Page 8 of 11 ... 678910 ...
    Guru
    07-22-2009, 06:11 PM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    That is why I never insult anyone. Usually people that insult others, end up insulting themselves.

I do it because I cant stand having to go over the same shit time and time again. I could never teach kids, argueing with people like "frigginregan" is like teaching a three year old that 2 + 2 = 4. You know your right but they keep saying no it is 3. The only difference is, at least the three year old has little experience on this and I expect others here to already have some common sense about them.

Addict
    07-22-2009, 06:13 PM #72
    Quote Originally Posted by toxdoc View Post
    How many errors do I believe you have in that sentence? No se. No hablo espanol.
    Hahah, this guy... LOL. Correcting grammar in the only language he speaks. Anyone can do that. Hard is writing, speaking and understanding a language that is not yours.

Addict
    07-22-2009, 06:20 PM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I do it because I cant stand having to go over the same shit time and time again. I could never teach kids, argueing with people like "frigginregan" is like teaching a three year old that 2 + 2 = 4. You know your right but they keep saying no it is 3. The only difference is, at least the three year old has little experience on this and I expect others here to already have some common sense about them.
    I agree, but always think before insulting anyone. Insulting is usually the preamble of physical aggression. Of course in this case is not but what is the point anyway ?

07-22-2009, 06:23 PM #74
    Hahah, this guy... LOL. Correcting grammar in the only language he speaks. Anyone can do that. Hard is writing, speaking and understanding a language that is not yours.
    Here's a little news flash for ya. The fact that you know a few languages means nothing other than the fact that you've studied them and learned them. You're confusing knowledge with intelligence. You have knowledge in languages. Good for you.

I'm sure that I have knowledge in things that you don't. But I don't feel the need to throw that in your face to prove how smart I am like you did when you responed to that other guy.

Addict
    07-22-2009, 06:30 PM #75
    Quote Originally Posted by toxdoc View Post
    Here's a little news flash for ya. The fact that you know a few languages means nothing other than the fact that you've studied them and learned them. You're confusing knowledge with intelligence. You have knowledge in languages. Good for you.

I'm sure that I have knowledge in things that you don't. But I don't feel the need to throw that in your face to prove how smart I am like you did when you responed to that other guy.
    I never confused knowledge with intelligence. You were the one that corrected me (thus you did feel the need to throw that in my face), I just proved to you that I am not a native english speaker like you.

And you got exactly my point. I studied, no one is born speaking 4 languages or knowing about business.

Ps: I never said I was smart or intelligent.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 07-22-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Guru
    07-22-2009, 06:36 PM #76
    I agree, but always think before insulting anyone. Insulting is usually the preamble of physical aggression. Of course in this case is not but what is the point anyway ?

Ho I usually wait till I have had to explain something to them for about the third time. After that I am just pissed that there are people like this actually out there. I mean OMG if I had something explained to me as clearly as I have done I would get it by then. I have told people that the Iphone app would not add that many subs so many times for so long it is just sick.

Mentor
    07-22-2009, 06:40 PM #77
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Hummmm, I bet DISH/EcoStar thought is was also a no brainner to just copy what TIVO is doing.
    Thats different. This is no "technology". And im sure it worked out for them, other than this little lawsuit thing. Offering a random music generator is not going to get them sued.. But I know you were just being a smart ass. Dont even know why i posted. I think your right, but Friggen is right too. Hes passionate, I like that. Hes not trying to say anything about this second. But he would like something in the near future. Unfortunately friggen, we will never know they intend to release anything like this, as this would acknowledge them as competing with pandora, giving there competitiors unnecessary attention. Plus you dont want them knowing what your doing, i would think. So we will just have to see, and hope that they do it. Did you try calling them about it? curious what they might have said to you about it.

Mentor
    07-22-2009, 06:43 PM #78
    So what you are saying is that it will open a new market ? Ok, let me ask you the question differently.

What makes you believe that this new feature will attract customers that are currently paying zip, zero, nada for the service to a service that has a monthy fee ? The content has not attracted them....

Look, when I was working as a marketing manager for a company back in 1999-2000, we were evaluating entering a cheap market. We discovered that the expenses of entering and mantaining the presence in that market were higher than the revenues and profits it would provide. Business 101: DO NOT ENTER A MARKET BLINDFOLDED. You have an interesting idea but you are assuming a lot of uncontrollables that you have not studied. That is why, it is NOT a no brainer. You need your brain ... to perform a market study FIRST.

ps: Your "more ears and eyes" will not fly with management... unless of course al off the sudden they decide to open a lemonade stand... and even then...
    You have to consider costs to implement. Nothing to them. Worth a shot. Your very pessimistic. You ask questions, I can ask the same question to you. What makes you think THEY WONT get subs for offering this?

Mentor
    07-22-2009, 06:49 PM #79
    Quote Originally Posted by frigginregan View Post
    Wow. I'm done. Lol. Hello? McFly?!! Yikes. I find it hard to believe you were a marketing manager.

Did you ACTUALLY write what I think you wrote? Um...let me check. Ah...YES...you DID.

Ok Sparky....let me explain something to you that you can't seem to grasp. If Sirius offered such an addition to their app(and I believe they are working on it)....it would MOST definitely INCREASE the number of downloads of their iphone app.

I don't know if you are young, or if you are an Apple user(i doubt it tho).....but I am. And I am also very much in the marketing/advertising world, so I know a thing or two about what I am saying.

The Apple phenom is real. The iphone phenom is real. The itunes App store is real. People all over the world are loading up their iphones with apps CONSTANTLY. Especially FREE apps. So much so that Apple is about to change it's requirements to be listed on their most DOWNLOADED list because it skews to the free and is unfair to the apps that charge.

Anyway...the point is this mostly young crowd(which I am a member of) are very HIP to what is hot and also download ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that is free.

I seriously question your marketing background if you don't think for a minute that Sirius offering a free pandora/slacker like service to their iphone app wouldn't instantly bump it's downloads.

If you do, you're delusional. It most certainly would. And it makes great business sense for Sirius to do this. We are talking about MILLIONS of more downloads over time. Free is free. And it would bring people into the Sirius tent. Wether they upgrade or not, it would bring more people in. THAT my ignorant marketing friend is a FACT. LOL.

Seriously. From that bigger tent, Sirius could do ALL sorts of marketing and targeting of it's expanding captive audience. To say it couldn't would be further proof of your ignorance and lack of marketing acumen.

But I'm done for now. It was fun, but I have grown weary of talking to you. Lol.

:-P
    I agree with all your points here. John is just arguing to argue with you. He probably forgot why by now. Love your passion man. One of my favorite reads on the articles. John, be nice. Your so mean!!!

Head Honcho
    07-22-2009, 06:51 PM #80
    Impromptu Meet and Greet Set

Okay. Here is the scoop. I will be at the Blue Martini at the Millenia Mall in Orlando Florida tonight. Any and all are welcomed to come and talk about Sirius XM, or whatever suits your fancy. It is Ladies night, so any ladies out there get a good deal.

The formal Orlando Meet and Greet will be Saturday, August 8th at the Blue Martini beginning at 7:30 PM. If you are a site reader, you are welcomed to join me at the Blue Martini (Millenia Mall Orlando) location. Good food, reasonable prices, and great conversation. More details to follow.

Anyone interested in tonights informal get together is welcomed to come to the Blue Martini, and seek me out.....LOL. If you are headed there, drop me an email, and I will watch for you. satellitestandard@gmail.com.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Page 8 of 11 ... 678910 ...