Page 5 of 11 ... 34567 ...
    Addict
    07-22-2009, 12:46 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    I think what friggin is saying is that he wants SiriusXM to be the center of the "listening" world. Be that Premium and Superior paid for content, or a "free" customizable Slackdora type music listening experience. Point is you would have everyone listening to SiriusXM provided content. This whole streaming thing is in it's infancy, but it is developing. SiriusXM sees that and I think they will be addressing it. Right now, those people (Charles and Tyler included), like the content and presentation of Slackdora. Imagine having all those people in the SiriusXM "house". SiriusXM could be collecting statistics on what they were listening to and target appropriate advertising for their premium offerings. Like others have said... it takes time to develop that and if I were Sirius, I'd be keeping it under wraps as well until it was ready.
    Ok, unless SIRIUS goes on an acquisition spree and acquires all the internet free radio providers (which of course is not going to happen), I do not think this will go anywhere. Pandora and Slacker users will not subscribe to SIRIUS just because SIRIUS came up with a similar application unless there's no Pandora or Slacker. They are FREE (or cheaper, whatever...oh and they do not seem to care about SIRIUS premium content) PERIOD.

Enthusiast
    07-22-2009, 12:52 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Pandora and Slacker users will not subscribe to SIRIUS just because SIRIUS came up with a similar application unless there's no Pandora or Slacker.
    of course they wouldn't. nobody here is saying that. Those people would be "listener" or "users", just like they are for Pandora and Slacker. One would hope that targeted advertising, or maybe some occassional freebies, would entice those folks to become subscribers. I guess I could see that kind of content almost a "loss leader" kind of thing.

Guru
    07-22-2009, 12:58 PM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by frigginregan View Post
    God you're funny. You REALLY make me laugh.

You're ignorance is mindboggling. First of all, I don't ASSUME EVERYONE who downloaded such a Sirius app would become members. The POINT is that doing so WOULD attract MANY more eyes and ears....and THAT is a GOOD thing.

But what I find particularly amusing about your argument is how you ASSUME that all that Sirius has over Pandora is "commercial free" and that nobody would pay up for this. LOL.

Do you really think that is ALL they have over Pandora? LOL. Wow. Talk about ignorant. So I guess Pandora has, Live concerts and DJs, unique content, sports, Howard etc etc. Really? If you believe that you ARE delusional.

I guess you also believe that Pandora comes equipped in EVERY new car? Umm....yeah...Okaaaaay there Sparky. Dazzle me with your perception and superior knowledge some more Captain Oblivious. Sheesh. What a ma-roon.

Seriously. THAT is your argument? LOL. I LOVE how you peppered your ignorant and misinformed rant with the capitalized word "FACT!" while at the same time TOTALLY leaving out the truth. Wow. Amazing.

frigginregan,

Now I will make you look like the twit you are because now I am on to the third time of trying to explain it to your dumb ass.

You first said this;

"The Sirius app has slipped to what? #35? I GUARANTEE you that if Sirius added this feature, it'd shoot back up to #1 and stay there. It'd permanently knock Pandora down below it for good."

Now you say this:

"You're ignorance is mindboggling. First of all, I don't ASSUME EVERYONE who downloaded such a Sirius app would become members. The POINT is that doing so WOULD attract MANY more eyes and ears....and THAT is a GOOD thing."

Which is it you twit. Get your shit straight. There is a difference between adding some extra subs and being number 1 and beating Pandora.

Next you say this;

"But what I find particularly amusing about your argument is how you ASSUME that all that Sirius has over Pandora is "commercial free" and that nobody would pay up for this. LOL."

and this;

"Do you really think that is ALL they have over Pandora? LOL. Wow. Talk about ignorant. So I guess Pandora has, Live concerts and DJs, unique content, sports, Howard etc etc. Really? If you believe that you ARE delusional."

I have said it many times that they are the same thing in the catagory you are trying to compare them in. Common sense you dipwad is that in that catagory MUSIC, is what the people downloading the app are interested in. I have also said (and was shown by "bassmaster) that SIRIXM beats many of the compeditors in those other apps. They for instance are number one or close to it in many of the PAY services (because you are a twit and may not understand, I well explain to your dumbass. That means they are competeing with other pay services). Are you that much of a dumbass that you dont even know what a CATAGORY is or what it means. GO GET A DICTIONARY.

Next you said and I have no clue where you are going with this one;

"I guess you also believe that Pandora comes equipped in EVERY new car? Umm....yeah...Okaaaaay there Sparky. Dazzle me with your perception and superior knowledge some more Captain Oblivious. Sheesh. What a ma-roon."

So I will take a guess????? If you have noticed terrestrial is kicking SIRIXMs ass in the OEM to the tune of 15.5 million (for SIRIXM) to 265 million (for terresrial)

Finally your dumbass said this;

"Seriously. THAT is your argument? LOL. I LOVE how you peppered your ignorant and misinformed rant with the capitalized word "FACT!" while at the same time TOTALLY leaving out the truth. Wow. Amazing."

What facts where left out.

I have seen some real retards in my life but you are one of the worst. I have to ask how many times did you have to repeat the 1st grade because you just did not get it.
    Last edited by john; 07-22-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Enthusiast
    07-22-2009, 01:03 PM #44
    so while on night shift the past couple weeks I've been listening to Stern. Yesterday, I thought Lisa G. would get him to say something. They were talking about her "C-cups" and she made some comments to Stern like "You keep talking all the time like you are retiring so I want to show you more of me" or something like that. Nothin... maybe a grunt, but he moved right on.

07-22-2009, 01:08 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    frigginregan,

Now I will make you look like the twit you are because now I am on to the third time of trying to explain it to your dumb ass.
    You are the twit sir. I hate to break it to you but you run around this forum belittling people that are smarter then you and more well spoken then you. you sir, are the one who doesn't get it.

07-22-2009, 01:09 PM #46
    So what you are saying is that it will open a new market ? Ok, let me ask you the question differently.

What makes you believe that this new feature will attract customers that are currently paying zip, zero, nada for the service to a service that has a monthy fee ? The content has not attracted them....

Look, when I was working as a marketing manager for a company back in 1999-2000, we were evaluating entering a cheap market. We discovered that the expenses of entering and mantaining the presence in that market were higher than the revenues and profits it would provide. Business 101: DO NOT ENTER A MARKET BLINDFOLDED. You have an interesting idea but you are assuming a lot of uncontrollables that you have not studied. That is why, it is NOT a no brainer. You need your brain ... to perform a market study FIRST.

ps: Your "more ears and eyes" will not fly with management... unless of course al off the sudden they decide to open a lemonade stand... and even then...
    Wow. I'm done. Lol. Hello? McFly?!! Yikes. I find it hard to believe you were a marketing manager.

Did you ACTUALLY write what I think you wrote? Um...let me check. Ah...YES...you DID.

Ok Sparky....let me explain something to you that you can't seem to grasp. If Sirius offered such an addition to their app(and I believe they are working on it)....it would MOST definitely INCREASE the number of downloads of their iphone app.

I don't know if you are young, or if you are an Apple user(i doubt it tho).....but I am. And I am also very much in the marketing/advertising world, so I know a thing or two about what I am saying.

The Apple phenom is real. The iphone phenom is real. The itunes App store is real. People all over the world are loading up their iphones with apps CONSTANTLY. Especially FREE apps. So much so that Apple is about to change it's requirements to be listed on their most DOWNLOADED list because it skews to the free and is unfair to the apps that charge.

Anyway...the point is this mostly young crowd(which I am a member of) are very HIP to what is hot and also download ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that is free.

I seriously question your marketing background if you don't think for a minute that Sirius offering a free pandora/slacker like service to their iphone app wouldn't instantly bump it's downloads.

If you do, you're delusional. It most certainly would. And it makes great business sense for Sirius to do this. We are talking about MILLIONS of more downloads over time. Free is free. And it would bring people into the Sirius tent. Wether they upgrade or not, it would bring more people in. THAT my ignorant marketing friend is a FACT. LOL.

Seriously. From that bigger tent, Sirius could do ALL sorts of marketing and targeting of it's expanding captive audience. To say it couldn't would be further proof of your ignorance and lack of marketing acumen.

But I'm done for now. It was fun, but I have grown weary of talking to you. Lol.

:-P

Guru
    07-22-2009, 01:25 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    You are the twit sir. I hate to break it to you but you run around this forum belittling people that are smarter then you and more well spoken then you. you sir, are the one who doesn't get it.

CLUELESS, Your name and most of your post says all that needs to be said. By the way, I find it amazing that the ones that say, it is undermines your arguement to call others names, are the ones that are most effected and offended by it.

As for others being more intelligent then me that may be so but if you dont have the common sense or logic that goes with it, that intelligence is useless.

P.S. If you agree with people like "frigginregan" then you and your advice are as useles as he is here.
    Last edited by john; 07-22-2009 at 01:33 PM.

07-22-2009, 01:41 PM #48
    Ok, unless SIRIUS goes on an acquisition spree and acquires all the internet free radio providers (which of course is not going to happen), I do not think this will go anywhere. Pandora and Slacker users will not subscribe to SIRIUS just because SIRIUS came up with a similar application unless there's no Pandora or Slacker. They are FREE (or cheaper, whatever...oh and they do not seem to care about SIRIUS premium content) PERIOD.
    Well heres the difference SiriusOwner. Try to think ahead for a moment. Right now, Pandora and Slacker and other internet radio stations are being squeezed by higher royalty fees to the tune of 25% of their revenue. Pandora has already increased the number of commercials it plays now and is charging for people who listen too much. And it's only going to get worse.

My question is this....you say Pandora and Slacker users won't even bother to come over to a Sirius app that had a free "create your own station" feature UNLESS there was no Pandora or Slacker? Huh?

I beg to differ. Of COURSE they would. The Sirius app would be FREE too. Duh. Hello.

Come on man. Think. The new Sirius feature would be FREE just like Pandora and Slacker. Only it'd be attached to an entity(Sirius) that actually was bringing in 2.4 BILLION in revenue a year as opposed to what? Pandora's 15 million or so??

Does it become clearer to you now? Make sense? Hmm? Hold on...I'll wait. :-)

Lol. Ok...you back? Good. Lets continue. Cause I KNOW you can get this. :-)

When Sirius adds this feature to their iphone app....it will be HUGE. Think about it. They, unlike Pandora or Slacker is generating real money. Yes, they have debt, but cash flow is improving, and they unlike Pandora and it's ilk HAVE a working business model.

You say Pandora users are content. But what happens as the squeeze of the 25% and lack of advertising dollars gets tighter? Hmm? Yup...MORE commercial interruptions and higher monthly fees. They already announced this! And it's only going to get worse.

Don't you think that many Pandora users will eventually become annoyed and seek out other "Free" music apps.

Even the ones who are "happy" now are a tech savy hip crowd. They'll be downloading and trying out ANY new free music app that comes down the road.

And what I am saying....is that Sirius is in the best position of ANY company to take advantage of that. They've got the huge pay revenue stream boosted by the incredible auto penetration and unique content they provide.

Ok...now listen closely. They don't CHANGE that model. They only add this FREE feature to their iphone/internet app. Bingo, they have a new source of millions of potential new subscribers who they can target.

People could download the app. Perhaps it comes with a free trial for their "paid" content...and of course the new "free" create your own station like Pandora feature. At a certain point, the free trial for the paid content would end....leaving the Pandora like feature which then Sirius can use to KEEP them listening. They can target advertising for Sirius paid content based on their listening. For example. Lets say someone creates alot of stations with a certain genre or artist. If Sirius is going to have a LIVE concert for that artist coming up, they can insert that into the commercial stream.

The possibilities are endless. Sirius would have the best of both worlds. Many people would upgrade. Many wouldn't. But their downloads would increase. Their tent of listeners would increase. It's a numbers game people. The more eyes and ears you get....the better.

I could go on and on....I guess the people that just don't get it by now will never get it. Maybe it'll hit you like a lightning bolt and make sense to you later on. I dunno. Lol.

But whatever.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    07-22-2009, 01:49 PM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by frigginregan View Post
    I COMPLETELY agree Candleman. I too am doing the same thing. I letting my long position ride while jumping in and out on the dips with smaller chunks of cash. I wish I had more funds to play with tho!

A lot of people are sitting on long positions. I am glad I was able to average down from my original $6.50 pps to just under $1.

Sometimes I'm torn between averaging down some more, and just trading my free cash in and out on the dips. Makes sense to trade it tho. And you're right, at least it takes the edge off a little. Makes you feel like you're making SOMETHING at least. Lol.

It is a smart strategy and one that makes complete sense.

Good luck to ya. And me. And all the rest.

As of right now siri is trading at .3945, that is almost a 7% uptick over yesterday afternoon. Personally, I like making 7% in 21 hours.

The big players are manipulating this stock on a daily basis. So, we little retail investors have to be very watchful. And if we watch closely we can make 7% every now and then.

7% here, 7% there, who cares about Pandora, we have no control over that. But, if we watch the market and get in and out, we do have some control over that!

Guru
    07-22-2009, 02:00 PM #50
    Siriusowner, Let me get this straight, frigginregan calls you "Micfly" yet that moron has to keep changing his projected results to fit his story.

Remember and dont forget That moron was just telling us this:

"I GUARANTEE you that if Sirius added this feature, it'd shoot back up to #1 and stay there. It'd permanently knock Pandora down below it for good."

Those were his words not to long ago and what he is basically saying now is, well it will add new subs.

You know what he is trying to do dont you he has realized that he has fricked up and is getting hit for it, so now his only way out is to change his story. Mind you he not only changed it slightly the dumbass did an almost 180 and then trys to tell you, you were wrong SIRIXM will get extra subs out of this.

Siriusowner, I have to ask you did you or anyone ever say that SIRIXM would not get any subs if they did any kind of improvement. I think the arguement started because that twit said something like, SIRIXM would be #1 if they did it.

I know this tactic well, it is the same kind of tactic Brandon from SW uses.
    Last edited by john; 07-22-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Page 5 of 11 ... 34567 ...