Page 6 of 11 ... 45678 ...
    07-22-2009, 02:02 PM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    As of right now siri is trading at .3945, that is almost a 7% uptick over yesterday afternoon. Personally, I like making 7% in 21 hours.

The big players are manipulating this stock on a daily basis. So, we little retail investors have to be very watchful. And if we watch closely we can make 7% every now and then.

7% here, 7% there, who cares about Pandora, we have no control over that. But, if we watch the market and get in and out, we do have some control over that!

Hey, I'm right there with you buddy. I'm doing the same thing. But I still care about Pandora. I still am holding a long position too and care about the long term potential of Sirius.

I wish I had more free cash to trade Sirius right now. But I make due with what I have. Like you say, 7% is 7%. And it does take the sting out of having ones long position stuck for now. So I get that.

I am not a bitter investor at ALL. I took my chance with Sirius 4 years ago. I own that decision and have learned A LOT in that time. For one thing, never hold a risky position in a stock while you're traveling down the Amazon river for 3 months and won't be able to monitor it. Um....which is what I did 4 years ago. Lol. But hey....I was young, and it was one of my first investments.

I am glad I was able to lower my average pps so significantly and am very confident that I will get all my money back and then some.

Peace.

07-22-2009, 02:21 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Siriusowner, Let me get this straight, frigginregan calls you "Micfly" yet that moron has to keep changing his projected results to fit his story.

Remember and dont forget That moron was just telling us this:

"I GUARANTEE you that if Sirius added this feature, it'd shoot back up to #1 and stay there. It'd permanently knock Pandora down below it for good."

Those were his words not to long ago and what he is basically saying now is, well it will add new subs.

You know what he is trying to do dont you he has realized that he has fricked up and is getting hit for it, so now his only way out is to change his story. Mind you he not only changed it slightly the dumbass did an almost 180 and then trys to tell you, you were wrong SIRIXM will get extra subs out of this.

Siriusowner, I have to ask you did you or anyone ever say that SIRIXM would not get any subs if they did any kind of improvement. I think the arguement started because that twit said something like, SIRIXM would be #1 if they did it.

I know this tactic well, it is the same kind of tactic Brandon from SW uses.
    LOL...<ahem!> Um...NO John this "argument" didn't start because I stated SIRIXM would be #1. Wow. It started because I was completely flabbergasted at how some couldn't see how such a move would benefit Sirius. To me it's as obvious as obvious could be and would cost Sirius nothing.

And as far as saying SIRIXM would be #1....what do you think I mean? I was referring to the iphone app. Do you really believe such a free addition to the Sirius app WOULDN'T shoot it back up to the #1 position? I don't know how long it would stay there. Free apps are offered all the time. But for you to say it wouldn't shoot back up on such news is almost laughable.

ANd I never contradicted myself when I pointed out how great Sirius is and then pointed out that the free app has fallen below Pandora. That is NOT an admission that Pandora is better. Lol. What are you insane man?

It only means most people download things that are FREE.

So, if Sirius added such a feature that would remain free....I will bet you any amount of money it would surpass Pandora on the download list.

And mark my words, as the pressure that the 25% royalty fee forces Pandora to add more and more commercials and higher fees for people who listen a lot....the more and more people that will look ELSEWHERE.

So by positioning itself to take advantage of those people, by offering a free create your own radio station feature, Sirius would benefit greatly.

I stand by that, and I don't know what to make of your continued ignorance. You are beginning to sound like the countless paid bashers and shorts that haunt the Yahoo boards.

Because any self respecting long and person with half a wit of sense would see the HUGE potential of such a move by Sirius and support it. :-)

And that my friends is all she wrote.

Peace out.

Head Honcho
    07-22-2009, 02:59 PM #53

Orlando Meet And Greet

Okay, this is short notice, but I am in Orlando, and a bit bored. I would like to have a meet and greet somewhere in Orlando this evening. The purpose of this meet and greet is to set up a more formalized one that many people can participate in in a few weeks.

I will also be conducting one in Massachusetts at some point in September.

If anyone in the Orlando area is interested in this impromptu meet and greet tonight, please suggest a place and time here and contact me at satellitestandard@gmail.com
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

07-22-2009, 04:14 PM #54
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    P.S. If you agree with people like "frigginregan" then you and your advice are as useles as he is here.
    I have no advice. Just letting you know what other people either don't want to say or don't want to waste their time saying to you sir.

Head Honcho
    07-22-2009, 04:36 PM #55
    Sirius XM app on iTunes has now dropped to #54. It is dropping 4 to 5 slots every 12 hours it seems, and as yet, the bottom is not in sight. The problem is that the lower you go on the list, the less impulse downloads you get.

My opinion is that the initial success of the app was attributable to existing subscribers.

changes need to happen to keep this app up in the rankings.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Enthusiast
    07-22-2009, 05:07 PM #56
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    Sirius XM app on iTunes has now dropped to #54. It is dropping 4 to 5 slots every 12 hours it seems, and as yet, the bottom is not in sight. The problem is that the lower you go on the list, the less impulse downloads you get.

My opinion is that the initial success of the app was attributable to existing subscribers.

I also feel that the iphone app will add few new subscribers. The $12.99 price for stand alone internet service is too high. I think that $8.99 is a more realistic price for internet only service.

The $2.99 addon for existing subscribers is a bargain if you consider the wide array of devices Sirius could and hopefully will be available on. Ultimately, I believe that premium internet will be a $5.00+ to reflect the costs of streaming. Hopefully, the app caused substantial numbers of subscribers to add the premium internet.

07-22-2009, 05:10 PM #57
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post

changes need to happen to keep this app up in the rankings.
    Exactly. Hence my passionate posts on todays thread. I stand by my conviction that the plan I talked about is not only a "no brainer" but a necessity.

Of course and announcement about Howard being included on the iphone app would spark interest again. But people have to realize that even tho the Sirius app is for free....it's really only a trial for a service that costs $. Lol. I KNOW thats stating the obvious, but it needs to be pointed out when talking about the drop.

Now if Sirius included in that free trial, a FREE service like Pandora....well then...there would be much more downloads for the app, because it'd be truly free.

I'll hammer this point home until the cows come home, but it's a win win deal all around. One, because it would generate constant downloads...and keep Sirius in the top 10 for a long time(Hey the kids love the FREE!). And two, because more people downloading the app for the free service will be under the Sirius tent. These people can be targeted like I said with specific ads that mirror the artists and music they like. For instance, if they create radio stations of certain artists, and those artists are featured on Sirius's pay stations in a live concert etc. And more importantly, if they are exposed to Sirius, there is more likelihood of them upgrading to become full subs.

Again, it is hard to compare a truly free app with a free "trial" app when referring to Sirius's drop in the free app standings at the itunes store. I believe the simple solution to even the playing field is for Sirius to add that FREE service I outlined to their iphone app. Bingo. Problem solved.

They've GOT to be working on something like this. It'd cost them NOTHING and give them so much. Mainly, it'd dilute ANY advantage or edge Pandora had. When you take that away, and then look at the diminishing revenue future of Pandora....and the huge edge Sirius has with it's business model....well....lets just say it bodes well for Sirius.

Addict
    07-22-2009, 05:24 PM #58
    Quote Originally Posted by frigginregan View Post
    Wow. I'm done. Lol. Hello? McFly?!! Yikes. I find it hard to believe you were a marketing manager.

Did you ACTUALLY write what I think you wrote? Um...let me check. Ah...YES...you DID.

Ok Sparky....let me explain something to you that you can't seem to grasp. If Sirius offered such an addition to their app(and I believe they are working on it)....it would MOST definitely INCREASE the number of downloads of their iphone app.

I don't know if you are young, or if you are an Apple user(i doubt it tho).....but I am. And I am also very much in the marketing/advertising world, so I know a thing or two about what I am saying.

The Apple phenom is real. The iphone phenom is real. The itunes App store is real. People all over the world are loading up their iphones with apps CONSTANTLY. Especially FREE apps. So much so that Apple is about to change it's requirements to be listed on their most DOWNLOADED list because it skews to the free and is unfair to the apps that charge.

Anyway...the point is this mostly young crowd(which I am a member of) are very HIP to what is hot and also download ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that is free.

I seriously question your marketing background if you don't think for a minute that Sirius offering a free pandora/slacker like service to their iphone app wouldn't instantly bump it's downloads.

If you do, you're delusional. It most certainly would. And it makes great business sense for Sirius to do this. We are talking about MILLIONS of more downloads over time. Free is free. And it would bring people into the Sirius tent. Wether they upgrade or not, it would bring more people in. THAT my ignorant marketing friend is a FACT. LOL.

Seriously. From that bigger tent, Sirius could do ALL sorts of marketing and targeting of it's expanding captive audience. To say it couldn't would be further proof of your ignorance and lack of marketing acumen.

But I'm done for now. It was fun, but I have grown weary of talking to you. Lol.

:-P
    Are you mocking my writing ? Ha !...Look who's talking.

Evidently you have no knowledge or idea of how a business should be ran. I am happy that we are not and will never be in business together.

You can reply whatever, I am not wasting more of my time.

I am not young like you, I am 41 but I have an MBA from the MIT SLOAN school of business. I speak 4 languages, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and English and have traveled the world and worked for 2 of the largest coporations in the US: ITT and SLB. I have a 16 year old daugther and I know what young people do with new stuff... Evidently you have no idea who you are talking to.

By the way, attacking and insulting people around shows how little or no education you have. It has been proven that people that insult and curse has some of the lowest IQ's around. Google it.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 07-22-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Guru
    07-22-2009, 05:28 PM #59
    Quote Originally Posted by frigginregan View Post
    LOL...<ahem!> Um...NO John this "argument" didn't start because I stated SIRIXM would be #1. Wow. It started because I was completely flabbergasted at how some couldn't see how such a move would benefit Sirius. To me it's as obvious as obvious could be and would cost Sirius nothing.

And as far as saying SIRIXM would be #1....what do you think I mean? I was referring to the iphone app. Do you really believe such a free addition to the Sirius app WOULDN'T shoot it back up to the #1 position? I don't know how long it would stay there. Free apps are offered all the time. But for you to say it wouldn't shoot back up on such news is almost laughable.

ANd I never contradicted myself when I pointed out how great Sirius is and then pointed out that the free app has fallen below Pandora. That is NOT an admission that Pandora is better. Lol. What are you insane man?

It only means most people download things that are FREE.

So, if Sirius added such a feature that would remain free....I will bet you any amount of money it would surpass Pandora on the download list.

And mark my words, as the pressure that the 25% royalty fee forces Pandora to add more and more commercials and higher fees for people who listen a lot....the more and more people that will look ELSEWHERE.

So by positioning itself to take advantage of those people, by offering a free create your own radio station feature, Sirius would benefit greatly.

I stand by that, and I don't know what to make of your continued ignorance. You are beginning to sound like the countless paid bashers and shorts that haunt the Yahoo boards.

Because any self respecting long and person with half a wit of sense would see the HUGE potential of such a move by Sirius and support it. :-)

And that my friends is all she wrote.

Peace out.

frigginregan said this;

"LOL...<ahem!> Um...NO John this "argument" didn't start because I stated SIRIXM would be #1. Wow. It started because I was completely flabbergasted at how some couldn't see how such a move would benefit Sirius. To me it's as obvious as obvious could be and would cost Sirius nothing."

I will agree that while it did not start with it, but it did lead into it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

frigginregan said this;

What is laughable is that you think it is actually a free app. Let me clear this up for you because you are so dumb you just dont get it. The APP. itself is free the fact that if you dont have a subscription to SIRIXM that cost 15 dollars a month means it is useless to you, does the fact that the app is free any good. Then again I guess in your world people download apps all the time that you know will do absolutely nothing for you. I have to ask what do you do with the App. once you have it if you dont have a SIRIXM subscription, heres a clue numnuts, NOTHING. Therefore in the real world the final cost to the app is 15 dollars a month to get any use out of it.

What is laughable is that you think it would go to the number 1 position or even pass Pandora.

What is laughable is that you must think it is some kind of freaky quintessence that for only the time SIRIXM was offering the subscription for free, was the only time they were ahead of Pandora. It really is not that hard to put 2 and 2 together.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

frigginregan said this;

"ANd I never contradicted myself when I pointed out how great Sirius is and then pointed out that the free app has fallen below Pandora. That is NOT an admission that Pandora is better. Lol. What are you insane man?"

What the hell are you even talking about, I have never said you think Pandora is better. Are you just rambling or what. No I think you are insane after reading your latest ramble.

P.S. once again the app is free but it does no good to anyone that does not have a subscription to SIRIXM that cost you 15 dollars a month in the end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

frigginregan said this;

"It only means most people download things that are FREE."

That is what I have been trying to tell you from the start, you twit. Which by the way is what Pandora is (free) and SIRIXM is not (have to pay to get it).

frigginregan said this;

"So, if Sirius added such a feature that would remain free....I will bet you any amount of money it would surpass Pandora on the download list."

Once again the app does you no good if you dont have a subscription to SIRIXM which COST. I will take that bet, as long as SIRIXM does not offer another free trial subscription along with it. I will also make you this bet that as soon as SIRIXM does offer another free trial subscription to its service that it passes Pandora.

frigginregan said this;

"And mark my words, as the pressure that the 25% royalty fee forces Pandora to add more and more commercials and higher fees for people who listen a lot....the more and more people that will look ELSEWHERE."

I have said much the samething long ago. (go check out the threads I did on this subject)

frigginregan said this;

"So by positioning itself to take advantage of those people, by offering a free create your own radio station feature, Sirius would benefit greatly."

You say greatly, I say not so much. It will take much longer then you and many others think. Look numnuts, the OEM channels is a perfect example of how long this will take.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

frigginregan said this;

"I stand by that, and I don't know what to make of your continued ignorance. You are beginning to sound like the countless paid bashers and shorts that haunt the Yahoo boards."

Your ignorance is what makes you think I am. All I will say is go to threads I have started. You will see I have been proven to be correct time and time and time and time again. As said before long ago, (as a matter of fact before almost everyone else was saying it (take a look at the date I did the thread)) I have told you guys not to expect to much from this Iphone app and that they will be lucky to add a few (when taken in scale 100,000 to 300,000 is a few) more subscribers to the rolls because of it. Now while we will have to wait for the end of the 3rd quarter to find out for sure, many now realize this Iphone app will not add that many subs to the rolls. I am not a basher just correct.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

frigginregan said this;

"Because any self respecting long and person with half a wit of sense would see the HUGE potential of such a move by Sirius and support it. :-)"

Once again wrong anyone invested in this or any company looks at it from a logical view point.
    Last edited by john; 07-22-2009 at 05:46 PM.

Guru
    07-22-2009, 05:34 PM #60
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    I have no advice. Just letting you know what other people either don't want to say or don't want to waste their time saying to you sir.

First of all that is fine, I like the fact they get surprised by the things that I have said would happen long before they did. (who was correct on what Tate would do almost right down to the word.)

I am sure they are fine with each other in there politically correct world. I however find them and you to be a pain in my ass and I dont mind saying it. You see because I dont live in your world and I would not want to.

Page 6 of 11 ... 45678 ...