Page 3 of 11 12345 ...
    07-22-2009, 10:36 AM #21
    Impatient? Some people have been in this stock for 5 years. But even taking into account the relative newness of the merger....and the encouraging synergies which I acknowledge...there are so many things we can impatient about with GOOD reason.

You can talk synergies and cost savings all you want, but the fact that they are not doing simple things like the slacker/pandora service I suggested Speaks VOLUMES. I find it incredibly frustrating that others are so stubborn about this not being an issue. Um...HELLO?! Last I looked Pandora is climbing the top download list on the Apple App store while Sirius is falling.

I am a Sirius investor AND listener, and it pains me to bash....but SOMETHING has to be done. And it frustrates me to no end when other supposed Sirius investors say this is a non issue! Especially while Sirius stock is plummeting. It's outrageous. And it doesn't make sense.

Addict
    07-22-2009, 10:38 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by zcurzan View Post
    Exactly how easy do you think this is? I would imagine a lot has to happen on the back end, servers, design of streaming channels, developing a way to provide UNIQUE and customized streams based on the music catalog they have in their systems.

This isn't simply, "throw the Pandora switch" back in headquarters and let's all celebrate our expansion otherwise it would have happened already.
    Exactly. Even before that, a market study needs to be performed....

Besides, strategically, it does not make sense to imitate Pandora and Slacker....

Guru
    07-22-2009, 10:45 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by frigginregan View Post
    USE you IMAGINATION man. Let me ask you this....WHO says it'd have to be a PAY service????

The WHOLE point is to STEAL back the ears who have gone over to Pandora. Right now Pandora as an iphone app download is blowing away Sirius.

WHAT I suggested is that Sirius simply ADD a similar feature on their app. People that download that app can THEN for FREE create their own station. They could also sample all the other great LIVE original content that Sirius offers for a "limited" trial time.

Currently Pandora and Slacker do play commercials, and because of the 25% royalty fee they have to pay now, the number of commercials will increase. They also have a 6 song skip limit. And they also are now charging people who listen too much.

So...if you USED your brain and had an ounce of imagination, you'd SEE that Sirius could SIMPLY offer this as a FREE addition to their app. It would attract people away from Pandora and Slacker in droves. Especially considering that Sirius has SO MUCH more to offer. The commercials they run on this free "create your own radio station" could feature Sirius based info...like LIVE events on their pay service, concerts, sporting events.

THE POINT...and I don't mean to sound condescending or anything is...that right now there are MILLIONS of people listening to Pandora and Slacker that COULD be listening to Sirius. If Sirius does what I suggest, there would be no reason to listen to Slacker or Pandora. Sirius could woo MILLIONS of new ears over to their app. And once people are listening, Sirius would then have a captive audience. Not EVERYONT would upgrade....but MANY would.

THIS IS A BRILLIANTLY SIMPLE action that Sirius could take. I cannot believe you can't SEE the GREAT business sense it makes. It is BEYOND me how anyone could come to any other conclusion. This is a NO BRAINER. So much so, that I can't respect anyone who feels differently....be it management for NOT DOING IT....or other Sirius investors who can't see it. Sorry. :-)

frigginregan, It is you people that dont use your brains, it is you people that think all this can be done and there is nothing to stop them from doing it. It is people like yourself that think it is so easy to just turn on all the deactivated radios and do a ad supported service. It is you that has no clue or can imagine any problems with doing this. All you guys are like, ho it is so easy to do. Yet not one of you brought up the point that what about the OEM deals inwhich they have set amounts that have to be paid to each of them for each radio that is activated. HMMMMMM, who was it that brought that problem up. I'll bet you that there are problems with doing anything you have brought up that you could not even imagine.

Guru
    07-22-2009, 10:53 AM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    That is why they need to keep going. Nobody said it was easy.

I am not saying that they are not working on it or that they should not be. What I am saying is that it takes time more then most think. As an example I have been waiting for EXC to build a new reactor for the last 20 years. WHATS THE HOLD UP!!!!!!!!! ARE THEY NOT WORKING ON GETTING IT DONE?????.....I know they have been working on getting it done but there are problems.

07-22-2009, 10:57 AM #25
    Nothing in life is a no brainer. No brainers took the USA to this point....Now, what you are suggesting is interesting but what makes you think that SIRIUS will have flocks of new subscribers just by imitating Pandora or other "FREE" services ? There's a reason why those guys are there and not with SIRIUS and it is not necessarly their software capabilities.

If you were to profile the users you will find them very different. To begin with, they are using a "FREE" service. SIRIUS is not a free service. A basic question: What differentiates SIRIUS from services like Pandora ? As an investor you should know the answer. ps: is not the software.
    Again....you MISS the POINT! Argghhhhhh. YES....Pandora is "FREE"...but not really(if you read my post). And YES Sirius is a "PAY" service. I am NOT suggesting Sirius ABANDON it's current model!!! Hell no. It is a GREAT model, and one that is bringing in 2.4 BILLION a year as opposed to the what? 15 million for Pandora?

What I am saying is for Sirius to ADD a simple feature to their current service. Understand? I said "ADD"....not replace.

If Sirius added this new feature, MORE people would download the online app. MILLIONS more. Are all the people who download it going to upgrade? No. The whole POINT is attracting eyeballs...um I mean EARS. HELLO?!!!

Can't you SEE that? You don't have to be a Harvard Business graduate to see that makes BASIC business sense. MORE people downloading YOUR product is a GOOD thing.

Right now MILLIONS more people are downloading the Pandora app. WHY? It's free. Not better. But FREE. Maybe it's the economy. Maybe they are just kids with no disposable income. But the economy WILL improve. And the kids will grow up.

You have to RESPECT the trends. Sirius does this at their own peril. It is OBVIOUS the eyes and ears of the world are turning to the internet and mobile devices. You have to look at that and wake up.

YES, Sirius is BETTER in SO many ways. They have the content. But a lot of people don't know that. Or haven't sampled that.

WHY NOT create a service add on that mimics the Pandora/Slacker platform? WHY NOT give the people out there who number in the millions ANOTHER choice. Sirius could do it simply and do it BETTER than Pandora.

How cool would it be for the current iphone app to have a button on it that said "CREATE YOUR OWN STATION"? It'd be a GREAT feature. And like I said, they could do it better than Pandora. They could run Sirius adds on the service. The possibilities are ENDLESS.

And they'd be stealing EARS away from Pandora.

Mark my words, Pandora is probably planning on trying to mimic Sirius's services. Maybe they will offer "LIVE CONCERTS" in the future. WHO KNOWS.

Pandora and Slacker ARE competitors. Sirius IS so much better. BUT....why WAIT for Pandora and Slacker to try and add more features? Sirius should add this service now. It's the perfect time.

Sirius could DOMINATE the internet music market with ONE simple action. Like I said over and over again....if they do this, there would be NO reason to download Pandora or Slacker. Sirius could offer this one simple feature and it'd be a win win for them. For one, it'd attract MILLIONS of new downloads, because people DO seem to want this feature otherwise they wouldn't be downloading Pandora. And for another thing, the idea is to CRUSH the competition. This simple action would do that.

More listeners is BETTER. I will never waiver on my opinion of this.

Guru
    07-22-2009, 11:06 AM #26
    Impatient? Some people have been in this stock for 5 years. But even taking into account the relative newness of the merger....and the encouraging synergies which I acknowledge...there are so many things we can impatient about with GOOD reason.

You can talk synergies and cost savings all you want, but the fact that they are not doing simple things like the slacker/pandora service I suggested Speaks VOLUMES. I find it incredibly frustrating that others are so stubborn about this not being an issue. Um...HELLO?! Last I looked Pandora is climbing the top download list on the Apple App store while Sirius is falling.

I am a Sirius investor AND listener, and it pains me to bash....but SOMETHING has to be done. And it frustrates me to no end when other supposed Sirius investors say this is a non issue! Especially while Sirius stock is plummeting. It's outrageous. And it doesn't make sense.

Those people should have got out at 9 dollars a share, 4 years ago. They would have had a 10 bagger on their hands, How much more do you want?

As for the rest I already went into it on other post on this thread.

07-22-2009, 11:14 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    frigginregan, It is you people that dont use your brains, it is you people that think all this can be done and there is nothing to stop them from doing it. It is people like yourself that think it is so easy to just turn on all the deactivated radios and do a ad supported service. It is you that has no clue or can imagine any problems with doing this. All you guys are like, ho it is so easy to do. Yet not one of you brought up the point that what about the OEM deals inwhich they have set amounts that have to be paid to each of them for each radio that is activated. HMMMMMM, who was it that brought that problem up. I'll bet you that there are problems with doing anything you have brought up that you could not even imagine.
    Wow. I find your ignorance staggering. I'm not some screaming petulant kid stamping his feet on the ground. Nor am I tooting my own horn. I stand by my belief that creating a add on service like Pandora/Slacker would benefit Sirius and it's investors so much that it cannot be ignored. Am I passionate? Yup. Brainless? Hardly. I find it mindboggling the level of your arrogance and ignorance. It is quite staggering. And I pray that Sirius management isn't as blind as you are, or we are in big trouble.

Do I think my posts will make a difference? Nope. It's more venting than anything. But I'm passionate, and perhaps SOMEONE out there is listening. Maybe if enough shareholders/listeners express a similar desire....management will take notice. Hopefully they are already working on such a thing as I suggested.

This is not impatience talking. Time is of the essence. Technology is moving at such a rapid pace that if you are on the sidelines, you'll get left behind. You have to jump in and make your presence known, otherwise people will move onto the next gadget or trend by the time you do.

Sirius FINALLY developed an iphone app. Of course, the the bashers and shorts jumped on the fact that Howard, the NFL and Baseball weren't included.

Sirius could overcome those negatives with the announcement of them adding a Pandora/Slacker like feature. It would generate a lot of buzz.

The Sirius app has slipped to what? #35? I GUARANTEE you that if Sirius added this feature, it'd shoot back up to #1 and stay there. It'd permanently knock Pandora down below it for good.

Anyone against this plan, or who mocks it must be out of their mind, delusional, or a short....because it IS a NO BRAINER. Saying it ain't is just retarded talk. Sorry. :-P

Addict
    07-22-2009, 11:16 AM #28
    Again....you MISS the POINT! Argghhhhhh. YES....Pandora is "FREE"...but not really(if you read my post). And YES Sirius is a "PAY" service. I am NOT suggesting Sirius ABANDON it's current model!!! Hell no. It is a GREAT model, and one that is bringing in 2.4 BILLION a year as opposed to the what? 15 million for Pandora?

What I am saying is for Sirius to ADD a simple feature to their current service. Understand? I said "ADD"....not replace.

If Sirius added this new feature, MORE people would download the online app. MILLIONS more. Are all the people who download it going to upgrade? No. The whole POINT is attracting eyeballs...um I mean EARS. HELLO?!!!

Can't you SEE that? You don't have to be a Harvard Business graduate to see that makes BASIC business sense. MORE people downloading YOUR product is a GOOD thing.

Right now MILLIONS more people are downloading the Pandora app. WHY? It's free. Not better. But FREE. Maybe it's the economy. Maybe they are just kids with no disposable income. But the economy WILL improve. And the kids will grow up.

You have to RESPECT the trends. Sirius does this at their own peril. It is OBVIOUS the eyes and ears of the world are turning to the internet and mobile devices. You have to look at that and wake up.

YES, Sirius is BETTER in SO many ways. They have the content. But a lot of people don't know that. Or haven't sampled that.

WHY NOT create a service add on that mimics the Pandora/Slacker platform? WHY NOT give the people out there who number in the millions ANOTHER choice. Sirius could do it simply and do it BETTER than Pandora.

How cool would it be for the current iphone app to have a button on it that said "CREATE YOUR OWN STATION"? It'd be a GREAT feature. And like I said, they could do it better than Pandora. They could run Sirius adds on the service. The possibilities are ENDLESS.

And they'd be stealing EARS away from Pandora.

Mark my words, Pandora is probably planning on trying to mimic Sirius's services. Maybe they will offer "LIVE CONCERTS" in the future. WHO KNOWS.

Pandora and Slacker ARE competitors. Sirius IS so much better. BUT....why WAIT for Pandora and Slacker to try and add more features? Sirius should add this service now. It's the perfect time.

Sirius could DOMINATE the internet music market with ONE simple action. Like I said over and over again....if they do this, there would be NO reason to download Pandora or Slacker. Sirius could offer this one simple feature and it'd be a win win for them. For one, it'd attract MILLIONS of new downloads, because people DO seem to want this feature otherwise they wouldn't be downloading Pandora. And for another thing, the idea is to CRUSH the competition. This simple action would do that.

More listeners is BETTER. I will never waiver on my opinion of this.
    I repeat the question: What makes you think that by "copying" Pandora and Slacker, SIRIUS will have flocks of new subscribers ?

Again, I do not think that by adding a feature to the software SIRI will abandon its business model, I just want to know why do you think that by adding that feature they will have flocks and flocks of new subscribers ?

Why do you think people does not know SIRIUS has better content ??? I thought that was their main sales pitch and what differentiated SIRIUS from terrestrial and internet radio... and for people to be unaware of it ... uhmm...

You do not have to sell this feature to me, sell it to SIRI's management. I am sure they will listen. Especially with the sales plan...

07-22-2009, 11:39 AM #29
    I repeat the question: What makes you think that by "copying" Pandora and Slacker, SIRIUS will have flocks of new subscribers ?

Again, I do not think that by adding a feature to the software SIRI will abandon its business model, I just want to know why do you think that by adding that feature they will have flocks and flocks of new subscribers ?

Why do you think people does not know SIRIUS has better content ??? I thought that was their main sales pitch and what differentiated SIRIUS from terrestrial and internet radio... and for people to be unaware of it ... uhmm...

You do not have to sell this feature to me, sell it to SIRI's management. I am sure they will listen. Especially with the sales plan...
    Why do I think adding this feature would bring flocks of new subscribers?

Simple. It's a NUMBERS game. Business 101. The MORE "eyes" or "ears" you have the better the odds. At one time, Babe Ruth was the home run king. But few realize he also had the most strike outs.

My point is, not EVERYONE is going to sign up that downloads the app. But the fact is, and it's not a feeling...but a FACT....MORE PEOPLE WOULD DOWNLOAD the app.

And again....more "eyes" and "ears" means more people with the Sirius product in their hands.

The numbers don't lie. Right now MORE people are downloading the Pandora app.

Wether Sirius is better or not is moot. Pandora is attracting more "eyes" and "ears".

But if Sirius adds this feature...it'd generate buzz and interest again....as well as being a long term generator of new subs. It's all related and connected.

And is as obvious to me as the earth being round.

Mentor
    07-22-2009, 11:44 AM #30
    Wow. I find your ignorance staggering. I'm not some screaming petulant kid stamping his feet on the ground. Nor am I tooting my own horn. I stand by my belief that creating a add on service like Pandora/Slacker would benefit Sirius and it's investors so much that it cannot be ignored. Am I passionate? Yup. Brainless? Hardly. I find it mindboggling the level of your arrogance and ignorance. It is quite staggering. And I pray that Sirius management isn't as blind as you are, or we are in big trouble.

Do I think my posts will make a difference? Nope. It's more venting than anything. But I'm passionate, and perhaps SOMEONE out there is listening. Maybe if enough shareholders/listeners express a similar desire....management will take notice. Hopefully they are already working on such a thing as I suggested.

This is not impatience talking. Time is of the essence. Technology is moving at such a rapid pace that if you are on the sidelines, you'll get left behind. You have to jump in and make your presence known, otherwise people will move onto the next gadget or trend by the time you do.

Sirius FINALLY developed an iphone app. Of course, the the bashers and shorts jumped on the fact that Howard, the NFL and Baseball weren't included.

Sirius could overcome those negatives with the announcement of them adding a Pandora/Slacker like feature. It would generate a lot of buzz.

The Sirius app has slipped to what? #35? I GUARANTEE you that if Sirius added this feature, it'd shoot back up to #1 and stay there. It'd permanently knock Pandora down below it for good.

Anyone against this plan, or who mocks it must be out of their mind, delusional, or a short....because it IS a NO BRAINER. Saying it ain't is just retarded talk. Sorry. :-P
    Frigginregan,i hear what your saying,and not being technical or having an I-Phone or seen Slackdora work,i think you are missing the BIG picture here,
    SXM is the future bussiness model of all WIFI and internet radio based plansd,The company will be the model that everyone else will try to emulate,that is Subscription based,as all with royalties and ads not covering basic free model most will have to go from free to partial pay and eventually just like SXM get more exclusive content to charge more..
    It is a hell of alot harder to go from FREE to PAY than Pay to higher FEES as vyou become more popular..
    SEE imho SXM is way ahead of the game here and everyone else will have to catch up..

Page 3 of 11 12345 ...