spanks them, like they have now. My girlfriend, for instance, is an ex pandora user after the 40 hours thing. Now friggens point is you need to capitalize on this NOW. Unfortunately friggen, this company doesnt move like that. They probably will, and it will be considered "late", but when your the big dog, its always better late than never.

Addict
    07-22-2009, 07:08 PM #84
    You have to consider costs to implement. Nothing to them. Worth a shot. Your very pessimistic. You ask questions, I can ask the same question to you. What makes you think THEY WONT get subs for offering this?
    Look, what I am saying is that some of them will come to Sirius BUT not flocks and flocks like he suggested.

I am not pessimistic. I am just not overly optimistic. As I said what he suggests is interesting but to implement something like that without a market study may be just plain dumb.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 07-22-2009 at 07:13 PM.

07-22-2009, 07:11 PM #85
    Thats different. This is no "technology". And im sure it worked out for them, other than this little lawsuit thing. Offering a random music generator is not going to get them sued.. But I know you were just being a smart ass. Dont even know why i posted. I think your right, but Friggen is right too. Hes passionate, I like that. Hes not trying to say anything about this second. But he would like something in the near future. Unfortunately friggen, we will never know they intend to release anything like this, as this would acknowledge them as competing with pandora, giving there competitiors unnecessary attention. Plus you dont want them knowing what your doing, i would think. So we will just have to see, and hope that they do it. Did you try calling them about it? curious what they might have said to you about it.
    True. True. Isn't it Ironic tho that all thru the merger delay, Sirius was always stressing that they competed with Terrestrial while the NAB laughably tried to deny it?

And here we may have Sirius trying not to acknowledge Pandora lest it look like they compete with them. Lol. Kinda funny.

I think it's obvious that although the platform and business models are different, Sirius DOES in fact compete with Pandora and other internet radio stations. By releasing an iphone app, that is even more apparent now. To deny it is sorta silly. They are definitely fighting for eyes and ears at Apple's Itunes store.

07-22-2009, 07:25 PM #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Look I am not saying some of them will come to Sirius BUT not flocks and flocks like he suggested.

I am not pessimistic. I am just not overly optimistic. As I said what he suggests is interesting but to implement something like that without a market study may be just plain dumb.
    The idea is not dumb. And I am sure they are looking into it. Or at least I hope they are. A market study? How about common business sense? I still don't understand why you are so skeptical of this. I stand by my belief that it is a no brainer. Again, it'd cost Sirius next to nothing to add this feature and go head to head with the likes of Pandora. And like I said, Sirius can easily mimic them, but they could NEVER mimic all the original content Sirius has. THAT my friend is what Sun Tzu in the Art of War would say was a GOOD strategic move.

And lastly, I'm NOT saying EVERYONE who used this app if Sirius offered it would upgrade, but I think it's safe to say many would. But more importantly, they'd all be under the Sirius tent. Again, it's a numbers game. More eyes and ears is a GOOD thing in business.

Oh and one more thing, I had fun today posting. I don't think I was mean or nasty like some who responded to my posts. I was colorful yes. But mean? Nope. Nor do I feel the need to brag about my intelligence like John who called me...what was it? Lol....having the intelligence of a 3 year old. Oh, by the way John I see your 125 IQ and raise you 15 points. Lol. This 3 year old has a 140. Doh!

Look, I AM very passionate about this. It's all good, and I had fun today. I know in my gut, that I am right about this being a good move for Sirius to make. Wether they do or not remains to be seen.

Peace.

Addict
    07-22-2009, 07:33 PM #87
    Sirius announced Aug 6th for the CC.

Also, the Taco Bell dog Gidget died at 15 - moment of silence please....

07-22-2009, 08:57 PM #88
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    So Friggen.

Is today still pointing towards the theory of the share price will not run up towards earnings? And will drop drastically as another buying opportunity? In case your wondering I'm calling out all daily wishy washy posters, who seem to swoon on a two cent drop. You of course being the poster child. Blah blah blooey being their mentor.

C'mon. Show some committment here..............
    Dude. I AM committed. I have been very transparent about being a long, and how I've averaged down from an original share price of $6.50 to just under a buck. I currently hold a long position since the summer of 2005.

I am NOT wishy washy. I don't know where you get that from my posts.

For the record, I was being honest about my "TRADING" strategy leading up to earnings. I am not HOPING the stock pulls back, but it is just this strong feeling that I have "MAY" happen....and why I plan to hold off buying more shares until it does. I could be TOTALLY wrong. And I hope I am. Again, it is just me saying how I plan to trade the 2Q.

Like I said, I hold a LONG position that I've held thru the DARKEST times. I never sold when we were at .05 cents and the bashers were out in force screaming BANKRUPTCY! I not only held strong, I averaged down like I said.

Since then, I have raised some more cash, which I have been using to trade Sirius. I am not alone here. I've never shorted a stock in my life. And I certainly would LOVE for Sirius to explode right here right now and blast thru $1. I don't care about trading Sirius. My real money is going to be made when I can finally sell my long position.

So I don't get your post. Why does my trading strategy mean I'm wishy washy? I'm not "swooning" as you say on a 2 cent drop. It's just a gut feeling I have that maybe we won't experience the usual pre earnings pop up. Because of this feeling(and again, I could be wrong)...I am holding off buying more shares to trade right now. Simple as that. I'm not in a state of panic or fear, nor am I screaming FIRE! in a movie theatre. I am merely sharing my feelings and trading strategy for the next 2 weeks. That is all.

In closing, if the stock does pull back to the mid to low 30s again, I will DEFINITELY buy. And if it pops...I'll be VERY happy. I'm excited for each day and will roll with whatever happens.

And thats my story. :-)

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    07-22-2009, 09:00 PM #89
    Anyone have any thoughts on those large trades in AH?

07-22-2009, 10:03 PM #90
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I am sure they are fine with each other in there politically correct world.
    What does that even mean? What does political correctness have to do with being an ass to other human beings for no reason? Do you even know the meaning of political correctness? You aren't being politically incorrect, you are being a douche.

Page 9 of 11 ... 7891011