Page 24 of 75 ... 1422232425263474 ...
    Mentor
    07-21-2009, 05:12 PM #231
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Are you really going to try and make something out of this, lol?
    I'm sure I will in the middle of the night one of these days - thanks to the combination of ADD, sleep problems, and work procrastination. I need to write little programs from time to time for work - but those occasions are few and far inbetween so I get rusty, so sometimes in the middle of the night, I will write something for trading for practice. Of course, in this case it will be useless, but fun.

After I get it done, I could even put it into some TA software. All in all, it could be done in excel too - but that's too manual

In fact the bottleneck to keeping it updated is my inability to download quotes without much manual labor - ie. I'd rather (and need to find a way) to get some script going, so I can just type "get-quotes" and that's that.

Mentor
    07-21-2009, 05:17 PM #232
    whatother tickers have we discussed?

BEHL
    BCLE
    MGLG
    RTGV
    IFSL
    SARO
    ?????

If the list is small, even doing it manually in excel won't be much work.

Guru
    07-21-2009, 05:20 PM #233
    well i dropped off my bcle at the end of the day at 022 for a decent 47% profit. Its still in my list i just wanted to book the gains since it looks like i could possibly get another chan ce to buy back in the 01's but if not all good, i know it can run easy so will see what happens
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 07-21-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Mentor
    07-21-2009, 05:29 PM #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    whatother tickers have we discussed?

BEHL
    BCLE
    MGLG
    RTGV
    IFSL
    SARO
    ?????

If the list is small, even doing it manually in excel won't be much work.
    QASP (basically everything on my sig except SIRI.... oh yeah and EWKS - that is a dog!!!!!) and si
    Last edited by bassmaster; 07-21-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Mentor
    07-21-2009, 05:34 PM #235
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    well i dropped of my bcle at the end of the day at 022 for a decent 47% profit. Its still in my list i just wanted to book the gains since it looks like i could possibly get another chan ce to buy back in the 01's but if not all good, i know it can run easy so will see what happens
    congratz!!!! always a great post when you mention taking profits

Enthusiast
    Joined: May 2009 Location: In the nether regions of the ethernet Posts: 147
    07-21-2009, 05:55 PM #236
    Sean,

I am holding FNM... I have this dream that one day it will come out of conservertership and jump up 200 or 300%...

It is a dream..

I am also holding OCNF.. although I am in the red...this is a looooong term hold for me. Kinda like a CD... I can wait on this one...and I am sure it will move up over the next year...and.... when It starts paying dividends...it will even be sweeter.

07-21-2009, 08:00 PM #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO for some reason i made a 13 stock watch list on nasdaq.com yesteday... one of those stocks went up 661%.. why the hell didn't i buy into that one

QSGI

stock magician Yugi are you holding fnm?
    WOW!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that IFSL does the same

07-21-2009, 09:12 PM #238

any suggestions

Like sean and a couple of others, I am new at stocks and have barely any time to learn so learning is going slow. I bought SIRI back in Feb at .13 so I am in the green on that. I also hold BCLE(40k @.025) and mglg(1.3mil @.0017 and .0011). After reading and learning here I find myself thinking of dumping all the stocks, and getting in at these lower prices so that if bcle and mglg do pop the gain would be much more desirable. At this point I am at break even if I cash in all three stocks so I would be covering ith my siri profits.

That being said I would buy back into mglg and bcle because I believe in the products. It woujld be just like starting over in better positions. Any thoughts on the strategy???

Addict
    07-21-2009, 09:44 PM #239
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post
    Like sean and a couple of others, I am new at stocks and have barely any time to learn so learning is going slow. I bought SIRI back in Feb at .13 so I am in the green on that. I also hold BCLE(40k @.025) and mglg(1.3mil @.0017 and .0011). After reading and learning here I find myself thinking of dumping all the stocks, and getting in at these lower prices so that if bcle and mglg do pop the gain would be much more desirable. At this point I am at break even if I cash in all three stocks so I would be covering ith my siri profits.

That being said I would buy back into mglg and bcle because I believe in the products. It woujld be just like starting over in better positions. Any thoughts on the strategy???
    Believe it or not....your siri is your ace in the hole....If you hold it just for a few more weeks you should be able to dump it for maybe .50+ pre market before the confrence call... I wish I had your position @ .13 and with the pressure of siri possible facing delisting their is a shot at a quick spike to $1 even if it only for a moment.....I hold 160k shares at about .35 adv and will be dumping half if siri gets above .60+ next week and then buy them back with more added on th pull back.... as far as the others I have bcle and maybe we get some good new after the convention this week in Las Vegas and you will get that back and then some because your in there right now with that one....patience is the name of the game here and i always find just when I dump a stock after holding for the hard times it always seems to go up...for instance I had 100k shares of spng at .008 which totals $800 bucks and sold them to make a few hundred dollars and then with in one month it went to .28 that few hundred dollars cost me $28k....was it worth it.... You do what you feel but I wanted you to know that again patience will pay off on good picks in the long run... Good Luck Tony
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 07-21-2009 at 09:46 PM.

Mentor
    07-21-2009, 09:48 PM #240
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post

sirius is a tuff sell. time it right. there historically has been a run up before CC so if the pattern holds, you'll be missing out on some nice gains. more and more people are losing faith in MGLG. if it does get back to the original price of .0003 i am a buyer and holder till news.
    i dont think its a great idea to dump all your money into 1 or 2 picks. consider pinks a whole separate portfolio and diversify. i really like bills pick from last night QASP. you should check it out (and i mean DYODD).

hey dr.dave did you hold any free shares of RTGV? i got back in today at .062.. i am playing with fire, i just dont see any real resistance till .08...i cant say no to 30% profits.lol