Page 2 of 11 1234 ...
    Enthusiast
    07-22-2009, 10:01 AM #11
    What they have not done is tap the markets in Europe, Asia or even Latin America. I'd tap them in that order.[/QUOTE]

Sirius has been in discussions with providing their satellite services with all continents over the last year, but they run into challenges with these individual contry's governments, within the all of the continents, to allow their satellites to hover actively above their individual airspace. If the talks can ever more forward and a revenue sharing agreement with these country's governments can be met.....then we will see SIRI as a true global force.

I think we are a few years away from such agreements, but it certainly will propel our stock to heights that we have never seen before.

LONG, LONG, LONG, SIRI!

-Cheers,
    Whynot

Addict
    07-22-2009, 10:02 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by frigginregan View Post
    SXMinvestor....I hear ya. And yeah, one "should" believe this to be the case. But with Sirius, you never know. As a long suffering long, It never ceases to amaze me how things never seem to pan out the way they "SHOULD".

When all logic dictates otherwise, Sirius always manages to end up not following logic. It started with the post merger "POP" that should have come....and the sickening plunge to .05 cents.

The average investor can never seem to catch a break or get ahead with this stock. Even tho I managed to average down from my original pps of $6.50 to under $1....Sirius and it's manipulators always ensured that I'd always be left in the dust holding the bag.

At this point, all I can do is wait. It is also why I can no longer get excited about anything on the horizon. So as much as what you say is true....and that this news "SHOULD" benefit Sirius....LOL....I cannot seem to hold out any hope.

Call it a defense mechanism. But I along with so many others have been burned so many times with this stock, that I refuse to get excited or expect ANYTHING anymore.

I've become a cold emotionless machine. Which ironically may just be the thing that saves me. Because the powers that be, the manipulators out there KNOW all too well the emotions involved with this equity, and they EXPLOIT it time and time again. All the articles and posts and misinformation is DESIGNED to prey on these emotions and to USE them to their advantage.
    Eventually the #'s will prove the model. This quarter may have one time charges, but starting in teh 3rd & especially teh 4th should be improved revenue, subs and continued decrease in expenses from cost cutting. This can't be held down at these levels much longer.

Addict
    07-22-2009, 10:09 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
    What they have not done is tap the markets in Europe, Asia or even Latin America. I'd tap them in that order.
    Sirius has been in discussions with providing their satellite services with all continents over the last year, but they run into challenges with these individual contry's governments, within the all of the continents, to allow their satellites to hover actively above their individual airspace. If the talks can ever more forward and a revenue sharing agreement with these country's governments can be met.....then we will see SIRI as a true global force.

I think we are a few years away from such agreements, but it certainly will propel our stock to heights that we have never seen before.

LONG, LONG, LONG, SIRI!

-Cheers,
    Whynot[/QUOTE]

Well, they need to keep lobying. That is a sure way to grow.

Mentor
    07-22-2009, 10:10 AM #14
    With so many smart and wonderful posters, especially now that Tyler doesnt want to be picked up by SA anymore, we need to get out there and spead the facts. SA articles need support from people who know. Yahoo boards, anywhere. Even Homer posts more on yahoo than here. Not saying a lot, maybe a post of two a day wouldnt hurt. Tons of other avenues as well.
    Thanks for listening. Im going to post on SA for awhile again. It has suffered with facts since all the good posters left for here and elsewhere.
    Good luck with your trades.

07-22-2009, 10:12 AM #15
    USE you IMAGINATION man. Let me ask you this....WHO says it'd have to be a PAY service????

The WHOLE point is to STEAL back the ears who have gone over to Pandora. Right now Pandora as an iphone app download is blowing away Sirius.

WHAT I suggested is that Sirius simply ADD a similar feature on their app. People that download that app can THEN for FREE create their own station. They could also sample all the other great LIVE original content that Sirius offers for a "limited" trial time.

Currently Pandora and Slacker do play commercials, and because of the 25% royalty fee they have to pay now, the number of commercials will increase. They also have a 6 song skip limit. And they also are now charging people who listen too much.

So...if you USED your brain and had an ounce of imagination, you'd SEE that Sirius could SIMPLY offer this as a FREE addition to their app. It would attract people away from Pandora and Slacker in droves. Especially considering that Sirius has SO MUCH more to offer. The commercials they run on this free "create your own radio station" could feature Sirius based info...like LIVE events on their pay service, concerts, sporting events.

THE POINT...and I don't mean to sound condescending or anything is...that right now there are MILLIONS of people listening to Pandora and Slacker that COULD be listening to Sirius. If Sirius does what I suggest, there would be no reason to listen to Slacker or Pandora. Sirius could woo MILLIONS of new ears over to their app. And once people are listening, Sirius would then have a captive audience. Not EVERYONT would upgrade....but MANY would.

THIS IS A BRILLIANTLY SIMPLE action that Sirius could take. I cannot believe you can't SEE the GREAT business sense it makes. It is BEYOND me how anyone could come to any other conclusion. This is a NO BRAINER. So much so, that I can't respect anyone who feels differently....be it management for NOT DOING IT....or other Sirius investors who can't see it. Sorry. :-)

Guru
    07-22-2009, 10:23 AM #16
    Also I would like to put a year in more of a better light. Most people on most other companies give at least a year and/or at least the quarterly report for the first full quarter after that year, before they start to say anything on how bad a company is doing since (that does not include if they run into problems like SIRIXM have). What we have seen in the last year from SIRIXM in synergies is amazing and even analyst are surprised at the amount they are seeing this fast after. The developments are also happening at a pretty good clip. I have never seen more inpatient people in my life that are in any other stocks. I know one of the problems, many that got into this company just before the merger where hoping for a big uptick in the PPS after the merger, well that did not happen (Well If it where that easy then we all would be billionares right). and it took alot longer then everyone expected. While all that is true it still is not a reason to expect things to happen overnite (in corprate America 6 months to a year is overnite). As an example I waited 14 months to get approved to build a 1800 sq ft. icecream/fast food place. Thats right not a strip joint a icecream place. I was delayed over 3 months just on dumptster placement. I am just saying things dont happen overnite.

Addict
    07-22-2009, 10:28 AM #17

THIS IS A BRILLIANTLY SIMPLE action that Sirius could take. I cannot believe you can't SEE the GREAT business sense it makes. It is BEYOND me how anyone could come to any other conclusion. This is a NO BRAINER. So much so, that I can't respect anyone who feels differently....be it management for NOT DOING IT....or other Sirius investors who can't see it. Sorry. :-)
    Nothing in life is a no brainer. No brainers took the USA to this point....Now, what you are suggesting is interesting but what makes you think that SIRIUS will have flocks of new subscribers just by imitating Pandora or other "FREE" services ? There's a reason why those guys are there and not with SIRIUS and it is not necessarly their software capabilities.

If you were to profile the users you will find them very different. To begin with, they are using a "FREE" service. SIRIUS is not a free service. A basic question: What differentiates SIRIUS from services like Pandora ? As an investor you should know the answer. ps: is not the software.

Guru
    07-22-2009, 10:31 AM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
    What they have not done is tap the markets in Europe, Asia or even Latin America. I'd tap them in that order.

LONG, LONG, LONG, SIRI!

-Cheers,
    Whynot[/QUOTE]

Case in point about the time frames we are talking about do you know it took Worldspace about 8 years to get the EU to let them start to put repeaters up and they still had to hash out deals with other individual counties within the EU.

07-22-2009, 10:31 AM #19

All Sirius has to do is add a Slacker/Pandora feature on their iphone/internet app that lets people create their own radio stations!!!!

THis SIMPLE action would INSTANTLY render Pandora and Slacker impotent...
    Exactly how easy do you think this is? I would imagine a lot has to happen on the back end, servers, design of streaming channels, developing a way to provide UNIQUE and customized streams based on the music catalog they have in their systems.

This isn't simply, "throw the Pandora switch" back in headquarters and let's all celebrate our expansion otherwise it would have happened already.

Addict
    07-22-2009, 10:33 AM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post

Case in point about the time frames we are talking about do you know it took Worldspace about 8 years to get the EU to let them start to put repeaters up and they still had to hash out deals with other individual counties within the EU.

That is why they need to keep going. Nobody said it was easy.

Page 2 of 11 1234 ...