Page 10 of 11 ... 891011
    Head Honcho
    07-22-2009, 10:19 PM #91
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Ho I usually wait till I have had to explain something to them for about the third time. After that I am just pissed that there are people like this actually out there. I mean OMG if I had something explained to me as clearly as I have done I would get it by then.
    I think what you may be missing is that you are only clear to you sometimes. Your reality is based on things that you believe to be true when arguing something that is opinion based vs someone who core beliefs may be different from the get go.

You cant argue about the Sirius XM iPhone app with someone who thinks it is important when at your core you do not think that it is (as an example). Who is correct about the base of that belief is irrelevant if you just get into debating something when all things are not equal. As you say 2 + 2 = 4 but if my equation is 1 + 2 we certainly can't argue about the answer itself. My answer may be 3 while yours is 4. 3 vs 4 can not be argued we need to talk about why my first number in the equation is 1 and yours is 2... you cant just jump to the final answer and beat people over the head with it, you arent "teaching" anyone anything. You are rarely even arguing the real issue at hand.

My 2 cents.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-22-2009, 10:24 PM #92
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I think what you may be missing is that you are only clear to you sometimes. Your reality is based on things that you believe to be true when arguing something that is opinion based vs someone who core beliefs may be different from the get go.

You cant argue about the Sirius XM iPhone app with someone who thinks it is important when at your core you do not think that it is (as an example). Who is correct about the base of that belief is irrelevant if you just get into debating something when all things are not equal. As you say 2 + 2 = 4 but if my equation is 1 + 2 we certainly can't argue about the answer itself. My answer may be 3 while yours is 4. 3 vs 4 can not be argued we need to talk about why my first number in the equation is 1 and yours is 2... you cant just jump to the final answer and beat people over the head with it, you arent "teaching" anyone anything. You are rarely even arguing the real issue at hand.

My 2 cents.
    well put..

07-22-2009, 10:46 PM #93
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    Sirius announced Aug 6th for the CC.

Also, the Taco Bell dog Gidget died at 15 - moment of silence please....
    That just happens to be my birthday!!! I will wish for more good #'s than bad and for a spike up and very little pullback.

I will have the mexican pizza and crunchwrap in Gidgets honor tomorrow for lunch.

Mentor
    07-22-2009, 10:59 PM #94
    Great debate guys,wish i was around for it,just finished reading it all and enjoying a drink after playing golf today and winning the first round playoff match in my league to reach the championship next week..So Cheers to all..

07-22-2009, 10:59 PM #95
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post
    That just happens to be my birthday!!! I will wish for more good #'s than bad and for a spike up and very little pullback.

I will have the mexican pizza and crunchwrap in Gidgets honor tomorrow for lunch.

I thought the Taco Bell dog was a boy? The voice sure was. Kinda
    deceptive if you ask me, I'm disillusioned. I'll have the Nacho's
    Belgrande and a raspberry iced tea.

Julie

Mentor
    07-22-2009, 11:17 PM #96
    Frigganreagan,the hard part about your proposed plan is like you said in a post,it Slacdora like free music Apps have to start charging and then as you say those young people will make a choice and go to SXM's free version of the App,what happens then?You can't give away one of the valuable things SXM has in their arsenal for free,and there are alot of subscribers who are subs strictly because of the music that is commercial free..and don't forget there are more smart phones to think about and other undeveloped technologies also..My bottom line on this is that you either like and want to pay for SXM or you don't..just like HBO is to cable and cable is to Free TV..

Personally i would put everything i could on the APP as far as content and give a 60 day free trial..

Enthusiast
    07-23-2009, 07:49 AM #97

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    The biggest issue is that the current radios are not able to be two way communication devices. They are receivers only. Because of that, Onstar like services necome impossible through these devices. The sats have uplink capability....it is how they get the music....but they do not have it from the cars.

Implementation of services such as onstar can happen, but it takes time to get it into the channel. Lojack type services would require the radio to transpond, or the sat to be able to locate a specific radio. Neither is possible at the moment.

This is why I say these services are two years away at a minimum.

Sirius, back in 2003, was already discussing services such as unlocking your car. This aspect is not new. It just has not been implemented. New revenue streams could include things that consumers can receive. Data packets that give movie info, etc. are possible. They already get maps and weather info, adding to that is quite possible.

A service such as local gas prices, movies, restaraunts, etc. is very possible now. The question is whether there will be a demand for it. Most can now get that type of info free over their cell phone.

If they did this could they not use your location to target local ads as you drive bye?

Enthusiast
    07-23-2009, 08:18 AM #98
    Ford states better then expected production rate 10.5-11.0 million run rate!

Addict
    07-23-2009, 08:52 AM #99
    Quote Originally Posted by frigginregan View Post
    The idea is not dumb. And I am sure they are looking into it. Or at least I hope they are. A market study? How about common business sense? I still don't understand why you are so skeptical of this. I stand by my belief that it is a no brainer. Again, it'd cost Sirius next to nothing to add this feature and go head to head with the likes of Pandora. And like I said, Sirius can easily mimic them, but they could NEVER mimic all the original content Sirius has. THAT my friend is what Sun Tzu in the Art of War would say was a GOOD strategic move.

And lastly, I'm NOT saying EVERYONE who used this app if Sirius offered it would upgrade, but I think it's safe to say many would. But more importantly, they'd all be under the Sirius tent. Again, it's a numbers game. More eyes and ears is a GOOD thing in business.

Oh and one more thing, I had fun today posting. I don't think I was mean or nasty like some who responded to my posts. I was colorful yes. But mean? Nope. Nor do I feel the need to brag about my intelligence like John who called me...what was it? Lol....having the intelligence of a 3 year old. Oh, by the way John I see your 125 IQ and raise you 15 points. Lol. This 3 year old has a 140. Doh!

Look, I AM very passionate about this. It's all good, and I had fun today. I know in my gut, that I am right about this being a good move for Sirius to make. Wether they do or not remains to be seen.

Peace.
    I am fresh to waste more of my time. Got nothing else to do so....

Reread my post. Did I say your idea was dumb ?

Common business sense alone did not build GE, IBM, APPLE or DELL into the companies they are today

They have to have a business plan, marketing plans, strategic and operational plans. Not just for this idea but overall, for this idea what they need are hard facts, expecially if it will take money and resources to implement... They can not just jump into conclusions just because some guy (that who knows where he came from) says so.

Tell me how many new subscribers would they expect from this feature alone ? Flocks and flocks are not numbers.

As I said all along, it is an interesting idea but if you plan to make a presentation like that to anyone in SIRIUS, you will be wasting your time.

Are you going to present the idea at the investors conference ? For you to defend it so passionately leads me to believe you will at least try to send it to management.

ps: I never said you were mean. Reread the posts.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    07-23-2009, 09:29 AM #100
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    Price dropped after hours at least one hundreth of a cent. .001. I knew I should have sold. Ugh!
    Socal, Isn't the point of investing to make money? So, when the price drops 2 cents, that is an opportunity to profit. Yesterday I was in and out for the 2 cents and made an easy 1500 bucks. That's why we invest....to make money.

You can be as long as you like, but if you're not profiting, it isn't a good business to be in.

Page 10 of 11 ... 891011